Nasogastric Tube Market: Introduction
- A nasogastric (NG) tube is a flexible tube of rubber or plastic, which is passed through the nose, down through the esophagus, and into the stomach. It can be used to either remove substances from or add them to the stomach.
- An NG tube is only meant to be used on a temporary basis and not for long-term use
- If a person cannot eat or swallow, he or she may need to have a nasogastric tube inserted. This process is known as nasogastric intubation. During NG intubation, a doctor or nurse will insert a thin special tube through a nostril, down the esophagus, and into the stomach.
- Insertion of a nasogastric tube provides access to the stomach and its contents. It helps to drain gastric contents, decompress the stomach, obtain a specimen of the gastric contents, or introduce a passage into the GI tract. This enables treatment of gastric immobility and bowel obstruction. It also allows for drainage and/or lavage in drug overdose or poisoning. In trauma settings, NG tubes can be used to aid in the prevention of vomiting and aspiration, as well as for assessment of GI bleeding. NG tubes can also be used for enteral feeding initially.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Nasogastric Tube Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disorders, cancer, and bleeding disorders boosts the growth of the global nasogastric tube market
- Increase in the number of preterm births and surge in geriatric population base are projected to fuel the growth of the global nasogastric tube market
- According to the World Health Organization (February 19, 2018), an estimated 15 million babies are born preterm (born before 37 completed weeks of gestation) and the number is rising. The rate of preterm birth ranges from 5% to 18% in 184 countries.
- According to the World Health Organization, population aged 60 years and above is anticipated to rise from 900 million in 2015 to 2000 million in 2050
- However, developmental delays and side effects such as skin irritation, tube dislocation, tube perforation, gagging, and retching are expected to hamper the growth of the global nasogastric tube market during the forecast period
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Nasogastric Tube Market
- In terms of region, the global nasogastric tube market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global nasogastric tube market due to high prevalence of chronic diseases among the population and rise in preterm births in the U.S. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, preterm birth rate in the U.S. was 10% in 2018, and has increased for the fourth consecutive year from 2015 to 2018
- Europe is anticipated to account for significant market share due to availability of exceptionally sophisticated health care facilities, increase in geriatric population, high health care outlay, and surge in patient awareness. Additionally, development of product portfolio because of increase in research & development and implementation of promising health care policies is expected to drive the market in the region.
- The nasogastric tube market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to rise in health care infrastructure. Moreover, increase in the geriatric population and rise in prevalence of chronic diseases are projected to propel the market in the region.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to grow at a steady pace because of low economic development in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Nasogastric Tube Market
Major players operating in the global nasogastric tube market are:
- Guangdong Baihe Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Q Holding Company
- Bicakcilar AS
- Vygon SA
- Pacific Hospital Supply Co., Ltd.
- Well Lead Medical Co., Ltd.
- Hangzhou Formed Medical Devices Co., Ltd.
- Other Prominent Players
Global Nasogastric Tube Market: Research Scope
Global Nasogastric Tube Market, by Type
- Levin Tube
- Salem Sump Tube
- Moss Tube
Global Nasogastric Tube Market, by Patient Group
Global Nasogastric Tube Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Nasogastric Tube Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.