Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market: Introduction
- Pain management is an important component of the medical care. Common types of chronic pain conditions are migraine, lower back pain, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, localized musculoskeletal pain, and localized neuropathic pain. While opioids may be appropriate for addressing acute or chronic pain relating to palliative or end-of-life care, and active cancer treatment, other non-opioid pain management options are available to treat chronic pain.
- Evidences show that non-opioid medications and non-pharmacologic interventions can be effective in treating common types of chronic pain and are considered safer than opioids
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market
- The global non-opioid pain treatment market is driven by increasing easy and effective medications of non-opioids drugs for pain treatment, and also their less side-effects and low cost for some treatments
- Opioids have several disadvantages, such as risk of nausea and vomiting, somnolence, androgen deficiency, respiratory depression, constipation, physical dependence, and tolerance. Opioid medications also carry a risk of abuse or addiction by either the patient or non-medical users. For these reasons, consideration of non-opioid strategies for pain management is beneficial. This is fueling the growth of the global non-opoid pain treatment market.
- Better healthcare facilities and availability of sophisticated and novel treatment options, and increasing research and developmental activities related to non-opoid treatment for pain relief are the major factors propelling the growth of the non-opoid pain treatment market
- Increasing geriatric population and rising prevalence of diseases, such as arthritis, cancer, epilepsy, dental disorders, etc., leading to chronic pain conditions, such as, migraine, lower back pain, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, localized musculoskeletal pain, and localized neuropathic pain, are fueling the growth of the global non-opioid pain treatment market
- Preference for alternative therapies and fake products, however, are anticipated to restrain the growth of the global non-opioid pain treatment market
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market Brochure
Strategies Adopted by Key Players to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Companies operating in the global non-opioid pain treatment market focus on addressing the needs of the medical communities and patient population by developing effective and novel products. Leading players are engaging in strategies, such as acquisitions, mergers, and collaborations, along with research and developmental activities to strengthen their position in the global market.
- In June 2019, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals and Allergan initiated patient dosing in Phase II Clinical Trial of MD-7246 in patients with abdominal pain associated with IBS-D
- In January 2018, Centrexion Therapeutics raised US$ 67 million and launched Phase 3 program for CNTX-4975 in knee osteoarthritis pain. CNTX-4975, a synthetic, ultra-pure injection of trans-capsaicin for the treatment of chronic pain due to knee osteoarthritis. CNTX-4975 is a highly differentiated, novel, non-opioid therapy designed to be injected directly into the painful joint.
- In June 2018, Sandoz Canada announced that it had finalized its collaboration agreement with Tilray, a Health Canada licensed producer of medical cannabis, allowing Sandoz Canada to become the first Canadian pharmaceutical company to enter the medical cannabis field
- Emerging economies present lucrative opportunities in the non-opioid pain treatment market due to increase in patient population and rise in initiatives by governments in the health care sector
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market
- North America is projected to capture leading share of the global non-opioid pain treatment market due to health awareness, rise in patient population, a well-established health care infrastructure, increasing research and developmental activities, and presence of key players in the region
- The non-opioid pain treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in patient population, increase in initiatives by governments in the health care sector, surge in incidences of diseases, such as arthritis, cancer, dental disorders, etc., increase in geriatric population, and rise in interest of key players in expanding into the region
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market
Leading players in the global non-opioid pain treatment market are focusing on research and development activities. Companies are adopting various growth strategies, including mergers, acquisitions, product upgrades, product launches & approvals, partnerships, and collaborations. Leading players operating in the global non-opioid pain treatment market are:
- Aphria Inc.
- Cara Therapeutics
- Centrexion Therapeutics
- Medical Marijuana, Inc.
- Medropharm GmbH
- Panag Pharma Inc.
Global Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market, by Product
- Medical Cannabis
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid-Containing
- Botulinum Toxins
Global Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market, by Therpaeutic Application
- Orthopaedic & Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Post-operative Pain
Global Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Mail Order Pharmacies
Global Non-opioid Pain Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.