Monodose Packs Market
Monodose Packs Market (Packaging Type: Sachets, Blister Packs, Stick Packs, Vials, Ampoules, and Mini-tubes & Mini-jars; Material Type: Plastic, Glass, Aluminum, and Paper & Paperboard; Product Form: Solid, Liquid, Powder, and Gel; and End Use: Food & Beverage, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Home Care & Toiletries, Chemical, and Other Industrial) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2029
Press Release :
Suitable Uses, Enhanced Application Efficiency Help in Expansion of Various Industries
Monodose packs, mostly known as single-dose packs, are helping various industrial sectors to control their practice needs, while concurrently reducing large waste. The monodose packs are largely being used by pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, and patients. They are smaller in size, easy to transport, and thus, are growing in popularity across cosmetics & personal care and food & beverages industries. The monodose packs have improved the packaging for pharmaceutical buyers, which is influencing the global market. The demand for monodose packs can be currently seen in various industries, including home care & toiletries, chemicals, and other mentioned industries. The demand for the monodose packs market is further expected to grow during the forecast period.
The introduction of monodose packs has helped various large businesses to reduce the waste that is usually produced by the use of unnecessary bottles and containers. The monodose pack manufacturers are designing products that can help in limiting the excess loss of the product, while dispensing and minimizing the product contamination caused by frequent contact with the product. Moreover, monodose packs are used as a container for active ingredients that are to be used in multiple doses or single dose with the measured quantity. Increasing applications in various industries and developing quality of mass-produced products are anticipating a global rise in the demand for the monodose packs market.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Monodose Packs Market
Sachets, Stick Packs Proving Propitious for Global Market
With recent concerns over plastic packaging waste, innovations such as monodose packs are most likely to be a crucial breakthrough factor in various end-use industries. Notable basic changes such as increasing consumption and production are resulting in the healthy demand for vaccines, single-use beautifiers, and food products across several regions are influencing the global monodose packs market. The monodose packs are mostly available in the form of vials, blisters, and sachets, and commonly preferred in consumer applications. Moreover, better oxygen barrier protection and long-lasting contents in the monodose formats are anticipated to further impel the growth of the monodose packs market.
Sachets and stick packs are gradually increasing in popularity, and are universally convenient for any end-use application. The rising consumer demand for healthy food and beverage delivery options have led to increasing consumers turning to products packaged in stick packs and sachets. Moreover, the takeaway segment and product demo packets for condiments such as ready-portioned spice mixes, and single-serve beverages including coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, are some of the major driving factors of the monodose packs market. Furthermore, other sectors including the hospitality industry have been relying on stick packs and sachets for items such as sugar, milk, coffee creamers, drink mixes, yogurts, and ketchup that are all packaged in a convenient size format.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Rigid Packaging Products Anticipate Heavy Demand
The improved competitive tactics and strategic acquisitions adopted by market-leading players have improved production capacity, thereby contributing to the monodose packs market growth. The regional aspects of the monodose packs market report suggest that the developed and developing markets such as the U.S., the U.K., India, and China provide huge growth potential for healthcare, personal care, and beauty products. These regions are also witnessing a rise in foreign investment in manufacturing personal care and cosmetics products. However, owing to the leading importance of pharmaceutical advancements and propulsions in industrial production, most countries in South Asia are anticipated to grow the production rate of monodose packs, securing a steady market growth. Moreover, due to political and diplomatic upgrades, several countries have succeeded to emerge as hotspots for investors. Emerging concepts including environment-friendly monodose packs and thermoformed packaging are aiding to boost the global market in the near future.
COVID-19, Higher Manufacturing Costs to Thwart Market Growth
Several decades of product innovations have helped the packaging segment to cross a trillion-dollar mark previously. However, the global crisis due to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 has interrupted everything as manufacturing halted, self-isolation of people in their homes, and a heavy slowdown in global trade. The pandemic is expected to append economic challenges for sachets and stick pack manufacturers, slowing down the production and supply in near future. However, it is creating various new opportunities for vials and blister pack producers, as the healthcare industry is witnessing growing demand. Despite heavy demand from end-use industries, producers are encountering various challenges in terms of insufficient funds, interrupted supply chain, and now emerging the second and mutants waves of the virus in 2021. Nevertheless, the COVID-19 crisis has led to the expansion of eCommerce for various products and consumers access the products with safety, while being in their households. This has allowed companies to continue their development through online sales channels.
The lack of technological advancements in the manufacturing of monodose packs is probable to hinder the monodose packs market. Moreover, production costs for monodose packs in the pharmaceutical sector are comparatively high from its conventional alternatives. Major factors hampering the growth of the monodose market are the use of plastic as an inexpensive raw material in the making of sachets, stick packs, blister packs, etc. Strict rules and regulations for the single-use of plastic in various regions are most likely to affect the growth of the monodose market. Moreover, due to higher tax rates, the cost for monodose packs in the form of vials and ampoules is anticipated to be high, which can be a cause of concern in the monodose packs market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Monodose Packs Market
Monodose packs are one of the rapidly expanding segments in the packaging industry. The unit measures of monodose packs are anticipating a heavy demand for the structure of the pharmaceutical packaging segment with itemized delivery of the drug. The rise in the demand for the global packaging industry and preference for customized monodose packs with robust seal and reusability are proving favorable for the global market. Moreover, the growing use of tiny packaged product sizes such as sachets, stick packs, and blister packs are some important factors contributing to market growth. The present market is moving at a sluggish pace due to the limited supply chain and restricted manufacturing as the pandemic situation is yet to improve. However, rapid development of vaccination is aiding in restart of production services and increase in the demand for vials and blister packs are anticipated to drive the monodose packs market once the pandemic is over.
