Nasal Endoscopy Market: Introduction
Nasal endoscopy is a procedure that is carried out to look at the nasal & sinus passages. A nasal endoscope is an instrument that consists a thin tube with fiber-optic cables that possesses a small camera with a light. Otolaryngologists carry out this process in their clinics.
During the procedure, the expert inserts the endoscope into the nose and takes it through the nasal & sinus passages. Images of the area can be visualised through the endoscope, which can help in the diagnosis & treatment of health.
Endoscopy could be required if the healthcare provider needs information regarding cerebrospinal fluid leak, nasal and sinus infection, nasal congestion, nasal blockage, nasal polyps, nasal tumors, loss of smell, and nose bleeds. Nasal endoscopy is most commonly used for rhino sinusitis, which has symptoms such as yellow or greenish nasal fluid and nasal blockage. The infected sample is collected and tested to get a clear idea about the infection & its required treatment.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Nasal Endoscopy Market
- Flexible endoscopes and single-use endoscopes are utilized in almost all areas. Capsule endoscopes are used for gastrointestinal tract screening. The advent of ultrathin endoscopes, which are thin like hair strands, and tadpole endoscopes are some of the advancements in technology.
- The pandemic has hampered the endoscopy market. Endoscopic procedures such as nasal endoscopy and gastrointestinal endoscopy could have a risk of transmission of SARS-Cov-2. Therefore, there was a decline in the number of endoscopic procedures.
- Neuro navigation is an essential technique for endonasal endoscopic surgery. Studies have shown a rapid increase in the efficacy of neuro-surgical procedures with neuro navigation. Autostereoscopic 3D neuro navigation is a trend which combines 2D images of the axial, sagittal, and coronal planes into one single integrated 3D image.
- Three optical fluorescence agents are currently tried: indocyanine green, sodium fluorescein dye, and 5- aminolevulinic acid. Special equipment such as light sources and ICG filters are used for detecting these agents.
- Robotic surgery can also aid in nasal surgery. Robots act as stable holders during the movement of the scope.
North America to Dominate Global Nasal Endoscopy Market
In terms of region, the global nasal endoscopy market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Well- established healthcare infrastructure in the region with easy accessibility is augmenting the demand for endoscopic devices in the U.S. Advancements in surgical devices by different established companies are contributing to market expansion in U.S. Moreover, the rise in healthcare expenditure in the country has also increased the number of endoscopic procedures.
- In Europe, Germany dominated the market in 2020. The government is taking initiatives across the country for minimally invasive procedures.
- Presence of geriatric population & improvements in healthcare infrastructure are driving the Asia Pacific market. Additionally, the economic development & rise in government healthcare investments have largely attracted foreign investments.
Key Players Operating in Global Nasal Endoscopy Market
The global nasal endoscopy market is fragmented due to the presence of international as well as local players. A large number of manufacturers hold major shares in their respective regions. Demand for nasal endoscopy has increased in emerging as well as developed markets due to rise in awareness about technologically advanced products. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market. Key players operating in the global nasal endoscopy market are listed below:
- Conmed Corporation
- Stryker Corporation
- Smith & Nephew Plc.
- HOYA Corporation
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Olympus Corporation
- KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG.
- Cantel Medical Corp.
- Medtronic Plc.
- Johnsons & Johnsons
- Becton Dickinson and Company
Global Nasal Endoscopy Market, by Product Type
- Endoscopy - Visualization Systems
- Endoscopy Visualization Components
- Other Accessories
Global Nasal Endoscopy Market, by End-user
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- Other users
Global Nasal Endoscopy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!