Ophthalmic Surgery Microscopes Market: Overview
- In medicine, microscopes were first used in ophthalmology to perform various surgical procedures. Ophthalmic surgery microscopes offer high contrast and detailed imaging of various regions of the human eye. These microscopes can be fixed or adjustable as per the need of the surgeon and ophthalmic surgery to be performed.
- It is important to give attention to the type of optics incorporated in microscopes. For example, apochromatic lens provide high light transmission which allows high quality imaging at lower light intensities. Additionally, a number of ophthalmic microscopes available in the market have multiple lighting options such as the ability to switch between halogen and xenon.
- Ophthalmic surgical microscopes continue to evolve, and the latest advances integrate these with other equipment used during a surgery
- The global ophthalmic surgery microscopes market is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to new product launch by market players, technological advancements, and rise in availability of ophthalmic surgery microscopes
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Ophthalmic Surgery Microscopes Market Report Brochure
Drivers of Global Ophthalmic Surgery Microscopes Market
- The global ophthalmic surgery microscopes market is expected to be driven by increase in popularity of minimally invasive ophthalmic surgeries, rise in prevalence of various eye diseases such as cataract, and high prevalence risk factors for eye diseases such as diabetes & high blood glucose levels
- According to the United Nations, by 2050, the geriatric population is expected to account for more than 25% of the populations in Europe and Northern America, 20 % in Oceania, 17% in Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, and 6% in Africa
- According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Product estimates, the U.S. will have about 72.1 million geriatric population by 2030, which is more than twice the number in 2000
- The growth of the market is also attributed to increase in number of cataract surgeries, extensive research & development efforts in ophthalmology, and evolution in ophthalmic imaging. Moreover, increase in the geriatric population is likely to propel the ophthalmic surgery microscopes market.
- An article published by Jobson Medical Information LLC stated that there were nearly 18,000 ophthalmologists in the U.S. in 2015, out of which 9,000 perform cataract surgery regularly
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Ophthalmic Surgery Microscopes Market
- North America is projected to account for significant share of the global ophthalmic surgery microscopes market during the forecast period. Growth of the market in the region is attributed to positive impact of medical technologies in the delivery of health care in the U.S. and Canada, rise in investments in the medical device industry, and increase in the number of ophthalmologists adopting technological advanced ophthalmology instruments and devices.
- Moreover, rise in the number of ophthalmology institutes and medical centers offering training to health care professionals in ophthalmic surgery is projected to fuel the growth of the ophthalmic surgery microscopes market in the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Ophthalmic Surgery Microscopes Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Ophthalmic Surgery Microscopes Market
Major players in the global ophthalmic surgery microscopes market are:
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Leica Microsystems
- Karl Kaps GmbH & Co. KG
- Seiler Instrument, Inc.
- Takagi Ophthalmic Instruments Europe Ltd.
- Alcon (Novartis)
- ORION MEDIC
- HAAG-STREIT GROUP
- Rexxam Co., Ltd.
Global Ophthalmic Surgery Microscopes Market: Research Scope
Global Ophthalmic Surgery Microscopes Market, by Product Type
- On Casters
- Wall Mount
- Ceiling Mount
Global Ophthalmic Surgery Microscopes Market, by Application
- LASIK Surgery
- Cataract Surgery
- Keratoplasty Surgery
Global Ophthalmic Surgery Microscopes Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Ophthalmology Clinics
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.