Motion Control Components Market
Motion Control Components Market (Product: Electro-Hydraulic Products and Electro-Mechanical Products; Application: Head Box, Calendar Rolls, Reel Systems, Rewinders & Slitters, Cutters, Core Cutters, and Tension Controllers; and End Use: Pulp & Paper Mills, Corrugated Manufacturing Industries, and Paper & Corrugated Converting and Packaging Industries) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2028
Press Release :
Fill-in for Workforce Easier with Robots during COVID-19 Crisis
Robots are being deployed in areas where it is difficult for humans to navigate in the packaging industry. The trend has gained further impetus with the onset of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. This has created value-grab opportunities for companies in the motion control components market. In order to combat the risk of human interaction, companies are experiencing a spike in funding and orders for motion control components. Fill-in for workforce is becoming easier with the help of robots in dangerous places.
The fear of robots replacing human jobs is boosting the idea of adopting robots as an asset to production facilities. In order to tide over uncertainties with labor shortage, extreme weather and potential infectious diseases, companies in the motion control components market are increasing the availability of robots.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Motion Control Components Market
Absolute Encoders and Step Motors Reduce Downtime and Increase Throughput in Facilities
The overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) is crucial in the packaging industry to meet the ever-increasing demand for high throughout. However, downtime of the machinery affects production targets and increases expenditure. Hence, companies in the motion control components market such as Applied Motion Products— an industrial equipment supplier in California is providing motion control systems to packaging machinery OEMs to reduce downtime. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D in multi-turn, absolute encoders that eliminate homing runs by constantly monitoring motor position.
With the aim to increase throughput, manufacturers in the motion control components market are increasing their production in step motors to deploy precision position control.
Smart Hydraulic Actuators Gain Prominence for High Force Applications in Carton Forming
There is a growing demand for motion control components that can be easily integrated into existing equipment. Companies in the motion control components market are adhering to common industrial networking protocols such as Modbus, Profinet, and EtherNet/IP, among others, to build their credibility in the packaging landscape. Drivers and integrated motors that support different protocols with on-board communication ports, sans the need for external gateways, are being preferred by packaging companies.
The motion control components market is predicted to advance at a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period. Manufacturers are increasing their production capacities in actuators where high force, precision, and minimal maintenance are required in the packaging industry. For instance, Kyntronics— a hydraulic equipment supplier in Solon, Ohio, is increasing its marketing capabilities for smart hydraulic actuators that are being used for carton forming, capping, and palletizing applications.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Comprehensive Repair Services for Hydraulic Components in Paper Industry Boost Market Growth
Top services for stakeholders in the paper & pulp industry are boosting the overall growth of the motion control components market. Controlled Fluids, Inc. — a hydraulic equipment supplier in Texas, is increasing its services portfolio by offering hydraulic and pneumatic repairs for stakeholders in the packaging industry. Apart from supplying components, companies in the motion control components market are increasing their focus in services such as servo valve repairs, lube oil replacement, actuator repairs, and the likes.
Companies in the motion control components market are combining compactness with performance in electro-mechanical servo motors.
Infrared Temperature Sensors Become Commonplace in Gluing and Preheating of Corrugated Cardboards
Position sensors are being extensively used for temperature measurement in corrugated cardboard manufacturing. Calex Electronics— a provider of high quality temperature measurement solutions is manufacturing non-contact infrared temperature sensors to meet the needs of stakeholders involved in corrugated cardboard manufacturing. Such sensors play a crucial role in preheating and gluing applications to ensure a strong bond and prevent warping.
Packaging machinery OEMs in the motion control components market are increasing the availability of straight out of the box sensors that eliminate the need for changing settings. They are producing sensors with analogue output to integrate into existing instrumentation. On the other hand, manufacturers are developing infrared temperature sensors with air/water cooled jackets and air purge collars to meet specific needs of end customers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Motion Control Components Market
In order to revive market growth, companies such as Rockwell Automation are introducing innovative products such as their linear motion control system for food packaging amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D in robotics to gain competitive edge in the packaging landscape. However, frequent downtime of equipment has triggered the demand for high quality motion control solutions. Hence, companies in the motion control components market are innovating in multi-turn, absolute encoders, and step motors to reduce downtime, costs, and increase throughout in packaging applications. Smart hydraulic actuators are facilitating multi axis synchronization and energy efficient use of power on-demand.
Motion Control Components Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global motion control components market for the historical period of 2014 - 2019 and forecast period of 2020 - 2028, the market is anticipated to be driven by growing demand of PET-based packaging containers in the food & beverage industry
- The global motion control components market is expected to clock a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period. Increasing demand for PET bottles for mineral water, energy drinks, and many other products packaging further boosting growth of motion control components market across the globe.
Need for Advanced Tissue Paper Machines Driving Motion Control Components Market
- Tissue papers are consumer-oriented products and thus, their success depends on manufacturer’s ability to attract consumers through high product quality at optimum and right price. Therefore, manufacturers of tissue products are investing to upgrade and expand production lines, which are capable of producing large quantities at high speed and deliver premium quality tissue paper products.
