Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market: Introduction
Novel drug delivery includes formulations, technologies, methods, and systems to transfer an active pharmaceutical ingredient in the body, as desired, in order to safely accomplish its therapeutic effect. Increase in demand for targeted and low dosing frequency drug delivery system is likely to boost the market at a rapid pace.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market
- Several advancements have been witnessed in the field of novel drug delivery systems, such as nanoparticle technology, prodrug formulation, liposomes & hydrogels, particle engineering & particulate systems, and three-dimensional printing (3DP) for the delivery of drugs for sustained and controlled release. Three-dimensional printing is a unique prototyping drug delivery technology. This technology has several advantages over other conventional technologies. 3DP can effectively overcome issues related to drug delivery of less water soluble potent drug, peptides, multi-drugs, etc. 3DP can produce solid dosage forms with multiple drugs & excipients, complex internal geometries, variable diffusivities, and densities.
- Prevalence of several acute and chronic diseases has been increasing for the last 50 years, thereby boosting demand for drug development. According to Rand Corporation study, around 60% of the people in the U.S. have single chronic condition, while around 42% have multiple chronic conditions. According to WHO report, globally, over 70 million individuals have been infected with HIV, and around 35 million people died of HIV globally. Around 36.7 million people were living with HIV/AIDS in 2016. Around 1 million people died of HIV related illness in 2016.
- The cost of treatment of several diseases is significantly high, which makes treatment unaffordable for low-income groups. Additionally, lack of reimbursement in certain countries render treatment unreachable to several target groups. For instance, the cost of Spinraza, marketed by Biogen and used for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, is around US$ 750,000 per patient in the first year and US$ 375,000 annually thereafter. Moreover, rare diseases are life-threatening and do not have a permanent cure. Hence, the cost of treatment throughout life renders the treatment unaffordable, leading to a decline in the number of patients who avail treatment.
Electroporation-based needle free injection systems segment dominated global novel vaccine delivery devices market
- Based on type of device, the global immune health supplements market can be divided into electroporation-based needle free injection systems, oral delivery systems, nasal delivery systems, jet injectors, microneedle patches, and microinjectors
- The electroporation-based needle free injection systems segment accounted for a significant share of the market in 2019. Larger investment has been made in the development of this technology, with several devices already available in the market post FDA clearance. Several variants of this technology that are being marketed include Bioject ZetaJetTM, Vitajet 3, and Tev-Tropin.
Intramuscular segment witnessing significant expansion
- Based on route of administration, the global novel vaccine delivery devices market can be segregated into oral, intramuscular, intranasal, intradermal and subcutaneous
- The intramuscular segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019; however, the liquid segment is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period. Advantages offered by the intramuscular route, in terms of vaccine delivery and technological advancements, is a major factors driving the segment. In February 2020, Seqirus received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for AUDENZ (Influenza A (H5N1) Monovalent Vaccine, Adjuvanted) to help protect individuals six months of age and older against influenza A (H5N1). It is an adjuvanted monovalent vaccine that is an injectable emulsion for intramuscular use.
Hospitals segment to dominate global novel vaccine delivery devices market
- Based on end-user, the global novel vaccine delivery devices market can be split into hospitals, clinics & vaccination centers, and others
- The hospitals segment accounted for a major share of the market, in terms of revenue, in 2019. It is expected to maintain its position during the forecast period. However, the clinics & vaccination centers segment is projected to expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period due to focused services offered at these centers. Clinics & vaccination centers are uniquely positioned to increase immunization rates in the U.S. In a 2009 survey, only 20% to 30% of internists and family physicians stocked all vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with nearly 80% not planning to increase their offerings and 2% planning to stop carrying them altogether. Most hospitals administer vaccinations during traditional clinic hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday); however, clinics & vaccination centers often offer expanded hours that allow patients to receive vaccinations at more convenient times.
North America to dominate global novel vaccine delivery devices market
- In terms of region, the global novel vaccine delivery devices market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the novel vaccine delivery devices market. Increase in prevalence of several chronic diseases and disorders, such as polio, measles, and influenza, drives the demand for vaccine delivery systems in the region. In the U.S., CDC estimates that from October 1, 2019, through April 4, 2020, around 39,000,000 to 56,000,000 flu illnesses were recorded, in which 24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths occurred.
- The novel vaccine delivery system market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to be driven by countries such as India and China. Additionally, adoption of regulations for drug delivery systems and suitable reimbursement scenario are key factors driving the market in Asia Pacific. Increase in incidence of several acute and chronic diseases in Asia Pacific drives the market in the region. India has high incidence of infectious diseases such as tuberculosis. According to WHO report (2015), India had 2.8 million tuberculosis patients, which was nearly 27.3% of global TB incidence, followed by Indonesia (9.8%), and China (8.8%). Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) is a vaccine for tuberculosis (TB) disease.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global novel vaccine delivery devices market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Corium Inc.
- INOVIO Pharmaceuticals
- Enesi Pharma
- Ichor Medical Systems
- Debiotech S.A.
- ICONOVO AB
Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market: Research Scope
Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market, by Type of Device
- Electroporation-Based Needle Free Injection Systems
- Oral Delivery Systems
- Nasal Delivery Systems
- Jet Injectors
- Microneedle Patches
Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market, by Route of Administration
Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market, by End-user
- Clinics & Vaccination Centers
Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.