mRNA Vaccines: Introduction
- Vaccine is nothing but a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular disease. They stimulate the body's immune system to recognize the disease-causing microorganism as a threat and destroy it. Its administration is known as vaccination, the most effective method of preventing infectious diseases.
- mRNA vaccines and therapies are used for prevention and treatment of serious health conditions such as cancer, infectious diseases such as acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and respiratory diseases
- mRNA vaccines have ability to mimic natural viral infections by entering cells and are used to produce viral antigen proteins from within the cell
- Multiple mRNAs that are encoded for various viral proteins can be used as a single vaccine, thereby helping production of complex multimeric antigens
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global mRNA Vaccines Market
- Rise in prevalence of cancer, genetic disorders, and viral infections; and increase in awareness about vaccination drive the global mRNA vaccines market
- Outbreak of COVID-19 and rise in number of prominent market players conducting clinical trials for vaccine development are projected to drive the global market during the forecast period
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the mRNA Vaccines Market
Cancer Segment to Account for Major Share of Global mRNA Vaccines Market
- In terms of indication, the global mRNA vaccines market can be classified into cancer, HIV AIDS, respiratory diseases, and others
- The cancer segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to significant demand for mRNA vaccines for cancer and strengthening product pipeline
- According to the National Cancer Institute (NCI), cancer is among the leading causes of death worldwide and the number of new cases per year is expected to rise to 23.6 million by 2030
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO) currently, 10,000 of human diseases are known to be monogenic, caused by modifications in a single gene in human DNA. The global prevalence of all single gene diseases at birth is approximately 10/1000.
Hospitals & Clinics to Account for Major Share of Global mRNA Vaccines Market
- Based on end-user, the global mRNA vaccines market can be categorized into hospitals & clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, research institutes, and others
- The hospitals & clinics segment is likely to account for major share of the global mRNA vaccines market by 2027, owing to increase in number of patients with respiratory diseases, cancer, and infectious diseases
North America to Dominate Global mRNA Vaccines Market
- In terms of region, the global mRNA vaccines market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global mRNA vaccines market during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for mRNA vaccines for COVID-19, presence of prominent players operating in the U.S., and exponential rise in number of COVID-19 cases in the U.S. are anticipated to drive the market in North America
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global mRNA Vaccines Market
The global mRNA vaccines market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global mRNA vaccines market include:
- Argos Therapeutics, Inc.
- BioNTech AG
- CureVac AG
- eTheRNA Immunotherapies
- ethris GmbH
- Moderna, Inc.
- Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc.
- Tiba Biotech
- Translate Bio, Inc.
Global mRNA Vaccines Market: Research Scope
Global mRNA Vaccines Market, by Application
- HIV AIDS
- Respiratory Diseases
Global mRNA Vaccines Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Research Institutes
Global mRNA Vaccines Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.