Global Needle Holders Market: Introduction
Needle holders are specialized hemostat tools used to hold the needles during surgical operations. Needle holders help in suturing by clamping the needle firmly. Needle holders work on the mechanism of integrated clamps which lock the needle in place as long as required. These instruments should be properly sterilized and cleaned before every surgical procedure. It is important to inspect needle holders after each procedure and before sterilizing them. Needle holders, also known as needle forceps or needle drivers, are used in suturing during a surgical procedure. The handle of the needle holder is similar to that of a scissor. This ensures that the surgeon can easily hold on to the needle while performing delicate surgical procedures.
Key Drivers of Global Needle Holders Market
High Demand for Wound Closure Treatment
Traditional wound care & closure and advanced wound care & closure products are used to treat acute and chronic wounds. Traditional wound care & closure products are being increasingly substituted with advanced wound care & closure products due to their efficacy and effectiveness in managing wounds by enabling faster healing. The congenital soft tissue insufficiency and excessive tension in the repaired cleft greatly increases the difficulty of wound closure. Increasing accident cases, and increase in number of surgeries across the globe drives the demand for wound closure treatment.
Increase in Incidence of Pressure Ulcers
According to NCBI, in nursing home patients, the rate of prevalence of pressure ulcers is around 11% per year and for venous leg ulcer it varies from 0.18% to 1%. Venous leg ulcer is one of the most advanced types of chronic venous disorders and chances of recurrence are more than 70%. According to Advances in Wound Care, the treatment for pressure ulcers is lengthy and causes a significant financial burden on the healthcare system. In the United States, an estimated US $11 billion dollars is spent on pressure ulcers yearly, with US $500 to US $70,000 being spent on a single wound.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Needle Holders Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global needle holders market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in research & development and various government initiatives for the development of novel ideas. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The needle holders market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by private & government organizations and increase in health care management.
Key Players Operating in Global Needle Holders Market
The global needle holders market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of limited number of key players. Leading players operating in the global needle holders market include:
- Sklar surgical instruments
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Medline industries, Inc.
- Nordent manufacturing, Inc.
- SOMATEX Medical Technologies GmbH
- KLS Martin Group
- CareFusion Corporation
- A. Schweickhardt GmbH & Co. KG
- MedGyn Products, Inc.
Global Needle Holders Market: Research Scope
Global Needle Holders Market, by Material
- Stainless Steel
Global Needle Holders Market, by Application
- General & Microsurgical
Global Needle Holders Market, by End-user
- Surgical Centers
Global Needle Holders Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.