Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market: Introduction
- Neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD) is an inflammatory disorder of central nervous system which was previously known as Devic disease or neuromyelitis optica (NMO). It is a rare debilitating and lifelong disease characterized by inflammation in spinal cord and optic nerve.
- People with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder experience symptoms such as paralysis, muscle weakness, and blindness. Neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder is most common in non-Caucasian women
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market
- Rise in incidence of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder is likely propel the neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market. For instance, according to an article published in Neurology, in Denmark, the incidence of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder was 0.070 per 100,000 person-years and the prevalence was 1.09 per 100,000 in 2015.
- Moreover, increase in research & development by key players is anticipated to drive the market. Several players are investing in development of products for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder. Thus, key players have a strong pipeline.
- In December 2019, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd announced the pivotal phase III study of the investigational medicine satralizumab for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder
- In 2019, inebilizumab (Anti-CD19 mAb) completed phase III clinical trial for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder. It is offered by Viela Bio.
- Satralizumab offered by Genentech is in phase III clinical trial. It is an investigational humanized monoclonal antibody that targets IL-6 receptor. It is being evaluated for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD).
- Furthermore, introduction of new products by key players is anticipated to drive the neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market. For instance, in June 2019, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received approval for Soliris injection for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder in adult patients.
- Emergence of new therapies for acute phase or prevention of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder creates lucrative opportunity for the market. Emerging therapies for acute phase and prevention are Bevacizumab (anti-VEGF mAb) and Alpha1-antitrypsin; and Eculizumab (anti-C5 mAb) and Rituximab (anti-CD20 mAb), respectively.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market due to new product launch and approval. For instance, in October 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration accepted Genentech’s Biologics License Application (BLA) for satralizumab for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder in adults and adolescents. In December 2018, Chugai’s anti-interleukin-6 (IL-6) receptor humanized recycling antibody satralizumab granted the Breakthrough Therapy Designation from U.S. Food and Drug Administration. It is an investigational medicine for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders and neuromyelitis optica.
- The neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in prevalence of NMOSD. For instance, according to a study published in Neurology, in 2016, the prevalence of NMOSD was 4.1 per 100,000 in northern Japan and it was higher in females than males.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market
The global neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions.
Demand for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder treatment products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets, thus, the key players are engaged developing new products and investing in research & development. In August 2019, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received approval from European Commission for SOLIRIS (Eculizumab) for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.
Major players operating in the global neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder market are:
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Viela Bio
- Genentech, Inc.
Global Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market: Research Scope
Global Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder Market, by Therapy
- Drug Therapy
- Plasma Exchange
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.