Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market: Introduction
- Neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD) is an inflammatory disorder of central nervous system which was previously known as Devic disease or neuromyelitis optica (NMO). It is a rare debilitating and lifelong disease characterized by inflammation in spinal cord and optic nerve.
- People with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder experience symptoms such as paralysis, muscle weakness, and blindness. Neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder is most common in non-Caucasian women
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market
- Rise in incidence of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder is likely propel the neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market. For instance, according to an article published in Neurology, in Denmark, the incidence of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder was 0.070 per 100,000 person-years and the prevalence was 1.09 per 100,000 in 2015.
- Moreover, increase in research & development by key players is anticipated to drive the market. Several players are investing in development of products for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder. Thus, key players have a strong pipeline.
- In December 2019, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd announced the pivotal phase III study of the investigational medicine satralizumab for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder
- In 2019, inebilizumab (Anti-CD19 mAb) completed phase III clinical trial for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder. It is offered by Viela Bio.
- Satralizumab offered by Genentech is in phase III clinical trial. It is an investigational humanized monoclonal antibody that targets IL-6 receptor. It is being evaluated for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD).
- Furthermore, introduction of new products by key players is anticipated to drive the neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market. For instance, in June 2019, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received approval for Soliris injection for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder in adult patients.
- Emergence of new therapies for acute phase or prevention of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder creates lucrative opportunity for the market. Emerging therapies for acute phase and prevention are Bevacizumab (anti-VEGF mAb) and Alpha1-antitrypsin; and Eculizumab (anti-C5 mAb) and Rituximab (anti-CD20 mAb), respectively.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market due to new product launch and approval. For instance, in October 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration accepted Genentech’s Biologics License Application (BLA) for satralizumab for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder in adults and adolescents. In December 2018, Chugai’s anti-interleukin-6 (IL-6) receptor humanized recycling antibody satralizumab granted the Breakthrough Therapy Designation from U.S. Food and Drug Administration. It is an investigational medicine for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders and neuromyelitis optica.
- The neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in prevalence of NMOSD. For instance, according to a study published in Neurology, in 2016, the prevalence of NMOSD was 4.1 per 100,000 in northern Japan and it was higher in females than males.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market
The global neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions.
Demand for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder treatment products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets, thus, the key players are engaged developing new products and investing in research & development. In August 2019, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received approval from European Commission for SOLIRIS (Eculizumab) for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.
Major players operating in the global neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market are:
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Viela Bio
- Genentech, Inc.
Global Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market: Research Scope
Global Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market, by Therapy
- Drug Therapy
- Plasma Exchange
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.