Natural Killer (NK) Cell: Introduction
- Natural killer (NK) cells also known as K cells or killer cells. These are a type of white blood cells (lymphocyte) and a component of the innate immune system. Natural killer cells play an important role in the host rejection of virally infected cells and tumors.
- Natural killer cells are cytotoxic. Small granules in natural killer cell cytoplasm contain special proteins, such as proteases and perforin known as granzymes. Once the foreign cell reaches the proximity of the natural killer cell, the natural killer cells attack the foreign cells by releasing protein including perforin that forms stomas in the cell membrane of the target cell through which the associated molecules and granzymes can enter and then induces apoptosis.
- Natural killer cells are activated in response to macrophage-derived cytokines and interferons. Patient deficient in natural killer cells is highly prone to early phases of the herpes virus infection.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapeutics Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapeutics Market
- The global natural killer (NK) cell therapeutics market is primarily driven by increase in usage of natural killer cells for the treatment of liver and infectious diseases across the globe. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in the U.S., in 2016, deaths due to tuberculosis stood at 9,272, salmonella claimed 53,850 lives, Lyme disease caused 36,429 deaths, and 375 people died due to the meningococcal disease. The number of patient visits to physician with parasitic and infectious as the primary diagnosis was reported to be 15.5 million in the U.S. in the same year.
- Increase in patient population with infectious and liver diseases is a key driver of the global natural killer (NK) cell therapeutics market
- Rise in the awareness among the population about various immunotherapies and increase in research and development of bi-specific antibody for engaging natural killer cells to eliminate tumor cells are driving the global natural killer (NK) cell therapeutics market
Natural Killer (NK) Cell Directed Antibodies Segment Held Major Share of Global Market
- Based on type, the global natural killer (NK) cell therapeutics market can be divided into natural killer (NK) cell therapies and natural killer (NK) cell directed antibodies
- Natural killer (NK) cell therapies segment can be further divided into CNDO-109, oNKord, natural killer cells, and others
- Natural killer (NK) cell directed antibodies segment can sub-divided into MOGAMULIZUMAB, Lirilumab, AFM13, NKTT 120, and others
- Natural killer (NK) cell directed antibodies segment accounted for a major market share in 2018. The dominance of the segment can be attributed to increase in the use of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) for various diseases and easy availability of these drugs.
Cancer Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of application, the global natural killer (NK) cell therapeutics market can be classified into gastrointestinal diseases, immune-proliferative disorders, cancer, and others
- Cancer segment is expected to account for a major share of the global natural killer (NK) cell therapeutics market in 2027
- The dominance of this segment can be attributed to the increase in prevalence rate of cancer across the globe
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapeutics Market Report
North America Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapeutics Market to Expand Rapidly
- Based on region, the global natural killer (NK) cell therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Factors such as high prevalence of cancer and new product development are expected to drive the natural killer (NK) cell therapeutics market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global natural killer (NK) cell therapeutics market is highly consolidated with presence of few players accounting for the majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global natural killer (NK) cell therapeutics market are:
- Celgene Corporation
- Nkarta Therapeutics
- Innate Pharma S.A
- Ziopharm Oncology, Inc.
- NKT Therapeutics Inc.
- Fate Therapeutics
- Fortress Biotech Inc.
Global Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapeutics Market, by Type
- Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapies
- Natural Killer Cells
- Natural Killer (NK) Cell Directed Antibodies
- NKTT 120
Others Global Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapeutics Market, by Application
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Immune-proliferative Disorders
Global Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Research & Academic Institutes
Global Natural Killer (NK) Cell Therapeutics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.