Non-invasive Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Device Market: Introduction
- Intracranial pressure (ICP) monitoring is vital for several neurosurgical and neurological patients. The gold standard for monitoring ICP, however, is via an invasive procedure, leading to the position of an intraventricular catheter, which is associated with numerous risks.
- Several noninvasive ICP monitoring techniques are examined with the hope to switch the invasive techniques
- Neurological devices are of two types, invasive and non-invasive. Invasive devices are inserted inside the brain, while non-invasive devices operate externally.
- Invasive devices such as intracranial pressure monitors are usually utilized in severe cases. Non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices are medical devices that monitor pressure and electrical & neural activity inside the brain.
- In case of any brain complications or injury, such as trauma, epilepsy, or perhaps cerebral death, these devices assist in analyzing the speed of blood flow in veins & arteries in the brain. Non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices monitor the brain, without being invasive, as well as provide accurate results quickly & safely.
- These devices are considered as an advantage to neurologists worldwide. For this market, the key demographic comprises individuals over 60 years old. This portion of the population is at a higher risk for TBIs and their co-morbidities. Rise in the geriatric population is driving the market.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Non-invasive Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Device Market
- Increasing incidences of TBIs (Traumatic Brain Injuries) and rising preference for non-invasive or minimally invasive medical devices are certain key factors that are driving the global non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices market
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) is less traumatic and painful for patients and poses fewer complications, which enables quicker healing
- Technological advancements in life science and growing awareness about neurological disorders are other factors boosting the market
- Additionally, lower costs as compared to invasive procedures, no requirement of operation, and tiny size of devices are driving the non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices market
- However, stringent government regulations in some countries and lack of experienced medical professionals are restraining the non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices market
- COVID-19 has become a threat to the whole world’s economy and has negatively impacted all types of markets, including the non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices market. Lower income and broken supply chains are anticipated to hamper the market. Furthermore, high cost of such devices is also a key factor restraining the market.
North America to Dominate Global Non-invasive Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Device Market
- North America dominates the global market for non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices owing to the high incidence of brain disorders, technological advancements, and increase in inclination toward minimally invasive procedures
- According to an article published on the American Association of Neurological Surgeons in 2019, an estimated 1.7 to 3.8 million traumatic brain injuries are observed every year in the U.S.
- Advantages of minimally-invasive surgeries, such as less invasiveness, quick recovery time of patients, and the low cost of treatment have further augmented the demand for minimally-invasive neurosurgery in the region and subsequently, propelled the market
- Based on product, the monitoring devices segment dominated the market and held a notable share of the market in 2019. This is due to a rise in the demand for such devices, globally, owing to new healthcare settings.
- However, the consumables segment is projected to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period due to the repeated purchase of consumables and their maintenance activities
Key Players of Non-invasive Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Device Market
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Advanced Brain Monitoring, Inc
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- CAS Medical Systems, Inc.
- Compumedics Ltd.,
- Medtronic Plc.
Non-invasive Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Device Market, Research Scope
Non-invasive Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Device Market, by Product
- Monitoring devices
- MRI scanners
- PET scanners
- CT scanners
- Magnetoelectroencephalography (MEG)
- Intracranial pressure monitoring
- Other devices
- Fiber optic cables
Non-invasive Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Device Market, by Application
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Non-invasive Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Device Market, by End user
- Neurological centers
- Academic & Research centers
- Ambulatory surgical settings
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.