Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market
Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market (Type: Herpes Simplex Virus, Vaccinia Virus, Adenovirus, Reovirus, Others; Route of Administration: Intratumoral and Intravenous; and Application: Melanoma, Non-small Cell Lung Cancer [NSCLC], Pancreatic Cancer, Breast Cancer, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Spearheads Developments in Modern Oncology
Due to advancements in medical science and technology, at present, immunotherapy is at the helm of modern oncology care due to which, the deployment of oncolytic virus immunotherapy has witnessed consistent growth. A spectrum of immunotherapies that primarily target three major layers of tumor biology, including immune system, niche, and tumor has gained considerable traction due to promising end-results. Oncolytic virus immunotherapy is an emerging primary as well as salvage therapy around the world and as per current observations, the trend is likely to continue during the forecast period.
Over the past couple of decades, the development of anti-cancer treatment therapies has largely been focused on delivering customized therapy to cellular targets. The promising outcomes during the early stage clinical trials with oncolytic virus immunotherapy are another factor expected to play an imperative role in boosting the overall growth of the oncolytic virus immunotherapy market in the upcoming decade. Research and development activities, increasing collaborations between research institutes and medical colleges, and rising number of cancer patients around the world are some of the primary factors that are expected to drive the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market during the assessment period.
At the back of these factors, the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market is expected to cross a market value of ~US$ 2.3 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market
FDA Approval Key to Boost Market Growth
While research and development activities are likely to shift gears during the course of the forecast period, approval from the FDA for various oncolytic virus immunotherapies is projected to drive the oncolytic virus immunotherapy market. In the current scenario, a number of oncolytic viruses are in the pre-clinical and the clinical development stage. In addition, current findings of research indicate that the therapeutic potential of oncolyitc viruses extend beyond melanomas. Over the past decade, oncolytic virus immunotherapy has garnered immense popularity as a novel development in the field of cancer therapies and the trend is set to continue during the forecast period. In addition, oncolytic virus immunotherapy address the underlying challenges associated with traditional therapies, including radiotherapy and chemotherapy due to which, the demand for oncolytic virus immunotherapy has increased worldwide. Oncolytic viruses are likely to influence oncologic care as therapeutic adjuvant– another factor that is projected to propel the demand for oncolytic virus immunotherapy during the forecast period. Moreover, oncolytic virus immunotherapies are likely to address the primary issue of acquired and primary immunotherapeutic resistance.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Research and Development Activities Likely to Gain Considerable Traction
The oncolytic virus immunotherapy is anticipated to revolutionize the future of cancer treatment. A number of oncolytic virus immunotherapies are in the development phase and likely to hit the oncolytic virus immunotherapy market over the course of the forecast period. Translational and clinical efforts that leverage the findings of research and development activities to curate effective oncolytic virus immunotherapies for cancer patients have gained worldwide popularity in the past few years– a factor that is expected to propel market growth during the assessment period. A number of oncolytic virus platforms are being evaluated in clinical trials, including Adenovirus, Piconavirus, Maraba virus, Reovirus, and Vaccinia virus, among others. While the evaluation of these oncolytic virus platforms continues, the development of new platforms and approaches continues to take shape and offer promise due to which, the prospects of the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market look bright in the upcoming years. Researchers are also exploring the potential of effective combination immunotherapy by utilizing oncolytic viruses to accurately delivery of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) targets to solid tumor.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market
Demand to Remain Steady amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have insignificant impact on the overall growth prospects of the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market. Research and development activities continue to gain notable traction as researchers continue to explore the possibilities of using oncolytic virus immunotherapy tools to curb the transmission of COVID-19 infection. The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a dire need for the development of an effective vaccine against the novel coronavirus due to which, research activities are on the rise.
The global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market is expected to expand at a staggering CAGR of ~32% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to rising prevalence of cancer worldwide, research and development activities, technological advancements, and increasing collaborations between market players and research institutes. At present, market players should focus on exploring the potential benefits of using oncolytic virus immunotherapy tools to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–20230, promising pipeline is projected to drive the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market
- Oncolytic viruses are a form of immunotherapy, which uses viruses to infect and destroy cancer cells. Oncolytic viruses are genetically modified to target specific types of cancer cells. These replicate within the cancer cell via a tumor-specific promoter element that is incorporated into the viral genome or in deletions in key portions of the viral genome.
Rise in Prevalence of Cancer to Drive Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market
- Change in lifestyle and dietary habits are risk factors for cancer. Moreover, environmental factors such as asbestos fibers, polynuclear hydrocarbons, metal compounds, and plastic chemicals cause cancer. Hence, increase in burden due to abovementioned factors, population growth, and the changing prevalence of certain causes of cancer linked to social and economic development are expected to boost the growth of the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market. According to the World Health Organization, in 2018, an estimated 18.1 million new cases of cancer and 9.6 million deaths were reported across the globe.
Focus on Research & Development Propels Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market
- Rise in prevalence of cancer leads to increase in demand for newer therapeutics. Hence, key players operating in market are engaged in developing new products and focus on research & development to introduce new products with advanced technologies. For instance, Oncolys BioPharma, Inc. announced the phase 1 study for Telomelysin (OBP-301) of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in South Korea and Taiwan in 2020.
- The development of oncolytic viruses as cancer treatment is moving rapidly. A wide array of viruses are being developed for some of the toughest cancers. This is likely to fuel the growth of the global market.
Limitations of Oncolytic Virus Therapy to Hamper Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market
- A number of oncolytic viruses are currently under clinical development. Each oncolytic virus carries the characteristics of the parental wild type virus, not only the advantages, but also the disadvantages. One major concern of oncolytic virus therapy has been that the efficacy may be diminished by the presence of circulating antibodies. Moreover, relative poor intratumoral penetration by the oncolytic viruses, which were modified to have a reduced replicative potential, is one of the major limitations of oncolytic virus. This hampers the growth of market.
Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market based on various attributes and recent developments
- The global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of global as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market include
- Amgen, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc. (Viralytics Limited)
- Shanghai Sunway Biotech Co., Ltd.
- TILT Biotherapeutics
- Oncorus, Inc.
- Replimune Group, Inc.
- Oncolys BioPharma, Inc.
- Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.
- Oncolytics Biotech, Inc.
- SillaJen, Inc.
Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are aimed at addressing unmet needs in the oncolytic virus immunotherapy market, strengthening the product portfolio, and investing in research & development. Listed below are a few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market.
- In July 2020, Oncorus, Inc. announced the clinical trial collaboration agreement with Merck to evaluate the combination of Oncorus’ ONCR-177 with Merck’s anti-PD-1 therapy, KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab)
- Oncolys BioPharma, Inc. received the notice of orphan drug designation of Telomelysin (OBP-301) oncolytic viral immunotherapy for treatment of esophageal cancer from FDA in June 2020
- In June 2019, TILT Biotherapeutics entered into an agreement with Merck KGaA and Pfizer to evaluate its armed oncolytic virus, TILT-123, with avelumab in patients with solid tumors refractory to routine modalities
- In February 2018, Viralytics Limited announced the acquisition agreement with Merck & Co., Inc. This enabled Merck to expand its leading immuno-oncology pipeline.
- The report on the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of oncolytic viruses. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market.
Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market. Key players operating in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market Report
- What is the scope of growth for product companies in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for oncolytic virus immunotherapy?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market?
A unique methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the oncolytic virus immunotherapy market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the oncolytic virus immunotherapy market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue of each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global oncolytic virus immunotherapy more reliably and accurately
Oncolytic Virus Immunotherapy Market – Segmentation
Route of Administration