Oral Drug Delivery Systems Market: Introduction
- Drug delivery systems are employed to deliver therapeutic agents in a controlled manner. Drugs are delivered through various routes such as oral, nasal, and intravenous. They can be absorbed through the skin too. The oral route of drug delivery has undergone development over the last few years, with several technologies under clinical trials. Among these, oral drug delivery systems are available in the form of tablets and films.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Oral Drug Delivery Systems Market
- The global oral drug delivery systems market is anticipated to be driven by various factors during the forecast period, such as rise in the number of collaborations among market players, an increase in the demand for oral drug delivery technologies for use in the treatment of chronic diseases, and a rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases across the world. For instance, in December 2017, Shire, a biotechnology company manufacturing products for rare diseases, and Rani Therapeutics, an InCube Labs company, entered into a collaboration to conduct research on use of the Rani Pill technology for oral delivery of the Factor-VIII (FVIII) therapy indicated for hemophilia A. This collaboration enabled the two companies to enhance their R&D efforts and offer promising therapies for rare diseases. In December 2018, Gensco Pharma, a manufacturer of prescription transdermal products, entered into a definitive licensing, development and supply agreement with IntelGenx Corp, an oral drug delivery company, for commercialization of RIZAPORT, an oral thin film used in the treatment of migraine, in the U.S. market.
Global Oral Drug Delivery Systems Market: Segmentation
- The global oral drug delivery systems market can be segmented based on product, end-user, and region. In terms of product, the market can be divided into thin films, tablets, solutions & syrups, and granules. In terms of end-user, the market can be categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, home healthcare, and others. The home healthcare segment is expected to account for a prominent market share during the forecast period, owing to a rise in the rate of adoption of oral drug delivery systems by healthcare professionals, especially in developed countries such as the U.S.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Oral Drug Delivery Systems Market
- The global oral drug delivery systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to account for a significant market share during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to be driven by an increase in the number of patent approvals by the FDA, technological advancements, and research on the use of nanotechnology for drug delivery in the region. For instance, in March 2019, Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc., a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing oral drug delivery systems, received a U.S. patent for its technology called “Protease Inhibitor-containing Compositions, Compositions Comprising the Same, and Methods for Producing and Using the Same.” Furthermore, the U.S. is anticipated to hold a prominent share of the oral drug delivery systems market in North America during the forecast period, owing to rapid adoption of new drug delivery technologies and presence of research centers developing innovative drug delivery systems in the country. Germany is expected to hold a key share of the Europe market from 2021 to 2027, due to an increase in the number of biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies focusing on research activities and use of advanced technologies in the country. The oral drug delivery systems market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period, due to an increase in the number of research institutes and universities conducting research on drug delivery and a rise in awareness about oral drug delivery technologies in China, Japan, and India. For instance, scientists at the Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad (India) have developed potential nanoparticles to administer DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) and siRNA (short interfering ribonucleic acid) as therapeutic materials through the oral route.
Key Players Operating in Global Oral Drug Delivery Systems Market
The global oral drug delivery systems market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for products to treat chronic diseases has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global oral drug delivery systems market.
Major players operating in the global oral drug delivery systems market are listed below:
- SKYEPHARMA PRODUCTION SAS
- ARx, LLC
- CURE Pharmaceutical
- Catalent, Inc.
- INTELGENX CORP.
- Assembly Biosciences, Inc.
- Aquestive Therapeutics
- tesa SE
- Emisphere Technologies
- Adare Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- ZIM Laboratories Limited.
Global Oral Drug Delivery Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Oral Drug Delivery Systems Market, by Product
- Thin films
- Solutions & syrups
Global Oral Drug Delivery Systems Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Home healthcare
Global Oral Drug Delivery Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.