Optical Biometry Devices: Introduction
- Optical biometry devices are used for intraocular lens power calculations in clinical practice. Optical biometry is very accurate and non-invasive automated procedure that measures the characteristics of the eyes automatically.
Expansion in Emerging Markets in Asia Pacific and Latin America to Offer Opportunities in Optical Biometry Devices Market
- Key factors attributed to the rapid growth of the market in Asia Pacific are presence of high patient population suffering from eye disorders and high prevalence of diseases such as diabetes and hypertension
- Moreover, the region comprises several emerging economies, which could be significant markets for optical biometry technologies due to high unmet medical needs and low penetration of these devices
- Key companies operating in the market are focused on expansion of their product portfolios by developing new products with reduced side effects and enhanced effectiveness to treat optical diseases
- Emerging economies are major markets for optical biometry devices due to expansion of health care infrastructure
- Penetration of advanced health care disease treatment techniques is significantly high in developed countries. However, the rate of adoption is low in emerging economies in Asia and Latin America due to lack of awareness about optical biometry devices.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Optical Biometry Devices Market
- Major drivers of the global optical biometry market are rise in prevalence of various disorders related to different parts of the body, changing lifestyle, aging population, and increase in awareness and acceptance of several optical imaging technologies
- However, lack of well-defined reimbursement structure in most of the regions hampers the growth of the market
- Significant scope for emerging optical imaging technologies in applications such as oncology, neurology, and research and low penetration in emerging economies provide immense opportunities in the market in these regions
- Changing lifestyle such as sedentary lifestyle, longer working duration in front of a laptop/pc monitor, and absence of exercise and physical activities lead to several health conditions among populations across the world
Swept-source Optical Coherence Tomography (SS-OCT) Based Optical Biometry Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on product type, the global optical biometry devices market can be divided into swept-source optical coherence tomography (SS-OCT) based optical biometry, optical low-coherence reflectometry (OLCR) based optical biometry, and partial coherence interferometry (PCI) based optical biometry.
- The swept-source optical coherence tomography (SS-OCT) based optical biometry segment dominated the market owing to its high accuracy and fast speed
Intraocular Lens (IOL) Power Calculation Segment to Expand at a Rapid Pace
- Based on application, the global optical biometry devices market can be bifurcated into blood intraocular lens (IOL) placement and intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation. The intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation segment dominated the global market in 2018.
- The intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation segment dominated the market owing to high usage of intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation in optical biometry
Hospitals Dominated Global Optical Biometry Devices Market
- Based on end-user, the global optical biometry devices market can be classified into hospitals, ophthalmology clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global optical biometry devices market in 2018. High usage of optical biometry in hospitals for eye treatment and availability of certified physicians in hospitals drive the segment.
North America to Lead Global Optical Biometry Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global optical biometry devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global optical biometry devices market during the forecast period. Key driver of the market in the region is high uptake of these technologies in several applications such as ophthalmology, dentistry, and dermatology.
- North America also comprises large geriatric population that suffers from several disorders and requires optical biometry devices. This contributes to the growth of the market in the region.
- High awareness and affordability of the population also boost the growth of the market in North America
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Optical Biometry Devices Market
The global optical biometry devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Menicon Co., Ltd.
- Metall Zug AG
- NIDEK CO., LTD.
- SANTEC CORPORATION
- Topcon Corporation
- HEINE Optotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- Tomey Corporation
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Leica Microsystems
Global Optical Biometry Devices Market, by Product Type
- Swept-source Optical Coherence Tomography (SS-OCT) Based Optical Biometry
- OpticalLow-coherence Reflectometry (OLCR) Based Optical Biometry
- Partial Coherence Interferometry (PCI) Based Optical Biometry
Global Optical Biometry Devices Market, by Application
- Intraocular Lens (IOL) Placement
- Intraocular Lens (IOL) Power Calculation
Global Optical Biometry Devices Market, by End-user
- Ophthalmology Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.