Multifunctional Furniture – A study on a type of furniture that is transformable and functional
- Multifunctional furniture is a type of furniture that is versatile and can adapt to smaller spaces and fulfill multiple user needs
- Multifunctional furniture is also popularly known as multi-purpose furniture, space-saving furniture, or transformable furniture
- Modular and reconfigurable designs of these furniture not only offer functional benefits but also enhance décor of the room
- Increasing trend of downsizing in apartments is a key factor driving the demand for multifunctional furniture that are not only ingenious in their functionality but are also stylish
- Myriad innovative and functional furniture are available in the market, and a shift in preference toward such furniture among the millennial generation is anticipated to further encourage manufacturers to design and innovate more ergonomic multi-functional furniture
Increased momentum in development of smaller apartments to drive the global multifunctional furniture market
- Rise in population and urbanization globally has fueled the demand for accommodation and subsequently boosted the real estate market and also led to reduction in size of apartments
- Development of urban housing has forced habitants to prefer smaller spaces, which in turn has increased the demand for furniture that can fit in small spaces and carry out multiple functions
Adoption of technology in development of innovative multifunctional furniture to offer significant opportunities
- Multifunctional furniture have been offering greater convenience to users, especially those who have limited living space, for the last few years. The concept of multifunctional furniture has evolved significantly, leading to the development of a wide range of space saving solutions that incorporate advanced technology, and yet are esthetically appealing.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Higher cost of multifunctional furniture to hinder the market
- Multifunctional furniture offer numerous space-saving benefits; however, the cost of acquiring such furniture is significantly higher than that of conventional furniture
- For instance, a multifunctional wall bed is likely to cost 2 to 3 times more than a conventional bed. This has been hampering the market, particularly in developing countries with dense population.
- However, intense competition in the market is likely to lead to a reduction in the prices of multifunctional furniture in the near future
Asia Pacific to hold leading share of the global multifunctional furniture market
- In terms of geography, the global multifunctional furniture market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America region features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the multifunctional furniture market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The multifunctional furniture market in South America is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2018 due to the presence of countries with significantly large population and limited living space. Japan, China, Hong Kong, and India are a few countries that contribute significantly to the expansion of the multifunctional furniture market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Middle East & Africa and Europe, during the forecast period. Asia leads the global market; however, Europe, which is home to several luxury furniture brands, is considered a key influencer and leader in terms of advancements in technology and design.
Key players operating in multifunctional furniture market
The global multifunctional furniture market is highly competitive owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global multifunctional furniture market are:
- Inter Ikea Systems B.V.
- Resource Furniture
- Expand Furniture
- Milano Smart Living
- La-Z-Boy Inc.
- Murphy Wall Beds Hardware Inc.
- Bush Industries, Inc.
- Ashley Furniture Industries
- Nourison Industries
- Flexsteel Industries, Inc.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Multifunctional Furniture Market, ask for a customized report
Global Multifunctional Furniture Market: Research Scope
Global Multifunctional Furniture Market, by Product Type
- Coffee tables
- Dining Tables
- Wall Beds
- Others (Shelves/Storage)
Global Multifunctional Furniture Market, by Application
Global Multifunctional Furniture Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company Owned Website
- Specialty Stores
- Large Retail Formats
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.