NGS Sample Preparation Market
NGS Sample Preparation Market (Product Type: Instruments and Kits, Reagents, and Consumables; Application: Drug & Biomarker Discovery, Diagnostics, Precision Medicine, and Others; and End User: Hospitals & Clinical Diagnostic Centers, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies, Academic & Research Institutes, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Companies Identify Viral Mutations of COVID-19
Sequencing-based surveillance is emerging as an effective way to identify new coronavirus strains and other unknown pathogens. As such, the introduction of COVID-19 vaccines by India has lowered the pressure on companies in the global NGS sample preparation market to detect mutations in the strain. Moreover, companies such as the U.S. biotechnology company Illumina continue to provide public health officials and researchers with valuable insight on tracking the transmission routes of the virus globally.
Companies in the NGS sample preparation market are increasing efforts to identify viral mutations that may affect vaccine potency. They are boosting R&D to create screen targets that hold promising potentials in COVID-19 therapeutics. Companies are identifying and characterizing antimicrobial resistance alleles and respiratory co-infections.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the NGS Sample Preparation Market
Collaboration with Academic Groups Helps Advance in Technological Innovations
Next generation sequencing (NGS) is undergoing a significant change by evolving from a technology used for research purposes to the one that is applied in clinical diagnostics. However, companies are faced with drawbacks in library preparation and different automation strategies. It has been found that pipetting workstations facilitate high throughput processing, but offer limited flexibility during procedures. This has led to the emergence of microfluidic solutions that offer great potential due to miniaturization and decreased investment costs.
Microfluidic systems are being used for automation. However, microfluidic systems are relatively new and only a handful of them are being commercialized. Hence, companies in the NGS sample preparation market are partnering with academic groups to advance in the field of microfluidic systems and pipetting workstations to assess its implementation in library preparation protocols.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Robotic Instruments Offer Cost Efficiency, Fast Outcomes
Automation in the NGS sample preparation market has led to stakeholders making use of robotic instruments to decrease cost and increase output in lab settings. Biocompare - a provider of life sciences products and new technologies, is keen on adding robotic instruments in their sequencing procedures to enable cost efficient automation of processes.
The NGS sample preparation market is expected to cross the revenue of US$ 4.1 Bn by 2030, as automation is gauging strong business grounds in reagent handling, right from isolation to library prep.
NGS Helps Track Plant Diseases, Suggests Ways to Eliminate Them
Apart from medical services, companies in the NGS sample preparation market are tapping into incremental opportunities in the fields of agriculture and animal research to broaden their revenue streams. This is evident since the market is predicted to expand at an astonishing CAGR of ~16% during the assessment period.
NGS is revolutionizing agricultural productivity, and helping to evaluate its role in human health, gut, air, water, and soil microbiomes. Companies in the NGS sample preparation market are increasing their research in the discovery of new disease genes in animals pertaining to multigenic disorders. NGS is also helping to track the source of plant diseases and is suggesting ways to eliminate them.
Viral Partial Genomic Sequencing Fights Foodborne Viral Infections
The NGS-based metagenomic screening has sparked advancements in the field of veterinary medicines. However, there is a lack of protocols tailored to veterinary requirements, which is affecting the growth of the NGS sample preparation market. Hence, companies are developing NGS-based protocols that can be used in veterinary virology. Thus, companies are gaining a strong research ground in porcine samples that are spiked with different DNA and RNA viruses.
On the other hand, foodborne viral infections are emerging as a leading cause for increased morbidity and mortality worldwide. Hence, companies in the NGS sample preparation market are increasing their focus in viral partial genomic sequencing in order to track foodborne outbreaks. NGS is being used for the detection and characterization of the viral density in food.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on NGS Sample Preparation Market
Apart from human health, companies in the NGS sample preparation market are gaining a strong research base in identifying how coronavirus strains have the potential to affect animal health. NGS is helping to track the source of plant diseases to avoid food wastage on the global level. However, viral partial genomic sequencing also provides a comprehensive description of the RNA and DNA virome, which causes foodborne viral infections. However, research in this field is found to be limited to electron microscopy, which lacks the sensitivity required for meaningful food testing. Hence, companies should combine the use of microfluidic devices with multiplexed polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to allow detection of different RNA foodborne viruses.
