Mood Disorder Treatment Market: Introduction
- Mood disorder, also known as affective disorder, is a mental health issue characterized by a serious change in mood that affects the person’s daily life
- There are various types and subtypes of mood disorder; however, it can be segmented into three major states: depressive, manic, and bipolar
- Mood disorder is a broad term that's used to include all types of depressive and bipolar disorders
- If someone has symptoms of a mood disorder, the moods may range from extremely low (depressed) to extremely high or irritable (manic). This primarily affects the person’s emotional state.
Key Drivers and Restrains of Global Mood Disorder Treatment Market
- Major players are focused on research & development of new drugs for the treatment of mental illness. Thus, increase in the launch and approval of new drugs for the treatment of mood disorder are being witnessed. For instance, Allergan plc and Gedeon Richter Plc. received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for its supplemental new drug application (sNDA) of VRAYLAR (cariprazine), for the use and treatment of depressive episodes associated with bipolar I disorder in adults.
- Rise in partnerships, collaborations, and agreements between companies and/or research institutes for the development, marketing, and distribution of mood disorder treatment is anticipated to drive the global mood disorder treatment market. For instance, Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma and Angelini announced a partnership for commercialization of Latuda (Lurasidone Hydrochloride) in November 2017 for Europe.
- As per World Health Organization (WHO), depression is expected to be the leading burden of disease worldwide by 2030. At any given point of time, mood disorders affect approximately 20% of the general population worldwide. Increasing prevalence of mood disorder is anticipated to drive the global mood disorder treatment market.
- Rise in government driven initiatives in the field of mood disorder treatment is projected to fuel the global market during the forecast period. For instance, in February 2020, India and the U.S. signed an agreement on mental health, which is projected to enable India to learn from the experience of the U.S. in the treatment of mental health issues and is likely to facilitate greater access to traditional Indian medicines and therapies to treat mental health challenges in the U.S.
- Several drugs used in mood disorder have numerous side-effects such as addiction, blurred vision, damage to liver & thyroid, impaired memory, and tremors. This is which is hampering the mood disorder treatment market.
- Stringent regulations for approval process and social stigma associated with mental illness are key factors restraining the mood disorder market globally
North America to Lead Global Mood Disorder Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global mood disorder treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America leads the global mood disorder treatment market, and this trend is estimated to continue in the near future. This can be attributed to well-established healthcare structure, an increase in R&D investments in pharmaceutical companies & research institutes for new drug development, and the presence of major players in the region.
- Europe is estimated to be the second-largest mood disorder treatment market, in terms of market share. Rise in incidence of mental disorder, increase in government initiatives for the treatment, and technological advancement & development activities related to mental health are projected to propel the mood disorder treatment market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the next few years, due to a rise in awareness regarding mental health and an increase in investment by major players in the region
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a steady pace due to the presence of rapidly developing economies and evolving infrastructure of healthcare in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Mood Disorder Treatment Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- MECTA Corporation
- Ectron Limited
- Somatics, LLC.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Janssen Global Services, LLC (Johnson & Johnson)
- Allergan (AbbVie Inc.)
- Pfizer Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis AG
Global Mood Disorder Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Mood Disorder Treatment Market, by Type
Global Mood Disorder Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Mood stabilizers
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Brain stimulation therapies
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS)
Global Mood Disorder Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Homecare Settings
Global Mood Disorder Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.