Neodymium [Nd-Fe-B] Magnet Market
Neodymium [Nd-Fe-B] Magnet Market (Type: Sintered NIB Magnets and Bonded NIB Magnets; and Application: Automotive, Aerospace, Medical Devices, Electronics, Power Generation, and Others) - North America Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Endless Uses in Multiple Industries Assure Demand for Neodymium Magnet
A neodymium magnet is the most extensively used rare-earth magnet. They provide exceptional levels of magnetism and resistance to demagnetization when compared to other magnets. The neodymium magnet has fastened its status as the most popular magnet in countless applications. Various industries, including medical science, renewable energy, automobiles, and technology have been significantly relying on super-strength neodymium magnets. Moreover, many individuals across the globe have been using this magnet for arts and crafts. The super-strength of neodymium magnets allows them to perform incredibly and can resist demagnetization. The growing demand for neodymium magnets for use in a myriad of applications is revolutionizing energy storage and power generation. This is anticipated to drive the North America neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market.
The neodymium magnet can be produced in many shapes and sizes, even as small as 1mm diameter, making it useful in a variety of applications. Neodymium magnets belong to the rare-earth family of elements; they are found in abundance in the earth’s crust. However, rare-earth elements are typically dispersed and not often found concentrated in economically exploitable deposits. The multiple applications in endless industries have benefited the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America, which is expected to cross US$ 5 Bn by 2031, at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Restrictions on Production Activities Hampers Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) Magnet Market Growth
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted almost every industry in North America. Governments in several nations implemented strict regulations against trade, supply chain, logistics, and limited manufacturing. The growing spread of coronavirus has created functional challenges for manufacturers of neodymium magnets operating in countries such as the U.S. Businesses are either shut or allowed to work with limited capacity following the COVID-19 guidelines. The pandemic led to widespread concern and financial hardship for individuals, businesses, and communities across the globe. Moreover, the disruption in the supply chain has resulted in the postponement of production and distribution of neodymium magnets. Furthermore, there was a huge decline in the demand for neodymium magnets from various end users, including automotive, electronics, energy, aerospace, and others, thus affecting the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America.
Before the pandemic, the neodymium magnet was blooming with the demand with a regular and steady supply of raw materials. However, the worldwide disrupted trade and supply chain is expected to lead to a slowdown in the production of raw materials, and an increase in production and distribution costs post COVID-19 pandemic. The current neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market witnessed an impact on production and demand, a very limited supply chain, and increased prices for almost everything. However, manufacturers in North America are keeping the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market running even with limited workforce and resources.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Neodymium Magnet Extends Application in Medical Technology
The neodymium magnet is mined in various countries, including the U.S., Brazil, India, and China. The applications of these magnets extend to the oil industry by grease filter producers to more effectively filter out the iron powder in oil. Furthermore, they are useful in covering machines, cars with awning, and in the creation of magnetic tool belts. They are also widely used in jewelry clips, identification badges, and in the production of baby strollers that are attached to carriers via magnets.
The healthcare sector is another field where neodymium magnets are utilized in medical devices. Magnetic resonance imaging devices use these magnets to diagnose and treat chronic pain syndrome, arthritis, wound healing, insomnia, headache, and several other diseases due to their capacity to produce a static magnetic field. The medical industry has increased the usage consistently for almost 30 years. The neodymium magnets are also popularly referred to as magic magnets for their curing effect. These factors are driving the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Neodymium [Nd-Fe-B] Magnet Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
The neodymium magnet has witness demand amid the COVID-19 pandemic from the medical equipment industry. However, there was a heavy decline in the demand from other end users. The use of neodymium magnets in multiple industries is expected to generate new opportunities, once the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market restores from the ongoing crisis. The health and medical sector is gradually increasing the demand for neodymium magnets due to their variety of uses in medical devices as well as treatments. The increasing investment from governments of the U.S. and Canada for the rise in production of neodymium magnets is expected to aid North America neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market.
North America Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) Magnet Market: Overview
- Neodymium magnet, also known as super magnet, is the most powerful category of permanent magnets. Neodymium is a rare earth metal. When combined with iron and boron, it forms the strongest permanent magnet currently available in the world. Neodymium magnets can be produced in various shapes such as discs, blocks, cubes, rings, rods, and spheres.
