Ophthalmic Loupes Market: Introduction
- During a medical procedure, ophthalmic loupes help to enhance and magnify the area of accuracy and precision. These are an inexpensive choice for the operating microscope during operations. This is projected to accelerate its adoption in small to medium-sized health care and ambulatory care settings. Given the interpupillary size, angle of declination, and working distance, these loupes could be modified, thereby helping to preserve the posture of ophthalmologists.
- Ophthalmic loupes are used when conducting a procedure to improve and extend the field of precision and accuracy. The tailored magnification allows a surgeon to reduce neck tension and other major advantages. These loupes are adjustable and allow ophthalmologists to control their posture. These advantages drive the demand for ophthalmic loupes.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Ophthalmic Loupes Market
- The need of ophthalmic surgery is increasing in eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataract, and refractive disorders. This is anticipated to propel the adoption of ophthalmic loupes, especially in developing countries. According to the World Health Organization, around 1 billion individuals globally had vision disorder in October 2020. This was attributed to unaddressed cataracts (66.2 million), glaucoma, and refractive errors (7.1 million and 124.6 million).
- Companies focus on the production of sophisticated ophthalmic loupes, which will help minimize tension on the neck of the surgeon and optimize magnification. These involve the use of high-quality lenses that are free from color and optical distortion, providing higher resolutions.
- Some of restraints of the market are tedious designs, minimal features, and high cost. The frames are designed to provide ophthalmologists with greater stability and adaptability. However, due to the high weight, some of the frames can lack this property, rendering the loupes awkward for prolonged wear. Frames with greater stability, balance, and comfort are costly. Hence, the adoption of ophthalmic loupes is likely to be decline.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Ophthalmic Loupes Market
- North America dominated the global ophthalmic loupes market, accounting for the largest share in terms of revenue in 2019. This is attributed to the presence of a large number of market players in the region. Most of the players such as Ocutech, Inc., SHEERVISION, and SurgiTel are based in the U.S. and develop advanced ophthalmic loupes. Additionally, these players have support projects to raise awareness about the significance of loupes, their maintenance, and their services.
- Europe was the second largest market for ophthalmic loupes in 2019. Several players such as Keeler, ZEISS, Rudolf Riester GmbH, and Univet S.r.l. are present in the region. These players produce advanced frames and loupes of various magnification styles, such as prismatic type and Galilean type, to provide users with comfort and better vision. Additionally, rise in prevalence of eye disorders is expected to boost market growth in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Ophthalmic Loupes Market
Due to diverse product range, industry players hold a substantial share of the market. For the advancement of new technology, industry leaders are engaged in intensive R&D. Advanced ophthalmic loupes with greater magnification are often provided by these players to provide a better visual experience. Major players operating in the global ophthalmic loupes market are:
- Rudolf Riester GmbH
- Neitz Instruments Co., Ltd.
- Univet S.r.l.
- Designs for Vision, Inc.
- Ocutech, Inc.
- Other Prominent Players
Global Ophthalmic Loupes Market: Research Scope
Global Ophthalmic Loupes Market, by Loupe Type
- Galilean Type
- Prismatic Type
- Plate Loupe Type
Global Ophthalmic Loupes Market, by Loupe Design
- Flip Up
Global Ophthalmic Loupes Market, by End-use
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.