Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market: Introduction
- Diabetes is a chronic disease that affects more than 8.5% of the global population. Monitoring the blood glucose levels (BGLs) on a regular basis is necessary to manage diabetes progression. Non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices use painless procedure for continuous tracking of a patient’s glucose level. Increase in demand for smart diabetes management devices due to the technologically advanced features is anticipated to drive the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market
- Diabetes has evolved as one of the principal health care epidemics of the modern era. Prevalence of diabetes is rising due to change in lifestyle, environmental factors, and genetic mutation. Moreover, obesity is a key risk factor for diabetes. According to the American Diabetes Association, an estimated 30.3 million people in the U.S. had diabetes in 2015; among these 1.25 million were children. According to the British Diabetic Association operating as Diabetes UK, 3.8 million people were diagnosed with diabetes in the U.K. in 2019. According to Diabetes U.K., 382 million adults across the globe aged between 20 and 79 had diabetes in 2012. This number is expected to reach 592 million by 2035. An estimated 175 million people are undiagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Prevalence of diabetes is variable and is expected to increase in the near future.
- Continuous advancement in technologies also boosts market growth. Researchers are focusing on electromagnetism (EM) as a leading technology to achieve non-invasive and continuous glucose monitoring. Launch of new products also fuels the growth of the global market. In January 2020, Integrity Applications, Inc. received CE Mark approval for a major enhancement to GlucoTrack, allowing users to perform the calibration process by themselves, without the need of a certified calibrator.
- Non-invasive glucose monitoring devices are based on various technologies, which detect characterization of the biological properties of the skin or biological fluids. The accuracy offered by these types of product is not close to that of minimally invasive CGM devices under uncontrolled conditions. This factor is likely to hamper the growth of the global market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Spectroscopy to Dominate Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market
- In terms of technology, the global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market can be divided into spectroscopy, microwave/RF sensing, electromagnetic, thermal, ultrasonic and others
- Spectroscopy technology-based devices dominated the global market in terms of revenue in 2019. The technology is based on the direct effect of glucose on the scattering properties of the organ. Diabetes and its complications impose significant economic consequences on individuals, families, health systems, and countries. This non-invasive process is fast, painless, and cost-effective. OrSense's NBM device is based on occlusion spectroscopy, which is a proprietary technology aimed toward assuring accurate, convenient, and affordable glucose monitoring.
Wearable to Lead Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market
- Based on modality, the global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market can be bifurcated into wearable and non-wearable/table-top
- The wearable segment dominated the global market in terms of revenue in 2019. Requirement of painless, needle-free, and continuous glucose monitoring sensors to enhance the quality of life of diabetic patients is a major factor driving the segment. AerBetic manufactures a non-invasive wearable diabetes monitor that continuously provides blood sugar levels. It also comes with an application that allows a user to set up alerts in order to communicate to a network of health care providers.
Home Care Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end user, the global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market can be categorized into hospitals, home care, and clinics
- The home care segment held the largest share of the global market in 2019. Advancements in mobile health & connected devices, remote patient monitoring, and telehealth augment the self/home health care management of diabetes. Additionally, preference for treatment of diabetes at home is likely to propel the segment. Inclination toward self-management devices is a key factor projected to drive the segment.
North America to Dominate Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market in 2019, followed by Europe. High prevalence of diseases and well-established health care infrastructure that enables proper diagnosis are attributed to the region’s large market share. According to the American Diabetes Association, in 2018, 34.2 million people in the U.S., or 10.5% of the population, had diabetes. Moreover, 1.6 million people have type 1 diabetes, including about 187,000 children and adolescents.
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period primarily due to rise in prevalence of diabetes and increase in awareness about diagnosis & treatment. Majority of countries in Asia Pacific are economically developing and a number of players are making significant investments in the region. These factors boost the growth of the market in Asia Pacific. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), prevalence of diabetes has increased in developing countries due to rapid and ongoing socioeconomic transition and it is likely to rise further.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- DiaMonTech GmbH
- Nemaura Medical, Inc.
- Integrity Applications, Inc.
- CNOGA Medical Ltd.
- Breath Health, Inc.
- Metamaterial Technologies, Inc.
- Opticology, Inc.
- NovioSense BV
- Quick LLC
- RSP Systems A/S
Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, by Technology
- Microwave/RF sensing
Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, by Modality
Global Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, by End-user
- Home Care
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.