Neurovascular Occlusion Devices Market: Overview
- Neurovascular disease affects blood vessels in the brain, leading to various neurological conditions such as strokes and aneurysms. Venous sinus occlusive disease, a vascular abnormality, is caused due to various hypercoagulable states such as birth control pills, paraneoplastic syndromes, genetic variations, and smoking. Slow flow in the veins may lead to formation of clot, affecting the normal functioning of the brain. This may result in edema, stroke, or hemorrhage.
- These condition can be treated through a surgical procedure. A sheath is placed in the femoral artery of the patient and an angiogram is performed to determine the blood flow in the brain (from arteries to veins). The clot is then identified. Another sheath is then placed in the vein and catheter is inserted near the clot. A microcatheter is then passed through the clot, which is later removed, leaving the veins with normal blood flow.
- The global neurovascular occlusion devices market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the increase in prevalence of neurological disorders, presence key players in the market, and development of new devices by market players
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Drivers of Global Neurovascular Occlusion Devices Market
- The global neurovascular occlusion devices market is expected to be driven by various factors such as technological advancements, increase in demand for neurological devices for management of various neurological disorders, and rise in number of players focusing on development of new neurovascular occlusion devices
- Prevalence of various neurovascular diseases such as aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, cavernous malformations, and stroke has been increasing since the last few years. According to UCLA Health, deaths due to neurovascular diseases increased by 18% worldwide in 2017.
- Growth in the neurovascular occlusion devices market can also be ascribed to the increase in research and development efforts by market players and promising products in pipeline. Flex Embolization Device by Medtronic is currently under development. The device is expected to be used for endovascular treatment of adults with large or giant wide-necked intracranial aneurysms (IAs) in the internal carotid artery.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Neurovascular Occlusion Devices Market
- North America is expected to account for the prominent share of the global neurovascular occlusion devices market during the forecast period. Growth of the neurovascular occlusion devices market in the region can be ascribed to an increase in investment in the medical device industry, availability of specialty care centers such as neurology hospitals and research centers, and growth in demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures to treat life threatening neurological disorders.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), neurovascular disease is the second leading cause of death in the U.S. According to UCLA Health, the number of deaths due to neurological disorders increased by 50.5% in the U.S. from 3,26,000 to 4,90,00 per year.
- Advancements in neurovascular disease therapies and increase in awareness about contribution of neurovascular to number of diseases such as dementia are projected to drive the neurovascular occlusion devices market
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key Players in Global Market
Major players operating in the global neurovascular occlusion devices market are:
- MicroVention Inc. (Terumo Europe NV)
- MEDIKIT Co., Ltd.
- Anaconda Biomed SL
- Penumbra, Inc.
- Terumo Medical Corporation
Global Neurovascular Occlusion Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Neurovascular Occlusion Devices Market, by Treatment
- Embolization Coils
Global Neurovascular Occlusion Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Neurovascular Occlusion Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.