- Neodymium iron boron (Nd-Fe-B), magnets offer the highest energy product of any material used currently and are available in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and grades. Neo magnets can be used in diverse applications, including high performance motors, brushless DC motors, magnetic separation, magnetic resonance imaging, sensors, switches, and loudspeakers. Key benefits of neodymium magnets are very high strength; relatively low cost: and relatively easy to machine vis-à-vis alnico and samarium cobalt magnets.
- The automotive industry is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market during the forecast period. Increase in usage of neodymium magnets in the automotive industry in North America can be primarily ascribed to the rise in demand for neodymium magnets in electric steering, electric throttle actuation, electric braking, auto-clutch, and gearbox actuation applications in the region.
Key Growth Drivers of North America Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) Magnet Market
- Neodymium magnets play an important role in medical devices. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) instruments is the third-largest segment of the global permanent magnet market. Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) is used in medical equipment. Of all the medical equipment in the radiology department, nuclear magnetic resonance is the safest. Thus, neodymium magnets play a vital role in MRI and NMR applications in the medical field.
- The healthcare sector is another potential application field where neodymium magnets are incorporated in medical devices. For instance, neodymium magnets are used in magnetic resonance imaging devices to diagnose and treat chronic pain syndrome, arthritis, wounds, insomnia, headache, and several other diseases due to their ability to generate a static magnetic field. Usage of neodymium magnets has been rising in the healthcare sector since the past decade. Neodymium magnets are considered to have curing effect and are therefore, sometimes called magic magnets in the medical industry.
Key Challenges of North America Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) Magnet Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of neodymium magnet is estimated to hamper the neodymium magnet market in North America in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of neodymium magnets. Companies find it difficult to comply with these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market, thereby restraining the market in North America.
- Increasingly stringent regulations are expected to pose a challenge to the producers of neodymium magnets over the next few years. Furthermore, easy availability of favorable substitutes is anticipated to hinder the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America during the forecast period. Rise in regulations at the global level and growth in shift toward environment and sustainability trends throughout the value chain are adversely affecting the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market.
Lucrative Opportunities for Players in North America Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) Magnet Market
- Rapid expansion of the automotive sector is projected to create lucrative opportunities for the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America. Automotive is a major application segment of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America. The automotive sector in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace over the next few years, owing to the rise in popularity of electric vehicles. Electric motors that have permanent magnets, such as neodymium magnets, tend to provide better induction; save energy; are light in weight; and generate more power. For instance, Nissan LEAF uses permanent magnets to produce energy savings of 20%. Increase in government initiatives and regulations regarding the adoption and production of electric vehicles is expected to augment the demand for neodymium magnets in the near future.
- Companies operating in the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America need to focus on product improvements in order to create new interest in existing products. This can help draw customers and improve the perception of the quality of products.
Leading Players in North America Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) Magnet Market
- Key players such as
- Urban Mining
- Lynas Corporation
- MP Materials Inc.
- USA Rare Earth
- Texas Mineral Resources Corp.
- Jingci Material Science Co. Ltd
- Beijing Zhong Ke San Huan Hi-Tech Co., Ltd
- Yantai Zhenghai Magnetic Materials Co., Ltd.
- Advanced Technology & Materials Co., Ltd (AT&M)
- Zhejiang Innuovo Magnetics Co., Ltd.
- Earth-Panda Advance Magnetic Material Co., Ltd.
- are focusing on expanding their global footprint through strategic capital allocation and increase in production capacity
- Players operating in the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, strategic collaborations, expansion, and joint ventures to expand their product portfolio and business operations
North America Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) Magnet Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America. The study also identifies growth avenues for stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of various industries with respect to the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight growth prospects of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on North America Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) Magnet Market
The report provides detailed information about the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America that would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which type segment is expected to generate maximum revenue in the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America during forecast period?
- Which application segment of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America between 2021 and 2031?
- What are winning imperatives of frontrunners in the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America?
Research Methodology – North America Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) Magnet Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America.
North America Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) Magnet Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America in terms of type, application, and country. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments and explains how they are influencing the growth of the neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnet market in North America.