Nanosilica Market (Product: P-Type and S-Type; and Application: Cement & Concrete, Medical, Paints & Coatings, Semiconductor, Cosmetics, Glass & Ceramics, Rubber & Plastic Additives, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Nanosilica Creates Business Opportunities in Construction Sector Due to Demand for SCMs
Nanosilica is being highly publicized as a promising cementitious admixture in concrete apart from paints, coatings, and rubber additives. Nanosilica has the potential to leverage the mechanical and durability attributes of concrete. The ever-evolving construction industry is another key driver, which is fueling the growth of the nanosilica market. As such, the construction industry is creating a demand for supplementary cementitious materials (SCMs)-like nanosilica to enhance the properties of concrete.
Nanosilica is gaining increased popularity for cementitious admixtures in concrete to deploy improved load-carrying capacity. Since nanosilica is extremely fine, it helps to strengthen the microstructure of the cementitious matrix as a result of its pozzolanic activity. Thus, companies in the nanosilica market are increasing the availability of silica nanoparticles in the construction industry where workers combine the novel element with other SCMs such as flyash, microsilica, and risk husk ash, among others.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Biosynthesized Nanosilica Gains Prominence in Soil Stabilization for Use in Engineering and Railroad Applications
Silica nanostabilizers are being extensively used for weak soil stabilization, owing to its advantages of cost-efficiency, high durability, and reliable stabilization properties. As such, manufacturers are increasing the applicability of nanosilica in plastic additives, medical applications as well as cosmetics. This explains why the nanosilica market is projected to grow at a favorable CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. Due to the growing trend of green synthesis and nanomaterials, manufacturers are increasing their focus in wheat husk-assisted silica nanoparticles (NPs) that serve as an efficient biocompatible nanostabilizer.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Wheat husk-assisted nanosilica is one of the cost-effective methods for soil stabilization, since wheat husk is an abundantly available raw material. Thus, companies are aiming to conduct successful biosynthesis of green silica nanoparticles from waste products such as wheat husk. Nanosilica helps to optimize moisture content of soil, which is used in various engineering projects and other railroad foundations. Manufacturers are experimenting with biosynthesized nanosilica that is efficiently situated in the bedrock layers of raw soil.
Silica Nanoparticle RNA/DNA Delivery Systems Instrumental in Innovation of Vaccines
Lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) are one of the most widely accepted solutions for producing nucleic acid vaccines. However, major drawbacks of LNPs involve issues in stimulation of the release of systemic inflammatory cytokines and its accumulation in the liver and spleen with the risks of toxicity. Hence, companies in the nanosilica market are focusing on DNA and RNA delivery of pharmaceutical products. They are using silica nanoparticles in various consumer and pharmaceutical products, since these novel NPs can be appropriately modified to trap a wide range of molecules. Such innovations are boosting the revenue growth of the nanosilica market, which is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 55 Bn by 2030.
Silica nanoparticles degrade slowly as a result of nontoxic by-products, thus establishing a slow release of the entrapped compounds in pharmaceutical drugs. As such, N4 Pharma— a specialist pharmaceutical company is gaining global recognition for its novel nanosilica delivery system that is being used to innovate in vaccines and other therapeutics.
Closure of Manufacturing Plants Due to COVID-19 Directly Affects Nanosilica Market
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has impacted a large number of countries worldwide. Various preventive measures such as lockdowns, suspension of trade activities, and closure of factories are negatively affecting the nanosilica market. However, companies in the market landscape are responding positively to the advisory issued by governments to safeguard the health of workers and employees. One of the major drawbacks of the COVID-19 crisis is the temporary shutdown of manufacturing units, which has directly affected revenue generation activities.
Coronavirus pandemic has caused a slowdown in global foreign direct investment (FDI). A major shrink in FDI investments indicate adverse effects on the nanosilica market, the energy, chemicals, and electronics industries due to closure of factories.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Nanosilica Market, ask for a customized report
The suspension of public transport services and shrinking FDI investments are likely to hamper the growth of the nanosilica market due to the surging COVID-19 outbreak. Nanosilica is combined with gold nanoparticles to hold promising potentials in solar energy harvesting and desalinating seawater, owing to its ability to absorb light and carbon dioxide.
Nanosilica is gaining increased popularity in SCMs for concrete. However, cold weather concreting is associated with challenges, such as in concrete placement for use in various construction-related applications. Hence, companies should increase their production capabilities to introduce nanosilica in concrete, owing to its vigorous reactivity as a result of its ultrafine surface area.
Nanosilica Market: Overview
- Silicon dioxide (SiO2) nanoparticles, also known as silica nanoparticles or nanosilica, is the most common silicon compound and a major constituent of the earth’s crust. Silicon dioxide is a compound of silicon and oxygen. Major industries wherein silica nanoparticles are used are adhesives & sealants, cement & concrete, biomedical, pharmaceuticals, paints & coatings, inks, agriculture, and food.
