Nivolumab Drugs Market: Introduction
- Nivolumab is a targeted therapy drug and the generic name of Opdivo. Currently, nivolumab has received approval for various indications such as unresectable or metastatic melanoma, metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), advanced renal cell cancer, classical Hodgkin’s lymphoma (cHL), and recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma.
- It is administered intravenously every two weeks. The amount of nivolumab administered depends on various factors such as type of condition and general health of the patient.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Nivolumab Drugs Market
- Higher incidence of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is expected to drive the nivolumab drugs market during the forecast period. According to the American Cancer Society’s estimates, approximately 235,760 new cases were diagnosed and 131,880 person died from lung cancer in 2020, in the U.S. In general, about 84% lung cancer cases are non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Approval of nivolumab for newer indications is also anticipated to further boost the market during the forecast period. For instance, on January 22, 2021, USFDA approved a combination of cabozantinib and nivolumab for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Nivolumab Drugs Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global nivolumab drugs market due to higher incidence of advanced renal cell carcinoma, classical Hodgkin’s lymphoma (cHL), and recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma in the region. Moreover, high disposable income and increasing healthcare expenditure are anticipated to drive the market in the region.
- The nivolumab drugs market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in the prevalence of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Nivolumab Drugs Market
Nivolumab is a patented drug under the brand Opdivo
Major players operating in the global nivolumab drugs market are listed below:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Global Nivolumab Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Nivolumab Drugs Market, by Strength
- 40 mg/4 mL
- 100 mg/10 mL
- 240 mg/24 mL
Global Nivolumab Drugs Market, by Indication
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC)
- Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma (cHL)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck (SCCHN)
Global Nivolumab Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Nivolumab Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!