- Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus. It is a metabolic disorder that causes high blood sugar. The hormone insulin hormone regulates the blood sugar. Insulin moves sugar from the blood into the cells to be used as energy or for storage.
- There are different types of diabetes such as type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, prediabetes, and gestational diabetes
- Common symptoms of diabetes include weight loss, increased thirst and hunger, extreme fatigue, blurry vision, frequent urination, and sores that do not heal
- Prevalence of diabetes is increasing rapidly across the globe. People with diabetes can live healthier, longer, and fuller life by carefully regulating the blood glucose level. However, blood glucose monitoring with invasive devices is both expensive and painful.
- Non-invasive blood glucose monitoring does not require blood samples for monitoring the glucose level. It can be carried out by puncturing the skin without drawing the blood, or causing pain or trauma. Innovative technologies with an invisible infrared light beam looks into the skin and measures the blood glucose level.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers of Global Non-invasive Glucose Monitoring Devices Market
- The global non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market is primarily driven by increase in prevalence of diabetes across the globe. According to the International Diabetes Federation, in 2017, about 425 million adults aged between 20 years and 79 years were living with diabetes across the globe. The number is expected to rise to 629 million by 2050. Hence, increase in the number of patients with diabetes is a key driver of the global non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market.
- Technological advancements in glucose monitoring devices are anticipated to contribute to the growth of the global non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market
- In May 2019, a non-invasive continuous glucose monitor, SugarBeat, received the CE mark approval.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Wearable Devices Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on product, the global non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market can be divided into wearable devices and non-wearable devices. Wearable devices is anticipated to be the leading segment during the forecast period.
- Increase in prevalence of diabetes and technological advancements are expected to drive the segment during the forecast period
Optical Segment Accounted for Major Share of Global Market
- In terms of technology, the global non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market can be classified into transdermal, optical, enzymatic, and others. The optical segment expected held a major share of the global non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market in 2018.
- Most of the products being launched in the market are equipped with the optical technology, as it is an effective technology for continuous and real-time non-invasive glucose monitoring. Therefore, the optical segment is projected to dominate the global non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market.
Asia Pacific Non-invasive Glucose Monitoring Devices Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence of diabetes and its awareness and easy availability of technologically advanced products are projected to drive the non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market in North America during the forecast period
- The non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to high prevalence of diabetes in densely populated countries such as India, China, and Hong Kong, and rapidly improving health care infrastructure of developing countries.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market is highly fragmented with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global non-invasive glucose monitoring devices market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Cnoga Medical Ltd.
- Evia Medical Technologies
- Helo Corp.
- Integrity Applications
- Nemaura Medical
- RISE Life Science Corp.
- Taiwan Biophotonic Co.
- Pendragon Medical
Global Non-invasive Glucose Monitoring Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Non-invasive Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, by Product
- Wearable Devices
- Non-wearable Devices
Global Non-invasive Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, by Technology
Global Non-invasive Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Non-invasive Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.