Nairovirus Infection Treatment Market: Introduction
Nairovirus belongs to the genus Orthonairovirus and family Nairoviridae and has circular, negative-sense single stranded RNA. The most common types of pathogenic diseases caused by these types of viruses include Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever and Nairobi sheep disease. Common modes of transmission are through ticks and arthropods. Other modes of transmission include contact with infected animal blood or tissues during and immediately after being slaughtered. Onset of symptoms for Nairovirus infection are fever, muscle ache, dizziness, neck pain and stiffness, backache, headache, sore eyes, and photophobia (sensitivity to light), which is generally followed by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and sore throat early on, followed by sharp mood swings and confusion.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Nairovirus Infection Treatment Market
- Rise in number of Nairovirus infections and its prevalence worldwide is a major factor driving the market. Statistical trends from WHO have indicated an increase in the number of people suffering from Nairovirus fever, especially Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF). A survey conducted by WHO shows that the cases ranged from 4 cases in 2007 to 163 cases in 2016, 245 cases in 2017, and 483 cases in 2018.
- Technological advancements such as continuous research and development activities being conducted for the development of a lead drug to increase accuracy, quality, and result of existing treatment options and increasing public awareness about Nairovirus infection are major factors that are projected to boost the Nairovirus infection treatment market during the forecasted period.
- However non-availability of vaccines and no specific treatment approved for the treatment of Nairovirus are major factors that are estimated to hamper the Nairovirus Infection treatment market. Furthermore, the lack of skilled professionals involved for the treatment, unavailability of healthcare infrastructure in several regions due to unorganized sales and distribution are also likely to restrain the Nairovirus infection treatment market during the forecast period.
Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever segment to dominate global Nairovirus infection treatment market
- Based on indication, the global Nairovirus infection treatment market can be bifurcated into Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) and Nairobi Sheep Disease
- The Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) segment dominated the global market due to a rise in the number of patients infected with Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus and its increasing prevalence among patients. These factors cumulatively drive the segment.
Nucleic acid detection segment to expand significantly
- Based on diagnosis type, global Nairovirus infection treatment market can be classified into nucleic acid detection, serological testing, and cell culture isolation. The nucleic acid detection segment can be further sub-segmented into RT-PCR. The serological testing segment can be further bifurcated into IgG ELISA and Competitive Elisa.
- The nucleic acid detection segment is expected to dominate the global Nairovirus Infection treatment market due to the efficacy and preciseness of the results generated by RT-PCR tests, because they amplify the genetic material of the virus, i.e., generate multiple copies of the virus. Therefore, chances of errors in these tests are very less or none. Furthermore, the chances of false positives are very less as compared to that in other diagnostic tests.
Hospitals to be highly lucrative segment
- Based on end-user, the global Nairovirus infection treatment market can be divided into hospitals, specialty clinics, surgical centers, and others.
- The hospitals segment dominated the global Nairovirus infection treatment market due to marked percentage (%) increase in number of cases coming to hospitals and clinics and rise in healthcare Infrastructure facilities provided by hospitals
Middle East & Africa to dominate global Nairovirus infection treatment market
- In terms of region, the global Nairovirus infection treatment market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa accounts for a prominent share for the global Nairovirus infection treatment market, followed by North America. Rise in the number of Nairovirus infection cases with its increasing prevalence in patients due to abundant availability and enormous breeding of ticks in this region is a major factors that helps the region to hold a significant share of the global market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global Nairovirus infection treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Merck & Co.
- Roche Holding AG
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus pharmaceuticals
- Bausch Health Companies
Global Nairovirus Infection Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Nairovirus Infection Treatment Market, by Indication
- Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF)
- Nairobi Sheep Disease
Global Nairovirus Infection Treatment Market, by Diagnosis Type
- Nucleic acid detection
- Serological testing
- IgG ELISA
- Competitive Elisa
- Cell Culture Isolation
Global Nairovirus Infection Treatment Market, by Vector Type
- Tick bites
- Culicoid flies or Mosquitoes
- Diseased livestock (Sheep’s and goats)
Global Nairovirus Infection Treatment Market, by End User
- Specialty clinics
- Surgical Centers
Global Nairovirus Infection Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.