NGS-based RNA-seq Market: Introduction
- Introduction of next-generation sequencing technology has increased demand for NGS-based RNA-seq across the globe. NGS-based RNA-seq is largely used in both conventional and non-conventional applications to get advanced and comprehensive insights at a genomic level. Rise in need of advanced sequencing-based diagnostics has created a demand for new seq-technologies. Therefore, demand for devices such as high-throughput sequencers and portable units has increased substantially. The demand for NGS-based RNA-seq is rising due to various factors including technological advancements in RNA-seq products, benefits of RNA-seq compared to microarray technology, rapid growth in research activities, increase in grants for RNA-seq, and significant demand for precision medicine.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global NGS-based RNA-seq Market
- Adoption of next generation sequencing has increased in the past few years due to decline in cost. For example, the first human genome sequencing cost around US$ 3 Bn in 2001 and it took around 15 years for completion. Presently, the cost of the same is around US$ 1,000 and the process requires less number of days. The cost of sequencing was around US$ 3 Bn, which dropped to US$ 10 million in 2006. Technological developments reduced the cost to US$ 5,000 in 2016. Market players such as Illumina, Inc. and Roche have introduced breakthrough sequencing technologies that have led to cost and time reduction. Moreover, the number of service providers has increased and these are delivering next generation sequencing at lower cost.
- Advancements in the field of molecular biology has enhanced the sequencing procedures. Most of the industry players have come up with innovative NGS technology in the past few years such as Sequel (Pacific Biosciences) and PromethION (Oxford Nanopore). Additionally, three advanced NSG systems that lead the market are Roche GS FLX (454), Illumina HiSeq 2000 (Solexa), and AB SOLiD (Agencourt).
North America to Capture Major Share of Global NGS-based RNA-seq Market
In terms of region, the global NGS-based RNA-seq market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to lead the global market due to the presence of key players and well-established informatics network. Additionally, supportive regulatory policies related to usage and approval of genetic tests and rise in the number of FDA approved genomic tests in the U.S. drives the market in North America.
Asia Pacific is anticipated to present significant opportunities in the NGS-based RNA-seq market in the next few years. Rise in government initiatives to offer better public health facilities and significant investment in advanced diagnostic approaches are the key factors fueling the demand for NGS-based RNA-seq in the region. Moreover, key players are enthusiastic about investing in emerging economies in Asia Pacific, as they can secure a better position in the market and expand business.
Key Players Operating in Global NGS-based RNA-seq Market
Leading players in the global NGS-based RNA-seq market have collaborations with several platform manufacturers. The objective is to receive license to use NGS at their centers. Moreover, these players focus on innovation, launch of new products, and research & development. Competition among the key players in the global market is likely to increase in the next few years in order to have a stronger hold in the market. Major players operating in the global NGS-based RNA-seq market are:
- Illumina, Inc.
- Roche Holding AG
- QIAGEN N. V.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Ltd.
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Macrogen, Inc.
- GATC Beq market
- Eurofins Scientific
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Takara Bio Inc.
- GENEWIZ, Inc.
- Hamilton Company
- Zymo Research
- Tecan Genomics, Inc.
Global NGS-based RNA-seq Market: Research Scope
Global NGS-based RNA-seq Market, by Product
- Sequencing Platforms & Consumables
- Sample Preparation Products
- Sequencing Services
- Data Analysis, Storage, and Management
Global NGS-based RNA-seq Market, by Technology
- Ion Semiconductor Sequencing
- Sequencing by Synthesis
- Single-molecule Real-time Sequencing
- Nanopore Sequencing
Global NGS-based RNA-seq Market, by Application
- Small RNA Sequencing
- Expression Profiling Analysis
- Variant Calling & Transcriptome Epigenetics
- De Novo Transcriptome Assembly
Global NGS-based RNA-seq Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Research & Academia
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Global NGS-based RNA-seq Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.