NGS Sample Preparation Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global NGS sample preparation market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–2030, rapid expansion of the life sciences industry is projected to drive the global NGS sample preparation market
- NGS sample preparation enables the extraction of genetic information from samples at lower cost, with more reliability and at a faster pace than ever before. The steps included in the NGS are extraction of DNA, amplify, prepare library, purification or selection, and quality control.
Increase in Number of Patients with COVID-19 to Drive NGS Sample Preparation Market
- The common tests for COVID-19 detection include taking a swab from a patient’s throat and nose, and checking it for genetic impression of the virus. This, in turn, is expected to boost the NGS sample preparation market. Additionally, a rise in inclination toward personalized medicines is attributed to the efficiency and target-specific nature of medicines with better patient outcomes, which further drives the global NGS sample preparation market.
Rapid Growth of Life Sciences Industry Propels NGS Sample Preparation Market
- Life sciences is a rapidly expanding industry, comprising a mix of technology and life science. Current technical and scientific advantages drive the global NGS sample preparation market due to the introduction of advanced innovations and expansion of developing markets. Additionally, development in the life sciences industry with streamlined workflow to improve efficiency and quality is likely to fuel the global NGS sample preparation market.
- NGS sample preparation tool manufacturers and service providing companies are collaborating for the development of innovative and more precise diagnostic tools. Genetic testing is being used extensively in pre-diagnosis of various chronic and genetic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and certain neural disorders. Demand for quality healthcare and preventive diagnostics is likely to rise, which is anticipated to augment the use of NGS technique, thereby propelling the NGS sample preparation market.
Stringent Regulatory Requirement to Hamper NGS Sample Preparation Market
- FDA approval for molecular diagnostic tests and devices usually takes more time and is expensive. Arguably, delays in introduction of new treatments create a huge hurdle for potentially promising tests to enter the market. Comparable guidelines are noted in the European Union (EU), Japan, and China. This, in turn, hampers the NGS sample preparation market.
NGS Sample Preparation Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global NGS sample preparation market based on various attributes and recent developments
- The global NGS sample preparation market is highly fragmented, with the presence of numerous global as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global NGS sample preparation market include
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Agilent Technologies
- Promega Corporation
- Illumina, Inc.
- Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
- New England Biolabs
- Tecan Trading AG.
NGS Sample Preparation Market: Key Developments
- Key players operating in the global NGS sample preparation market engage in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are aimed at addressing unmet needs in the NGS sample preparation market, strengthening product portfolio, and investing in research & development. Listed below are few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global NGS sample preparation market:
- In December 2020, New England Biolabs launched the NEBNext Custom RNA depletion design tool and RNA depletion core reagent set for customizable RNA depletion
- In June 2020, 10x Genomics, Inc. and Merck entered into a collaboration to provide impactful linking of two innovative technologies: single cell transcriptomics and pooled CRISPR screening and researchers with more detailed information to better understand the relationship between specific genes and disease
- The report on the global NGS sample preparation market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of NGS sample preparation. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global NGS sample preparation market.
NGS Sample Preparation Market - Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global NGS sample preparation market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global NGS sample preparation market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2018 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global NGS sample preparation market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global NGS sample preparation market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global NGS sample preparation market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global NGS sample preparation market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global NGS sample preparation market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global NGS sample preparation market. Key players operating in the global NGS sample preparation market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global NGS sample preparation market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global NGS Sample Preparation Market Report
- What is the scope of growth for product companies in the global NGS sample preparation market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global NGS sample preparation market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global NGS sample preparation market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for tissue processing systems providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the global NGS sample preparation market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global NGS sample preparation market?
A unique methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global NGS sample preparation market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global NGS sample preparation market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the tissue processing systems market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the tissue processing systems market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global NGS sample preparation market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue of each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global tissue processing systems more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Global NGS Sample Preparation Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
Global Tissue Processing Systems Market - Segmentation