Global Muscle Stimulators Market: Introduction
- Muscle stimulator is a device that induces an electrical impulse to strengthen the weak muscles by triggering muscle contractions. It is also known as electrical muscle stimulator or neuromuscular electrical stimulator.
- It takes around 10,000 repetitions for a human brain to understand and learn to send messages to the muscles by shortest and quickest nerve pathway possible. Muscle stimulator helps to expedite the learning process and build a memory engram by repeating the contractions.
- Muscle stimulator has several advantages. It helps to reduce pain and offers non-evasive electrotherapy. It is portable, cheaper, and does not have any side effects, making it a good option for home care.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Muscle Stimulators Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Muscle Stimulators Market
- Increase in adoption of new and better technologies for chronic pain relief is projected to fuel the growth of the global muscle stimulators market
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the world’s population aged 60 or more is expected to increase from 900 million in 2015 to 2 billion in 2050. Increase in the geriatric population is likely to drive demand for muscle stimulators, which in turn is anticipated to augment the global market.
- Large number of people are interested in sports and fitness and this number is continuously increasing. This is projected to boost the growth of the global muscle stimulators market.
- Increasing number of physiotherapists prefer advanced electrotherapy techniques over regular techniques, which is likely to fuel the growth of the global muscle stimulation market
Restraints of Global Muscle Stimulators Market
- Increase in prices of muscle stimulators is projected to hamper the growth of the global muscle stimulators market, especially in the emerging economies
- There are strict government policies to regulate the use of these devices. Such devices should be used under the supervision of restorative specialists, without there can be a genuine stun, injury, or skin aggravation. Approval for techniques and introduction of new devices in the market are a challenge for the manufacturers because of strict government guidelines.
North America to Lead Global Muscle Stimulators Market
- In terms of region, the global muscle stimulators market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global muscle stimulators market in 2018. According to the WHO, in 2011, musculoskeletal ailments at the workplace cost US$ 213 Bn to the U.S., which is 1.4% of its gross domestic product (GDP). Increase in incidence of musculoskeletal disorders, presence of improved medical infrastructure, and acceptance of new technologies boost the growth of the muscle stimulators market in North America.
- Europe is the second largest market for muscle stimulators due to high disposable income and usage of the device in the field of sports medicine
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increase in health & fitness awareness and acceptance of smart devices for maintaining good health
- Regions such as Latin America and Middle East & Africa are anticipated to be lucrative markets for muscle stimulators during the forecast period due to upgraded health care infrastructure. Moreover, lenient rules & regulations set by regulatory bodies in the region are expected to drive the market in these regions.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Muscle Stimulators Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Muscle Stimulators Market
- Zynex, Inc.
- DJO Global, Inc.
- Axiobionics, LLC
- RS Medical, Inc.
- NeuroMetrix, Inc.
- OMRON Corporation
- Mettler Electronics Corp.
- Zimmer MedizinSysteme GmbH
- BioMedical Life Systems, Inc.
- EMS Physio Ltd.
- Beurer North America, L.P.
- OG Wellness Technologies Co., Ltd.
Global Muscle Stimulators Market: Research Scope
Global Muscle Stimulators Market, by Product Type
- Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS)
- Deep Brain Stimulator (DBS)
- Vagus Nerve Stimulator (VNS)
- Sacral Nerve Stimulator (SNS)
- Gastric Electric Stimulator (GES)
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES/EMS).
- Others (electrotherapy devices, combination devices, TNS, TMS, etc.)
Global Muscle Stimulators Market, by Application
- Pain Management
- Musculoskeletal Disorder Management
- Neurological Disorder Management
- Movement Disorder Management
Global Muscle Stimulators Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Physiotherapy Clinics
- Home Care Units
- Sports Clinics
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.