Global Oral Hygiene Products Market: Overview
The global oral hygiene products market is expected to register robust growth, thanks to growing awareness about risks such as osteoporosis and complications related to diabetes. Oral hygiene is gaining increased attention worldwide as more tools and techniques are available for people to keep their mouth clean and disease-free. These practices are recommended to carry out every day for the prevention of dental diseases like periodontitis and gingivitis.
With brushing teeth at twice a day being a norm in most countries, the demand for proper oral hygiene is quite high. Hence, there are a large number of players competing to gain a maximum shares in the oral hygiene products market, thereby giving rise to a highly competitive vendor landscape. Additionally, promotions also seem to have a large subconscious effect on people in the global oral hygiene products market. White teeth and straight teeth are associated with good dental hygiene these days. However, studies show that stained teeth and crooked teeth can still represent an ideal state of oral hygiene.
Growing awareness regarding dental hygiene is also pushing health authorities to clear the air regarding healthy practices. For example, the Australian healthcare and hospital association reported that dental checkups are necessary to be conducted every three years. Additionally, these should be conducted every two years among children. Such an oversight is leading to the emergence of various cleaning techniques including tooth polishing, tooth scaling, debridement, and subsequent fluoride treatment.
Global Oral Hygiene Products Market: Notable Developments
- According to a new medical study, bad oral hygiene can lead to or worsen the Alzheimer’s disease. Bacteria found in gum disease, mainly toxins such as gingipain are linked to aspiration pneumonia and rheumatoid arthritis. The study notes that during its testing on mice, the toxins were able to travel from the mouth to the brain.
- Precision Health Co. Ltd and Biohit Oyj have collaborated for the distribution of the Acetium lozenge in Thailand. The product aims at helping consumers to quit smoking and improve oral health in the process. It contains natural amino acids and claims to cuts down up to 90% of smoke-derived acetaldehyde in saliva. Due to this, cigarettes taste different when one intakes the product right after a smoke break. The product targets a growing population of smokers around the world as the key audience for dental hygiene treatment.
Global Oral Hygiene Products Market: Key Trends
Growing awareness and improving standards of beauty due to growing influx of social media are expected to drive major growth for the global oral hygiene products market. The market is also witnessing a rise in number of smokers and more precautionary measures as costs of dental care are considerably high. Additionally, lack of insurance coverage for dental care is expected to create significant opportunities for all players in the oral hygiene products market. The market also faces certain challenges as growing availability of information poses a challenge to the growth of many products in the oral hygiene products market. However, growing demand for beautification and growing awareness about modern dental hygiene in emerging regions are expected to create new opportunities.
Global Oral Hygiene Products Market: Regional Outlook
The global oral hygiene products market is divided into several main regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. The global oral hygiene products market will most likely register the highest revenue growth in North America. The widespread availability of various products, heightened awareness in countries like the US, and high disposable income are expected to drive considerable growth for the market. Additionally, the oral hygiene products market is also expected to register the highest CAGR in the Asia Pacific region. Growing influx of new products, changing lifestyle, and large population are expected to drive significant growth for the global oral hygiene products market in the region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.