- This is expected to create opportunities for tissue machine manufacturers. For instance, Voith GmbH & Co. KGaA offers a wide variety of tissue machines such as TerraDry HC+, ProTect, and SkySoft to manufacturers, which can be customized as desired functionalities. This is expected to augment the demand for motion control components in tissue machines.
- Adoption of new technology-based motion control components eliminates the need to constantly find alternative components, which, in turn, can reduce maintenance time for the company through improved machine conditions
High Installation & Maintenance Cost and Low Removal Values of Motion Control Components to Restrict Market Growth
- Paper and paperboard machines are the biggest cost in a paper mill and similarly, motion control components, which are used in these machines, are capital intensive, as they control robust mechanism of applications
- Expertise is highly required for installing these components in machines that increases the cost of installation. Moreover, during the life of machine whenever need for repair or maintenance arises, the cost incurred is high.
- In case of duress, if the machine needs to be de-installed, applications are economically not feasible to remove and resale price is low, which can be a huge loss for manufacturers
Motion Control Components Market: Key Findings
- As per product, electro-mechanical motion control components remains prominent in the global market. These are expected to create incremental opportunity of nearly US$ 100 Mn during the forecast period.
- As application, most end users are inclining toward converting business where rewinders & slitters are mostly used. The segment is estimated to account for nearly 1/3rd of the motion control components market by the end of forecast period.
- TMR witnessed that the motion control components are highly used in pulp & paper mills for paper machines. Therefore, by the end of 2028, these end-use industries are expected to account for around half of the market share.
- In terms of market share, Asia Pacific is a prominent region in the global motion control components market. Expansion of specialty paper, tissue paper, containerboard, and allied converting industries are the prime factors for the rapid growth of motion control components market in Asia Pacific countries.
Motion Control Components Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the global motion control components market is highly competitive, owing to new companies and entry of local players. This completion among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the company over the past five years.
- In the recent study of motion control components market, TMR included profiles of leading players. This includes Honeywell International, Siemens AG, ABB Group, Bosch Rexroth USA, Moog Inc., Neles Corporation, KSB SE & Co. KGaA, WEG Industries, SMC Corporation, Emerson Electric Co., Power Jacks Limited., ATOS S.p.A., Tolomatic, Inc., Tasowheel Group Oy, and HAWE Hydraulik SE, among others.
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, Honeywell International, Siemens AG, ABB Group, and Bosch Rexroth USA are identified as Tier 1 players. In 2019, these companies held a cumulative market share of ~15%-20%. The Tier 2 players are Neles Corporation, KSB SE & Co. KGaA, WEG Industries, SMC Corporation, and Emerson Electric Co. Tier 3 players are Moog Inc., Power Jacks Limited, ATOS S.p.A., Tolomatic, Inc., Tasowheel Group Oy, HAWE Hydraulik SE, etc.
COVID-19 to Offer New Growth Opportunities for Motion Control Components Market in 2021
- Post COVID–19, the global motion control components market is expected to decline in 2020 with a year-on-year growth rate of nearly 1.4% from 5.8% in 2019. These estimates are as per the ongoing challenges in the expansion of key industries, including pulp & paper mills and corrugated manufacturing industries, which are the biggest customers of motion control components.
- However, the COVID-19 crisis has also boosted expansion of eCommerce toward types of products, customers, and new firms. It has provided customers to gain access to a significant variety of products from the convenience and safety of being at their homes, and has enabled firms to continue their operation through online sales channels.
- Some of these changes in the eCommerce sector are likely to be of a long-term, and are anticipated to boost the demand for paper and paperboard products for packaging purposes. This is likely to have a positive effect on the motion control components market.
Motion Control Components Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global motion control components market, providing forecast for the period of 2020-2028. In the study, growth opportunity for the motion control components market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the motion control components market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report. Here the scope of research is restricted to pulp & paper market analysis.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Motion Control Components Market Report
- What will be market size for motion control components by the end of 2028?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on motion control components market?
- Which product is expected to be most preferred for motion control components? What was its market size in 2019?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which are the top five countries of motion control components market?
- Which application holds maximum market share in the global motion control components market?
- Who are major key players in the motion control components market?
Key indicators associated with the motion control components market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global motion control components market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of motion control components. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the motion control components market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the motion control components market are provided on the basis of product, application, end use, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The motion control components market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the motion control components market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of motion control components manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for motion control components.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the motion control components market report include Honeywell International, Siemens AG, ABB Group, Bosch Rexroth USA, Moog Inc., Neles Corporation, KSB SE & Co. KGaA, WEG Industries, SMC Corporation, Emerson Electric Co., Power Jacks Limited., ATOS S.p.A., Tolomatic, Inc., Tasowheel Group Oy, and HAWE Hydraulik SE.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the motion control components market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the motion control components market. The report has undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the motion control components market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Motion Control Components Market – Segmentation
The global motion control components market has been segmented on the basis of product, application, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.