Nephrostomy Devices Market: Overview
- Ureters are long and narrow tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder. Ureters become obstructed due to various conditions such as tumors, blood clots, kidney stones, and infection resulting into blockage of urine flow. Thus, ureteral stents and nephrostomy devices are used in order to restore urine flow through blocked ureters, which enables the kidney to function normally.
- Placement of thin, flexible stent in the ureter is done under the image-guidance by the physicians. Percutaneous nephrostomy is performed in case of failure of placement of ureteral stent, in order to restore the flow of urine. This increases the demand for nephrostomy devices which are extensively used for the treatment of hydronephrosis.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Pressure Nephrostomy Devices Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Nephrostomy Devices Market
- Rise in prevalence of urologic diseases globally and increase in percutaneous nephrostomy procedures are expected to drive the global nephrostomy devices market during the forecast period
- Increase in prevalence of urologic diseases such as urinary retention, kidney stones, bladder obstruction, hydronephrosis, prostate cancer, and bladder cancer across the globe is a major factor driving the global nephrostomy devices market
- According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), 12% of the world population is affected by kidney stones globally. Additionally, 1 in 11 people in the U.S. are affected by kidney stone each year.
- Increase in popularity of percutaneous nephrostomy worldwide is expected to fuel the demand for nephrostomy devices in the next few years
- Minimal blood loss, smaller incisions, reduced hospitalization duration, and speedy recovery are benefits offered by percutaneous nephrostomy over conventional open surgeries. All these factors are anticipated to boost the demand for nephrostomy devices in the near future.
North America to Dominate Global Nephrostomy Devices Market
- North America is projected to account for dominant share of the global market between 2019 and 2027. This can be attributed to rise in prevalence of urinary retention and kidney stones, rapid adoption of technologically advanced devices, and increase in percutaneous nephrostomy procedures in the U.S.
- For instance, 600,000 individuals in the U.S. suffer from urinary stones every year. In addition, according to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the overall incidence of urinary retention is 4.5 to 6.8 per 1,000 men, per year, in the U.S.
- Incidence of urinary retention increases with age, which, in turn, is expected to fuel the demand for urinary catheters and nephrostomy devices in the near future
- The nephrostomy devices market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace, owing to increase in prevalence of kidney stones and rise in baby boomer population in emerging countries such as India and China
- For instance, it is estimated that approximately 5 to 7 million people in the region are affected by nephrolithiasis each year. This is anticipated to drive the adoption of nephrostomy devices in the next few years.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Nephrostomy Devices Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global nephrostomy devices market are:
- Cardinal Health
- Cook Medical
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Olympus Corp.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Coloplast Group
- Uresil LLC
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market, by Product Type
- Drainage Tubes
- Sheath Dilators
- Nephrostomy Catheters
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.