Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market: Introduction
- Diabetes is a chronic disease that affects more than 8.5% of the global population. Monitoring the blood glucose levels (BGLs) on a regular basis is necessary to manage diabetes progression. Non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices use painless procedure for continuous tracking of a patient’s glucose level. Increase in demand for smart diabetes management devices due to the technologically advanced features is anticipated to drive the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market
- Diabetes has evolved as one of the principal health care epidemics of the modern era. Prevalence of diabetes is rising due to change in lifestyle, environmental factors, and genetic mutation. Moreover, obesity is a key risk factor for diabetes. According to the American Diabetes Association, an estimated 30.3 million people in the U.S. had diabetes in 2015; among these 1.25 million were children. According to the British Diabetic Association operating as Diabetes UK, 3.8 million people were diagnosed with diabetes in the U.K. in 2019. According to Diabetes U.K., 382 million adults across the globe aged between 20 and 79 had diabetes in 2012. This number is expected to reach 592 million by 2035. An estimated 175 million people are undiagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Prevalence of diabetes is variable and is expected to increase in the near future.
- Continuous advancement in technologies also boosts market growth. Researchers are focusing on electromagnetism (EM) as a leading technology to achieve non-invasive and continuous glucose monitoring. Launch of new products also fuels the growth of the global market. In January 2020, Integrity Applications, Inc. received CE Mark approval for a major enhancement to GlucoTrack, allowing users to perform the calibration process by themselves, without the need of a certified calibrator.
- Non-invasive glucose monitoring devices are based on various technologies, which detect characterization of the biological properties of the skin or biological fluids. The accuracy offered by these types of product is not close to that of minimally invasive CGM devices under uncontrolled conditions. This factor is likely to hamper the growth of the global market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Spectroscopy to Dominate Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market
- In terms of technology, the global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market can be divided into spectroscopy, microwave/RF sensing, electromagnetic, thermal, ultrasonic and others
- Spectroscopy technology-based devices dominated the global market in terms of revenue in 2019. The technology is based on the direct effect of glucose on the scattering properties of the organ. Diabetes and its complications impose significant economic consequences on individuals, families, health systems, and countries. This non-invasive process is fast, painless, and cost-effective. OrSense's NBM device is based on occlusion spectroscopy, which is a proprietary technology aimed toward assuring accurate, convenient, and affordable glucose monitoring.
Wearable to Lead Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market
- Based on modality, the global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market can be bifurcated into wearable and non-wearable/table-top
- The wearable segment dominated the global market in terms of revenue in 2019. Requirement of painless, needle-free, and continuous glucose monitoring sensors to enhance the quality of life of diabetic patients is a major factor driving the segment. AerBetic manufactures a non-invasive wearable diabetes monitor that continuously provides blood sugar levels. It also comes with an application that allows a user to set up alerts in order to communicate to a network of health care providers.
Home Care Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end user, the global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market can be categorized into hospitals, home care, and clinics
- The home care segment held the largest share of the global market in 2019. Advancements in mobile health & connected devices, remote patient monitoring, and telehealth augment the self/home health care management of diabetes. Additionally, preference for treatment of diabetes at home is likely to propel the segment. Inclination toward self-management devices is a key factor projected to drive the segment.
North America to Dominate Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market in 2019, followed by Europe. High prevalence of diseases and well-established health care infrastructure that enables proper diagnosis are attributed to the region’s large market share. According to the American Diabetes Association, in 2018, 34.2 million people in the U.S., or 10.5% of the population, had diabetes. Moreover, 1.6 million people have type 1 diabetes, including about 187,000 children and adolescents.
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period primarily due to rise in prevalence of diabetes and increase in awareness about diagnosis & treatment. Majority of countries in Asia Pacific are economically developing and a number of players are making significant investments in the region. These factors boost the growth of the market in Asia Pacific. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), prevalence of diabetes has increased in developing countries due to rapid and ongoing socioeconomic transition and it is likely to rise further.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- DiaMonTech GmbH
- Nemaura Medical, Inc.
- Integrity Applications, Inc.
- CNOGA Medical Ltd.
- Breath Health, Inc.
- Metamaterial Technologies, Inc.
- Opticology, Inc.
- NovioSense BV
- Quick LLC
- RSP Systems A/S
Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, by Technology
- Microwave/RF sensing
Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, by Modality
Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, by End-user
- Home Care
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.