Global Organ-on-a-Chip Market: Overview
The global organ-on-a-chip market is likely to exhibit phenomenal growth over the period of assessment. Global organ-on-chip market is driven by growth factors, such as need for alternatives for animal testing and early detection of toxicity of drugs.
Transparency Market Research offers an assessment of global organ-on-chip market in an upcoming report. The study provides major particulars extracted from a broad analysis of the market and it also underscores market trends, drivers, geographies, and cost for the assessment period of 2019-2027.
Identify the Key Factors that will drive your Company’s Growth. Request a Brochure of Organ-on-a-Chip Market Report here
Global Organ-on-a-Chip Market: Notable Developments
In the recent times, the global organ-on-a-chip market has witnessed improvements in its dynamics. Some developments of the global organ-on-a-chip marketare mentioned below:
- In 2019, AxoSim, Inc., the leading provider of neuroscience discovery platforms that imitate the function and structure of the human nervous system, announced an acquiring of exclusive license of “Mini-Brain" technology from Johns Hopkins University. It is used to induce pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) to produce functional models of the human brain. Mini-Brain technology allows scientists to make a study of key functions of the brain, test brand new therapies and screen for harmful substances in human beings rather than animal models at the early stage of research.
- In July 2019, a study ofnerve-on-a-chip technology by AxoSim revealed that the platform can accurately provide vital physiological readouts that could accelerate the development of drugs to treat neurological disorders. The study has also revealed that nerve-on-a-chip technology is the first all-human in vitro model, which can gauge crucial factors that were earlier only available using live animal models.
Some of the leading players in the global organ-on-a-chip market are AxoSimInc., Ascendance Biotechnology, Organovo Holdings, Tara Biosystems, Nortis Inc., and CN Bio Innovations among others.
Expanding Operations in Future? To get the perfect launch ask for a Custom Report here
Global Organ-on-a-Chip Market: Key Trends
The global organ-on-a-chip market is likely to witness growth due to the following growth factor:
Rising Demand for Alternative to Animal Testing Bolsters Organ-on-a-Chip Market Growth
Human trials of drugs become all the more risky as animal tests are not so reliable. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has observed that 95 percent of all the drugs that are shown to be effective and safe in animal tests fail in human trials as they are either dangerous or don't work.
In a bid to control high costs in drug development, there is an immediate need for the development of more predictive tissue models making use of human cells. Those human cells are meant to determine efficacy and safety of drugs ahead of clinical testing. Recent insights obtained through studies of fundamental biology have endorsed the significance of cellular communication and dynamic cell environments in the expression of high fidelity organ function.
Based on this knowledge, emerging technology of organ-on-a-chip is poised to fill the gaps in drug screening by offering predictive models of human tissue with methods of advanced tissue assembly. Organ-on-a-Chip startups have begun to arise from academic research to fill these commercial gaps and are drawing investment to change the drug discovery industry.
Global Organ-on-a-Chip Market: Geographical Analysis
Regionally, global organ-on-a-chip market is divided into North America, Europe, AsiaPacific, South America, and the Middle East and Africa. North America is anticipated to account fora lion’s share of the overall organ-on-a-chip market of the organ-on-chip owing to the favorable government initiatives aimed at funding the programs for research and basic drug development and concentration of key pharmaceutical companies.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.