Global Neonatal Jaundice Meter Market: Introduction
Neonatal jaundice is the yellowish discoloration of the skin, conjunctiva, and the sclera due to elevated serum or plasma bilirubin in the newborn period. The neonatal jaundice is a non-invasive method to screen babies for jaundice. The product is convenient, effective, and proven, reducing the need for blood sampling and hence, contributing to developmental care practice. Screening using non-invasive measurement can thus offer a simple and convenient way to avoid later complications. Portable transcutaneous jaundice meters offer a quick and easy method for dynamic and ongoing assessment to identify abnormal bilirubin levels. These meters are suitable for use in all clinical settings such as NICU, SCBU, maternity, post-natal, and in the community. The simplicity of operation and speed of obtaining readings with the jaundice meter that Delta Medical supply, makes repeated testing to measure efficacy of treatment possible, with minimal impact on the patient. The jaundice meter can facilitate routine screening and accelerate appropriate care and treatment of newborns who are detected with elevated bilirubin levels.
Key Drivers of Global Neonatal Jaundice Meter Market
Increase in demand for effective diagnosis of neonatal jaundice
According to African Journal of Primary Health Care & Family Medicine, the prevalence of neonatal jaundice was 55.2%, which is in accordance with the literature and guidelines where the prevalence is quoted to be between 50% and 60% for healthy term neonates. Of the babies, 19% qualified for phototherapy and a further 10.4% possibly qualified for phototherapy. Neonatal jaundice is not always harmful and a self-limiting condition; however, very high levels of bilirubin may cause permanent brain damage, a condition called kernicterus. Therefore, it is important to diagnose neonatal jaundice and manage it appropriately.
According to American Academy of Pediatrics, August 2017, BiliCam is a smartphone-based non-invasive medical device, which utilizes on-device camera to monitor yellow discoloration of the skin due to excess deposition of bilirubin. The images of the newborn are collected in a standardized way, directly on the phone. The color (intensity of yellow discoloration) data in the image is used to estimate the bilirubin level.
North America to account for major share of global neonatal jaundice meter market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global neonatal jaundice meter market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to an increase in research & development and various government initiatives for the development of novel ideas. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market during the forecast period.
- The neonatal jaundice meter market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to a rise in investment in research & development by private & government organizations and increase in healthcare management in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Neonatal Jaundice Meter Market
The global neonatal jaundice meter market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global neonatal jaundice meter market include:
- Delta Medical International
- Xuzhou Kejian Hi-tech
- Aegis Medicals
- Natus Medical
- Refine Medical Technology
- Micro Lab
Global Neonatal Jaundice Meter Market: Research Scope
Global Neonatal Jaundice Meter Market, by Product Type
Global Neonatal Jaundice Meter Market, by End-user
Global Neonatal Jaundice Meter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.