Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market
Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market (Product - Reagents & Consumables, Equipment, and Synthesized Oligonucleotides (DNA Oligonucleotides and RNA Oligonucleotides); Application - Research (Polymerase Chain Reaction and Next Generation Sequencing), Therapeutics (Antisense Oligonucleotides, and Nucleic Acid Aptamers), and Diagnostics; End User - Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies, Research Institutes, and Diagnostic Laboratories) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global oligonucleotide synthesis market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, Increasing use of synthesized oligonucleotides in diagnostics and research applications, and Technological advancements in synthetic chemistry are projected to drive the global oligonucleotide synthesis market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global oligonucleotide synthesis market was valued at US$ 1,966.2 Mn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 9.5% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market
Technological advancements in synthetic chemistry to Drive Global Oligonucleotide Synthesis: Key Drivers
- The advances in the technological development of organic molecules are expected to drive the growth of the oligonucleotide synthesis market
- The advanced synthesis of oligonucleotides provides longer oligos with better sequence fidelity and higher purity that can be used in a number of molecular biology applications
- Various pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are continuously working on developing newer and advanced methods in synthetic chemistry
- For instance, Integrated DNA Technologies, leader of synthesized oligonucleotides has developed various pioneered methods to synthesize oligonucleotides of extreme lengths. The company has developed oligonucleotides up to 200 base length which is used with mass spectrometry for the manufacture of mini-genes.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Increasing use of Synthesized Oligonucleotides in Diagnostics and Research Applications Boost Market Growth
- Oligonucleotides have a wide range of applications in areas such as molecular biology, biotechnology, and diagnosis
- Natural oligonucleotides have been extensively used for the selection and determination of DNA sequences (hybridization probes or affinity purification), gene construction, and site-directed mutagenesis
- They constitute the basic reagents for PCR technologies. They are also used to selectively inhibit gene expression in in vitro studies for diagnostic purpose and more recently, their ability to interact with proteins has generated immense opportunity for therapeutic use.
- Along with diagnostics, they are widely used in research studies. Combinatorial technology is another research area where oligonucleotides and their analogs are extensively employed.
Limitations in the Synthesis of Oligonucleotides to Hamper Market
- An oligonucleotide is a single-stranded chain consisting of a number of nucleoside units linked together by phosphodiester bridges
- Mostly in oligonucleotide synthesis, phosphodiesters are formed between a 3’-hydroxyl group bearing a phosphate derivative and a 5’-hydroxyl group of another nucleoside
- The occurrence of side reactions sets practical limits for the length of synthetic DNA oligonucleotides (up to about 200 nucleotide residues) because the number of errors accumulates with the length of the oligonucleotide being synthesized
- To synthesize RNA with longer nucleotides base, that is more than 50 nucleotides is very complex and difficult to prepare
- But, most biologically important RNA molecules such as ribozymes, aptamers, and riboswitches are significantly longer than 50 nucleotides, so new approaches for the synthesis of RNA analogs are urgently required
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global oligonucleotide synthesis market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global oligonucleotide synthesis market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market are
- GE Healthcare
- Thermo Fischer Scientific
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
- Kaneka Eurogentec S.A
- Gene Design, Inc.
- Eurofins Genomics
- ATDBio, Ltd..
Global Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global oligonucleotide synthesis market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global oligonucleotide synthesis market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global oligonucleotide Synthesis market are:
- In May 2017, GE Healthcare announced the launch of its Superdex 30 Increase, a new generation column resin for small-scale preparative purification and analysis, adding another product to the already existing wide portfolio of Superdex Increase family of SEC columns.
The report on the global oligonucleotide synthesis market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of oligonucleotide synthesis. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global oligonucleotide synthesis market.
TMR’s report on the global oligonucleotide synthesis market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global oligonucleotide synthesis market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global oligonucleotide synthesis market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market. Key players operating in the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global oligonucleotide synthesis market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global oligonucleotide synthesis market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global oligonucleotide synthesis market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for oligonucleotide synthesis providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global oligonucleotide synthesis market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global oligonucleotide synthesis market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the Oligonucleotide Synthesis market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the Oligonucleotide Synthesis market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global oligonucleotide synthesis market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Oligonucleotide Synthesis market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market – Segmentation
Product Product Type