N95 Respirators: Introduction
- A respirator is a type of personal protective equipment (PPE). It is worn on the face. It covers mouth and nose. Some respirators also cover the eyes and face.
- The respirator forms a tight seal against the skin. It filters out some airborne particles.
- Respirators can be segregated into three groups: R-series, P-series, and N-series. Each of the three groups has three different efficiency possibilities: 95, 99, and 100.
- N-Series: N-Series respirators do not provide resistance to oil, therefore these provide protection against liquid and solid particles that do not contain oil
- It is the most common type of particulate filtering facepiece respirator. It filters about 95% of airborne particles.
- N95 respirators are regulated by the National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL) in the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), which is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global N95 Respirators Market
- Recent outbreaks of respiratory disease infection pandemic diseases such as H1N1 and COVID-19 have increased demand for N95 respirators among health care workers such as first responders, health care professionals, medical practitioners, and nurses
- According to the World Health Organization, about 3,557,235 people are suffering from COVID-19, and about 245,150 deaths have been recorded due to COVID-19
- Rise in prevalence and incidence of other respiratory diseases such as tuberculosis is expected to propel the global N95 respirators market during the forecast period
- An estimated 10.4 million individuals developed tuberculosis and 1.4 million people succumbed to tuberculosis in 2015. Hence, increase in the number of patients with respiratory-related diseases is a key driver of the global for N95 respirators market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Mask without Valve Segment to Account for Higher Share of Global N-95 Respirators Market
- In terms of valve type, the global N95 respirators market can be bifurcated into mask with valve and mask without valve
- The mask without valve segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period
- N95 respirators without vale are designed to prevent the inhalation of bacteria, dust, viruses, and germs that can cause illnesses such as swine flu
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends hospitals not to use N95 respirators with valves. Health care professionals should not use N95 respirators with valves during situations such as an invasive procedure in a procedure room or operating room because the valve allows unfiltered exhaled air to leak into the sterile field.
- Hence, the mask without valve segment is expected to dominate the global N95 respirators market during the forecast period
North America to Dominate Global N95 Respirators Market
- In terms of region, the global N95 respirators market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global N95 respirators market during the forecast period.
- Recent outbreaks in the region such as COVID-19 pandemic is projected to drive the N95 respirators market in the region
- The major impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S. is expected to drive the N95 respirators market in the region during the forecast period
- According to an online platform Worldometer, the U.S. is the most impacted country by coronavirus in the world. As of May 5, 2020, over 1,240,826 people in the U.S. were affected by coronavirus and about 72,462 people succumbed to the disease.
Key Players Operating in Global N95 Respirators Market
The global N95 respirators market is fragmented, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global N95 respirators market are:
- Jiangsu Teyin Imp & Exp Co. Ltd.
- Joseph Leslie & Co. LLP
- Kimberly-Clark Corp.
- Moldex-Metric, Inc.
- Shanghai Dasheng Health Products Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
Global N95 Respirators Market: Research Scope
Global N95 Respirators Market, by Valve Type
- Mask with Valve
- Mask without Valve
Global N95 Respirators Market, by Indication
- Swine Flu
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Infection
Global N95 Respirators Market, by End-user
- TB Wards
- Operating Rooms
- Intensive Care Units
- Labor & Delivery
- Infection Control Practices
Global N95 Respirators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.