Next-generation Immune Repertoire Sequencing Market: Introduction
- Profiling of T- and B-cell receptor repertoires in an individual has led to a vast repository of information on acquired immunity against various microorganisms. Next-generation immune repertoire sequencing has allowed researchers to make sophisticated immuno-bioinformatics analyses. It has generated interest among the research community and biopharmaceutical industries in the clinical development of antibody engineering, vaccine design, and cellular immunotherapy. Rise in applications of nutritional and intestinal immunology drives the rapid evolution of next-generation immune repertoire sequencing. The innovative technology has provided unprecedented insights into host-microbiome immune homeostasis, and along with single-cell transcriptomics presents significant opportunities in the life sciences industries across the world.
- Immune repertoire sequencing is utilized in biomarker discovery to enhance the success rate and cost-effectiveness of rational drug development. For instance, in November 2017, the Center for Commercialization of Cancer Immunotherapy (C3i) started offering T cell receptor-beta sequencing services in its Biomarker and Diagnostic unit in Canada. Rise in demand for personalized medicine is anticipated to support the immune repertoire sequencing market growth, as personalized medicine uses an individual’s genetic profile to guide decisions made with regard to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Next-generation Immune Repertoire Sequencing Market
- Rise in need of expanding the understanding of key processes in systems immunology is a key factor driving the demand for next-generation immune repertoire sequencing. Increase in applications of TCR repertoire sequencing in clinical settings is one of the key aspects in improving immune repertoire sequencing. Over the past several years, this has generated a groundswell of interest in this high-throughput sequencing in realms of nutritional and intestinal immunology. Its potential application in gaining insight into lymphocyte diversity has gained some traction, catalyzing the market’s growth. For example, next-generation immune repertoire sequencing has potential in detecting minimal residual disease in lymphoid malignancies post treatment. This helps in evaluating the effectiveness of vaccination.
- Furthermore, increase in the role of next-generation immune repertoire sequencing for personalized immune modulation is a key trend in the global next-generation immune repertoire sequencing market. Rise in need of better anti-cancer treatment will galvanize research into immune therapy and vaccine development with the help of next-generation immune repertoire sequencing. New avenues in intestinal immunology will pave the way for new, exciting products in the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Next-Generation Immune Repertoire Sequencing Market
Developed regions such as North America and Europe are expected to make significant progress and likely to account for substantial share of the global next-generation immune repertoire sequencing market in terms of revenue. The market in North America is driven by growing traction that immunotherapy has gained in the treatment of cancer and infectious diseases. Developments in Europe are expected to be driven by sizeable funding in biomedical research and rise in research in genomic and autoimmune disease.
North America is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to the presence of key industry players in the region (including Thermo Fisher Scientific, Illumina Inc., Pacific Biosciences, and CD Genomics). These players are increasingly focusing on development of novel technologies for immune repertoire sequencing. For example, in 2017, 10x Genomics Inc., a U.S.-based company, added B-Cell and 5’Unbiased Enrichment Kit to its chromium immune repertoire profiling solution or immune repertoire sequencing.
The market in Europe is likely to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years. The market in the region is anticipated to gain momentum during the forecast period, due to increase in funding by the government bodies to assist international innovative projects and marketable innovative products, processes, and services, in order to cater to unmet medical needs. In July 2018, Eurostars (a joint program between EUREKA and the European Commission) granted US$ 495,000 to OSE Immunotherapeutic SA’s project titled: ‘Treatment Response Monitoring for Cancer Immunotherapies utilizing Immune Repertoire Analysis’.
Key Players Operating in Global Next-generation Immune Repertoire Sequencing Market
The presence of several prominent players in developed regions has raised the intensity of competition in the global market in the past few years. These players make significant investments in research & development of immuno-bioinformatics analyses using next-generation immune repertoire sequencing.
Major players operating in the global next-generation immune repertoire sequencing market are:
- Adaptive Biotechnologies
- Atreca, Inc.
- CD Genomics
- Pacific Biosciences
- Juno Therapeutics
- Roche Holding AG
- ArcherDX, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Abvitro (Now Juno Therapeutics)
- Agilent Technologies
- Irepertoire, Inc.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Ltd.
- Qiagen N.V.
- Takara Bio, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
Global Next-Generation Immune Repertoire Sequencing Market: Research Scope
Global Next-Generation Immune Repertoire Sequencing Market, by Product
- Assays, Kits, and Reagents
- TCR Kits
- Human TCR Kits
- Mouse TCR Kits
- BCR Kits
- Human BCR Kits
- Mouse BCR Kits
- TCR Kits
- Analytical Software
- TCR Analysis Solutions
- BCR Analysis Solutions
- TCR & BCR Analysis Solutions
- Pre-Sequencing Services
- Sequencing Services
- Data Analysis Services
Global Next-generation Immune Repertoire Sequencing Market, by Application
- Biomarker Discovery
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Cancer Immunotherapy
- Infectious Disease Research
- Asthma and Allergy Research
- Vaccine Development
- Immunodeficiency Identification
Global Next-generation Immune Repertoire Sequencing Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Labs
- Pharmaceutical & Biotech Companies
- Research Institutes
Global Next-generation Immune Repertoire Sequencing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.