Ocular Hypertension Treatment: Introduction
- Ocular hypertension is caused by poor drainage of the fluid inside the eye. Essentially, this means that too much fluid enters the eye without being drained, causing high amount of pressure to build up.
- An injury to the eye, certain diseases, and some medications could raise eye pressure
Key Drivers of Global Ocular Hypertension Treatment Market
- Increase in incidence of ophthalmic diseases and constant rise in the geriatric population that is highly susceptible to eye disorders drive the global ocular hypertension treatment market
- Eye-related disorders have emerged as potential threats to the populations in all middle-income and industrialized countries. Leading causes of vision impairment include uncorrected refractive errors, cataract, age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, corneal opacity, and trachoma. Among these, cataract and uncorrected refractive errors are the most frequent and leading causes of blindness across the world.
- According to the World Health Organization, an estimated 1.3 billion people were living with some form of vision impairment globally in 2018. According to CDC report, nearly 20.5 million (17.2%) people in the U.S. aged 40 years and above have cataract in one or both eyes, and 6.1 million (5.1%) have had their lens removed operatively. The total number of people who have cataract is projected to increase to 30.1 million by 2020.
- Rise in awareness among people and increase in government initiatives for vision care management are anticipated to drive the global ocular hypertension treatment market
Intraocular Hypertension Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type, the global ocular hypertension treatment market can be bifurcated into intraocular hypertension and glaucoma
- The intraocular hypertension segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to high prevalence of intraocular hypertension
Oral Segment to Lead Global Market
- Based on route of administration, the global ocular hypertension treatment market can be classified into oral, parenteral, and others
- The oral segment is likely to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to safety, good patient compliance, ease of ingestion, and no pain
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global ocular hypertension treatment market can be categorized into hospitals, specialty clinics, and others
- The hospitals segment is projected to account for major share of the global ocular hypertension treatment market by 2030 due to a large number of patients treated in hospitals for ocular hypertension treatment
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Ocular Hypertension Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global ocular hypertension treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global ocular hypertension treatment market in 2019. Availability of patient assistance programs and increase in research & development activities for the development of novel therapies are anticipated to drive the ocular hypertension treatment market in North America.
Key Players Operating in Global Ocular Hypertension Treatment Market
The global ocular hypertension treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global ocular hypertension treatment market are:
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Allergan plc
- Angelini Group
- Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical Corp.
- Laboratorios SALVAT SA
- Laboratorios Sophia SA de CV
- Lee's Pharmaceutical Holdings Ltd.
- Neurim Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- NicOx SA
- Novartis AG
Global Ocular Hypertension Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Ocular Hypertension Treatment Market, by Type
- Intraocular Hypertension
Global Ocular Hypertension Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Ocular Hypertension Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Ocular Hypertension Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.