- The global nanosilica market is expected to expand at a significant pace due to increase in the demand for nanosilica in industries such as paints & coatings, rubber, plastic, and cement & concrete
- Asia Pacific held a major share of the global nanosilica market in 2019. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. North America and Latin America are other key regions of the global nanosilica market.
Key Growth Drivers of Nanosilica Market
- Increase in the demand for nanosilica for use in nanocoatings offers significant opportunities to the global nanosilica market
- Industrial and medical use of nanoparticles has been increasing at a rapid pace over the past 20 years. Nanosilica is a nanomaterial that is manufactured on an industrial scale for use as an additive to cosmetics, printer toners, and food.
- Nanosilica offers lightweight and strong materials for use in applications in the construction industry. Application of the nanotechnology in paints and coatings makes surface materials stronger and more resistant to abrasions and heat. All the above-mentioned factors are estimated to drive the demand for nanotechnology products and subsequently, boost the use of nanosilica in various applications in the near future.
Major Challenges for Nanosilica Market
- According to Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 of the European Commission, stringent rules have been imposed on the usage of nanosilica in cosmetic products. The Regulation says that cosmetic products that contain nanomaterials, such as silicon dioxide and titanium dioxide, should be notified six months before the product is launched in the cosmetics industry.
Lucrative Opportunities for Nanosilica Market
- Innovations in the field of nanosilica production, such as use of rice husk ash in the production of nanosilica are expected to offer lucrative opportunities to the global nanosilica market during the forecast period
- According to the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, 700 million tons of rice is harvested every year across the globe. Thus, there exists high scope to derive silica from around 140 million tons of rice husk ash. This is a more cost-effective method as compared to the traditional method.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Nanosilica Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global nanosilica market in 2019, owing to advancements in technology and growth of various end-use industries in the region. This is anticipated to drive the market in the region during the forecast period. In terms of market share, North America follows Asia Pacific in the global nanosilica market.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific dominated the global nanosilica market in 2019, due to presence of a large number of manufacturers of food, beverages, automobiles, rubber, and personal care products in the region. Developing economies in the region such as China, India, and Japan have been witnessing strong economic growth in light of growing activities in sectors such as coatings, rubber, agriculture, food, concrete, and healthcare & medicine.
- The nanosilica market in North America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, as the region consists of developed countries and mature markets
- Europe is a key region of the global nanosilica market led by presence of numerous developed industries in the region
P-Type to Witness High Demand
- Among products, the p-type segment accounted for a significant share of the nanosilica market in North America in 2019. The segment is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period, due to high usage of p-type nanosilica in various applications such as rubber, concrete, and coatings.
- The s-type segment is anticipated to be highly lucrative during the forecast period. S-type nanosilica is inexpensive than p-type nanosilica. However, the adoption of p-type nanosilica has been increasing at a rapid pace, primarily due to its suitability and use in rubbers and plastics in the automotive industry.
Increase in Adoption of Rubber and Plastic Additives
- The rubber & plastic additives segment accounted for a major share of the global nanosilica market in 2019. It is estimated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, due to increase in the adoption of reinforced rubber and other applications of rubber such as automotive parts and tires across the world.
- Paints & coatings is also a key application segment of the global nanosilica market. Nanomaterials are increasingly being used in the global paints & coatings industry. Nanosilica is employed to impart antimicrobial properties to paints and coatings.
Players Operating in Nanosilica Market Involve in Technological Advancements and R&D Activities
- Key players operating in the global nanosilica market include
- Evonik Industries
- Nanosil (Asia Pacific) Sdn
- US Research Nanomaterials, Inc.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- NanoPore Incorporated.
- These companies are vertically integrated across the market value chain. They are involved in technology advancement and extensive research to lower the nanosilica production cost and gain higher share in the global nanosilica market.
Nanosilica Market – Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global nanosilica market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for future growth of the global nanosilica market, so as to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global nanosilica market would expand during the forecast period i.e. from 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global nanosilica market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global nanosilica market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global nanosilica market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (Kilo Tons).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global nanosilica market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global nanosilica market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Nanosilica Market
The report provides detailed information about the global nanosilica market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global nanosilica market, to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which product and application segments of the global nanosilica market would emerge as a major revenue generator for the market during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues out of advantages of nanosilica?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global nanosilica market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global nanosilica market?
- Which application segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global nanosilica market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global nanosilica market?
Research Methodology – Nanosilica Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global nanosilica market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the global nanosilica market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on the data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global nanosilica market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global nanosilica market.
Nanosilica Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global nanosilica market in terms of product, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global nanosilica market.
Cement & Concrete
Paints & Coatings
Glass & Ceramics
Rubber & Plastic Additives
Others (including Magnetic Materials and Agriculture)
Middle East & Africa