N95 Respirators: Introduction
- A respirator is a type of personal protective equipment (PPE). It is worn on the face. It covers mouth and nose. Some respirators also cover the eyes and face.
- The respirator forms a tight seal against the skin. It filters out some airborne particles.
- Respirators can be segregated into three groups: R-series, P-series, and N-series. Each of the three groups has three different efficiency possibilities: 95, 99, and 100.
- N-Series: N-Series respirators do not provide resistance to oil, therefore these provide protection against liquid and solid particles that do not contain oil
- It is the most common type of particulate filtering facepiece respirator. It filters about 95% of airborne particles.
- N95 respirators are regulated by the National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL) in the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), which is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global N95 Respirators Market
- Recent outbreaks of respiratory disease infection pandemic diseases such as H1N1 and COVID-19 have increased demand for N95 respirators among health care workers such as first responders, health care professionals, medical practitioners, and nurses
- According to the World Health Organization, about 3,557,235 people are suffering from COVID-19, and about 245,150 deaths have been recorded due to COVID-19
- Rise in prevalence and incidence of other respiratory diseases such as tuberculosis is expected to propel the global N95 respirators market during the forecast period
- An estimated 10.4 million individuals developed tuberculosis and 1.4 million people succumbed to tuberculosis in 2015. Hence, increase in the number of patients with respiratory-related diseases is a key driver of the global for N95 respirators market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Mask without Valve Segment to Account for Higher Share of Global N-95 Respirators Market
- In terms of valve type, the global N95 respirators market can be bifurcated into mask with valve and mask without valve
- The mask without valve segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period
- N95 respirators without vale are designed to prevent the inhalation of bacteria, dust, viruses, and germs that can cause illnesses such as swine flu
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends hospitals not to use N95 respirators with valves. Health care professionals should not use N95 respirators with valves during situations such as an invasive procedure in a procedure room or operating room because the valve allows unfiltered exhaled air to leak into the sterile field.
- Hence, the mask without valve segment is expected to dominate the global N95 respirators market during the forecast period
North America to Dominate Global N95 Respirators Market
- In terms of region, the global N95 respirators market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global N95 respirators market during the forecast period.
- Recent outbreaks in the region such as COVID-19 pandemic is projected to drive the N95 respirators market in the region
- The major impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S. is expected to drive the N95 respirators market in the region during the forecast period
- According to an online platform Worldometer, the U.S. is the most impacted country by coronavirus in the world. As of May 5, 2020, over 1,240,826 people in the U.S. were affected by coronavirus and about 72,462 people succumbed to the disease.
Key Players Operating in Global N95 Respirators Market
The global N95 respirators market is fragmented, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global N95 respirators market are:
- Jiangsu Teyin Imp & Exp Co. Ltd.
- Joseph Leslie & Co. LLP
- Kimberly-Clark Corp.
- Moldex-Metric, Inc.
- Shanghai Dasheng Health Products Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
Global N95 Respirators Market: Research Scope
Global N95 Respirators Market, by Valve Type
- Mask with Valve
- Mask without Valve
Global N95 Respirators Market, by Indication
- Swine Flu
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Infection
Global N95 Respirators Market, by End-user
- TB Wards
- Operating Rooms
- Intensive Care Units
- Labor & Delivery
- Infection Control Practices
Global N95 Respirators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.