Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor: Introduction
- Acetylcholine is a major neurotransmitter of the parasympathetic nervous system. It is an ester of choline and acetic acid and functions as a transmitter of nerve impulses within the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- It has both excitatory and inhibitory effects, through which it can block or stimulate a response. Acetylcholine is stored in the acetylcholine producing neurons, known as cholinergic neurons.
- Muscarinic ACh receptors (mAChRs) are metabotropic receptors that are involved in regulating the number of central and peripheral functions. As per the coupling of these receptors to G-protein α-subunits, they are able to inhibit or stimulate postsynaptic neurons. These receptors are responsible for mediating the physiological effects of parasympathetic nerve activity.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Market
- The global muscarinic acetylcholine receptor market is primarily driven by a rise in the prevalence of disease such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) & Alzheimer’s disease and an increase in importance of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor as a therapeutic target for Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological conditions
- According to World Alzheimer Report data, the number of people with dementia across the world is estimated to increase from 74.7 million in 2015 to 131.5 million by 2050
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), majority population with dementia live in developing countries, 60% in 2001, which is likely to increase to 71% by 2040.
- Significant progress in research studies to achieve greater receptor selectivity and analysis of receptor subtypes is likely to offer significant opportunities for the market.
Alzheimer's disease Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- In terms of application, the global muscarinic acetylcholine receptor market can be classified into chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Alzheimer's disease, memory impairment, psychiatric disorders, and others
- The Alzheimer's disease segment is anticipated to dominate the global muscarinic acetylcholine receptor market during the forecast period. The segment is projected to be driven by improvement in knowledge about functional involvement of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor in pathology of Alzheimer's disease.
North America to Dominate Global Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Market
- In terms of region, the global muscarinic acetylcholine receptor market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global muscarinic acetylcholine receptor market during the forecast period owing to rigorous research & development activities in the U.S., increase in number of prominent players focusing on developing M1 mAChR agonists for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, and number of pharmaceutical companies working on new therapies for rare neurological conditions.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period due to an increase in geriatric population, rise in healthcare expenditure in the region, and a rise in the demand for new treatment options for Alzheimer’s disease
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global muscarinic acetylcholine receptor market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global muscarinic acetylcholine receptor market are:
- AstraZeneca plc
- Anavex Life Sciences Corp
- Karuna Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co. Ltd.
- Heptares Therapeutics Ltd.
- NeuroHealing Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Global Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Market: Research Scope
Global Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Market, by Type
Global Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Market, by Application
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Alzheimer’s Disease
- Memory Impairment
- Psychiatric Disorders
Global Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.