Next Generation Antibody Therapeutics Market: Overview
As the name suggests, next-generation antibody therapeutics is characteristic of advanced antibody therapeutics. This is because of their enhanced efficacy, greater safety, and targeted treatment properties. Currently, most of the next-generation antibody therapeutics are restricted to clinical environments due to lack of approval from the FDA and other regulatory bodies. However in a time span of five years most of these next generation antibody therapeutics are likely to receive required approval. This can be attributed to the ongoing research and advancements in monoclonal antibody technologies. It is expected to offer a significant boost to the next-generation antibody therapeutics market by the end of the forecast period
Next Generation Antibody Therapeutics Market: Notable Developments
Some of the recent developments that may favor next generation antibody therapeutics market are:
- Zumutor Biologics have developed Afucosylated AntiHer2 Antibody. The company belives that its offers 15 folds improvement in antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity as compared to trastuzumab drug. In addition to this, the company has also developed unique antibody display libraries for discovery and development of new antibody drug molecules.
- Seattle Genetics, started a clinical trial of brentuximab vedotin, a next generation antibody therapeutics. This could help in the efficient treatment of systemic lupus erythematous. At present there is not reliable treatment for the disease.
- Netherlands Synthon is investigating SYD985, a next generation antibody drug. The company believes that this drug will facilitate treatment options for breast cancer and can including triple negative breast cancer.
Some of the prominent players in Pfizer, Roche, Bristol-Myers, Squibb, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Biogen, Seattle Genetics and ImmunoGen
Next Generation Antibody Therapeutics Market: Key Trend
The global next generation antibody therapeutics market is likely to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. This is mainly because of efficacy of next-generation antibody therapeutics for chronic diseases such as cancer and autoimmune diseases. In general, antibody therapeutics have been undergoing consistent scientific advancements to boost their efficacy.
The use of advanced technology in antibody therapeutics, such as antibody-drug conjugate (ADC), glycoengineered antibody, and specific antibodies (BsAbs) has resulted in the development of next generation antibody therapeutics. The growing prevalence of chronic diseases and rare disorders are expected to offer lucrative avenue for the growth of the next generation antibody therapeutics market.
However, limited awareness and high cost of the treatment using next generation antibody therapeutics is expected to impede growth of the next generation antibody therapeutics market. The next generation antibody therapeutics market is in its initial phase. Currently, only a handful of next-generation antibody therapeutics are used in clinics and hospital environments. The success outcomes of these drugs is expected to offer a significant boost to this market.
Next Generation Antibody Therapeutics Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, North America is expected to dominate the next generation antibody therapeutics market in the forecast period. This is due to high investment on research and development of the next generation antibody drugs by governments in the region. Moreover, surge in the geriatric population in the region is another factor likely to boost the market in the region. Apart from this, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases in the region is expected to fuel the next-generation antibody therapeutics market in North America.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.