Nephrostomy Devices Market: Overview
- Ureters are long and narrow tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder. Ureters become obstructed due to various conditions such as tumors, blood clots, kidney stones, and infection resulting into blockage of urine flow. Thus, ureteral stents and nephrostomy devices are used in order to restore urine flow through blocked ureters, which enables the kidney to function normally.
- Placement of thin, flexible stent in the ureter is done under the image-guidance by the physicians. Percutaneous nephrostomy is performed in case of failure of placement of ureteral stent, in order to restore the flow of urine. This increases the demand for nephrostomy devices which are extensively used for the treatment of hydronephrosis.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Pressure Nephrostomy Devices Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Nephrostomy Devices Market
- Rise in prevalence of urologic diseases globally and increase in percutaneous nephrostomy procedures are expected to drive the global nephrostomy devices market during the forecast period
- Increase in prevalence of urologic diseases such as urinary retention, kidney stones, bladder obstruction, hydronephrosis, prostate cancer, and bladder cancer across the globe is a major factor driving the global nephrostomy devices market
- According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), 12% of the world population is affected by kidney stones globally. Additionally, 1 in 11 people in the U.S. are affected by kidney stone each year.
- Increase in popularity of percutaneous nephrostomy worldwide is expected to fuel the demand for nephrostomy devices in the next few years
- Minimal blood loss, smaller incisions, reduced hospitalization duration, and speedy recovery are benefits offered by percutaneous nephrostomy over conventional open surgeries. All these factors are anticipated to boost the demand for nephrostomy devices in the near future.
North America to Dominate Global Nephrostomy Devices Market
- North America is projected to account for dominant share of the global market between 2019 and 2027. This can be attributed to rise in prevalence of urinary retention and kidney stones, rapid adoption of technologically advanced devices, and increase in percutaneous nephrostomy procedures in the U.S.
- For instance, 600,000 individuals in the U.S. suffer from urinary stones every year. In addition, according to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the overall incidence of urinary retention is 4.5 to 6.8 per 1,000 men, per year, in the U.S.
- Incidence of urinary retention increases with age, which, in turn, is expected to fuel the demand for urinary catheters and nephrostomy devices in the near future
- The nephrostomy devices market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace, owing to increase in prevalence of kidney stones and rise in baby boomer population in emerging countries such as India and China
- For instance, it is estimated that approximately 5 to 7 million people in the region are affected by nephrolithiasis each year. This is anticipated to drive the adoption of nephrostomy devices in the next few years.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Nephrostomy Devices Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global nephrostomy devices market are:
- Cardinal Health
- Cook Medical
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Olympus Corp.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Coloplast Group
- Uresil LLC
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market, by Product Type
- Drainage Tubes
- Sheath Dilators
- Nephrostomy Catheters
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Nephrostomy Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.