Optical Biometry Devices: Introduction
- Optical biometry devices are used for intraocular lens power calculations in clinical practice. Optical biometry is very accurate and non-invasive automated procedure that measures the characteristics of the eyes automatically.
Expansion in Emerging Markets in Asia Pacific and Latin America to Offer Opportunities in Optical Biometry Devices Market
- Key factors attributed to the rapid growth of the market in Asia Pacific are presence of high patient population suffering from eye disorders and high prevalence of diseases such as diabetes and hypertension
- Moreover, the region comprises several emerging economies, which could be significant markets for optical biometry technologies due to high unmet medical needs and low penetration of these devices
- Key companies operating in the market are focused on expansion of their product portfolios by developing new products with reduced side effects and enhanced effectiveness to treat optical diseases
- Emerging economies are major markets for optical biometry devices due to expansion of health care infrastructure
- Penetration of advanced health care disease treatment techniques is significantly high in developed countries. However, the rate of adoption is low in emerging economies in Asia and Latin America due to lack of awareness about optical biometry devices.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Optical Biometry Devices Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Optical Biometry Devices Market
- Major drivers of the global optical biometry market are rise in prevalence of various disorders related to different parts of the body, changing lifestyle, aging population, and increase in awareness and acceptance of several optical imaging technologies
- However, lack of well-defined reimbursement structure in most of the regions hampers the growth of the market
- Significant scope for emerging optical imaging technologies in applications such as oncology, neurology, and research and low penetration in emerging economies provide immense opportunities in the market in these regions
- Changing lifestyle such as sedentary lifestyle, longer working duration in front of a laptop/pc monitor, and absence of exercise and physical activities lead to several health conditions among populations across the world
Swept-source Optical Coherence Tomography (SS-OCT) Based Optical Biometry Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on product type, the global optical biometry devices market can be divided into swept-source optical coherence tomography (SS-OCT) based optical biometry, optical low-coherence reflectometry (OLCR) based optical biometry, and partial coherence interferometry (PCI) based optical biometry.
- The swept-source optical coherence tomography (SS-OCT) based optical biometry segment dominated the market owing to its high accuracy and fast speed
Intraocular Lens (IOL) Power Calculation Segment to Expand at a Rapid Pace
- Based on application, the global optical biometry devices market can be bifurcated into blood intraocular lens (IOL) placement and intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation. The intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation segment dominated the global market in 2018.
- The intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation segment dominated the market owing to high usage of intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation in optical biometry
Hospitals Dominated Global Optical Biometry Devices Market
- Based on end-user, the global optical biometry devices market can be classified into hospitals, ophthalmology clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global optical biometry devices market in 2018. High usage of optical biometry in hospitals for eye treatment and availability of certified physicians in hospitals drive the segment.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Optical Biometry Devices Market Report
North America to Lead Global Optical Biometry Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global optical biometry devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global optical biometry devices market during the forecast period. Key driver of the market in the region is high uptake of these technologies in several applications such as ophthalmology, dentistry, and dermatology.
- North America also comprises large geriatric population that suffers from several disorders and requires optical biometry devices. This contributes to the growth of the market in the region.
- High awareness and affordability of the population also boost the growth of the market in North America
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Optical Biometry Devices Market
The global optical biometry devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Menicon Co., Ltd.
- Metall Zug AG
- NIDEK CO., LTD.
- SANTEC CORPORATION
- Topcon Corporation
- HEINE Optotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- Tomey Corporation
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Leica Microsystems
Global Optical Biometry Devices Market, by Product Type
- Swept-source Optical Coherence Tomography (SS-OCT) Based Optical Biometry
- OpticalLow-coherence Reflectometry (OLCR) Based Optical Biometry
- Partial Coherence Interferometry (PCI) Based Optical Biometry
Global Optical Biometry Devices Market, by Application
- Intraocular Lens (IOL) Placement
- Intraocular Lens (IOL) Power Calculation
Global Optical Biometry Devices Market, by End-user
- Ophthalmology Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.