Monodose Packs Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global monodose packs market for the historical period of 2015-2020 and forecast period of 2021-2029, the market is anticipated to be driven by the remarkable production growth, resulting from the rapid consumption of pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and food & beverage products across various regions of the globe
- The global monodose packs market is expected to register a CAGR of 14.9% for rigid packaging products such as vials and ampoules during 2021-2029. This is mainly due to sharp increment in the demand for packaging of drugs & medicines for various forms of viral diseases, including dengue, Hepatitis A, and the most recent coronavirus. On the other hand, the global monodose packs market is anticipated to index a CAGR of 8.2% for flexible packaging products such as sachets & blister packs during 2021-2029.
Convenient Use and Improved Application Accuracy Aid Penetration in Emerging Markets
- Over the years, monodose packs have found use in numerous sectors such as pharmaceuticals, food & beverages, cosmetics, and home care. Reasons that aid the penetration of the product in the market are majorly its convenience factors, including small size, which makes the product easy to carry, pre-measured dose or quantity of the product and its improved applications in terms of accuracy of exact dose or amount delivered.
- Nowadays, monodose packs are used by various large brands in numerous sectors to reduce the waste that is generally caused by the use of unnecessary bottles and containers. Moreover, monodose packs aid in preventing excess loss of the product, while dispensing or during application of the product. Monodose packs help to avoid or minimize product contamination, which is caused by the frequent contact by the user to the product.
- According to different studies, monodose packs have witnessed peak success in many countries such as India, China, and Indonesia. The reason is not only the low cost when compared to the multiple-dose packaging, but also due to more people indulging in the trial of products using monodose packs, especially in the cosmetics sector.
Need of Anti-counterfeit to Shape Developments in Monodose Packs Market
- Barcodes on the monodose packs in the pharmaceutical sector are used to identify each individual dose and the counterfeit products by tracking the products in hospitals, which, in turn, ensures patient safety. The barcode includes identification of the drug by GTIN number, with expiry date and batch number.
- The use of barcode not only ensures patient safety but also reduces medication errors in the logistics and supply chain of hospitals. The use of barcodes has numerous benefits such as faster alerts and better medication recalls, to reduce staff costs and manage raw material costs for repackaging of pharmaceutical products. All these factors are likely to offer enormous growth opportunities to monodose packs manufacturers in terms of revenue generation.
Slightly Higher Manufacturing Cost to Hamper Market Growth
- The global monodose packs market might potentially be hampered by the lack of technological advancements in manufacturing of monodose packs. In addition, manufacturing of monodose packs, especially for pharmaceutical products, requires more costly equipment and machineries to attain accurate dose or quantity measurement, and to manufacture the exact and accurate dimension of the packaging material of the stated quantity.
- Most companies prefer to use plastic as an economical raw material in the production of sachets, blister packs, and mini tubes & mini jars. In developed countries, the growth outlook for the global monodose packs such as sachets is estimated to be slower in the upcoming years, due to various stringent rules and regulations imposed by government organizations on single use plastic products.
- In European countries, in case of the pharmaceutical sector, the cost of monodose packs in the form of vials and ampoules is anticipated to be high, due to higher tax rates in the region. Except India and some other Asian countries, utmost other countries have greater per ml cost of stick packs and sachets as compared to larger family-size packs.
Monodose Packs Market: Key Findings
- With the increasing fast pacing of lives across the globe, the use of tiny packaged product sizes such as sachets, stick packs, and blister packs are increasing rapidly, which are more reasonable than family-sized packs. The capability, value, and superiority of packaging of products such as instant drinks, condiments, and pharmaceuticals are driving the demand.
- Plastic is the most preferred material for the production of monodose packs, including sachets, blister packs, and others due to its economical and long-lasting characteristics. However, paper & paperboard is also emerging as the most promising material in the manufacturing of daily life and on-the-go products, due to their sustainable nature.
- Pharmaceutical and cosmetics & personal care end-use segments are anticipated to offer remarkable growth opportunities for players operating in the monodose packs market. Pain relievers and cold & flu medications in pharmaceutical and skincare and hair care products are in high demand that is likely to generate huge openings for manufactures.
- Cumulatively, North America and Europe are anticipated to account for over half of the global monodose packs market by 2029. The growing number of domestic manufacturers and rising demand from food & beverage and pharmaceuticals industries are expected to drive the monodose packs market growth in these regions.
Monodose Packs Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR studied that the global monodose packs market is very competitive for new players, owing to the highly established major existing players operating in the market. This rivalry among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the companies over the past six years.
- In the study of monodose packs market, the TMR team included profiles of leading players such as
- Gerresheimer AG
- Berry Global, Inc.
- AptarGroup, Inc.
- Amcor plc
- UDG Healthcare plc
- Huhtamaki Flexible Packaging
- Schott AG
- SGD S.A.
- Stevanato Group S.p.a.
- Nipro Corporation
- Klockner Pentaplast Group
- Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
- Winpak Ltd.
- Piramal Glass Private Limited
- Hindustan National Glass & Industries Limited
- ProAmpac LLC
- Sonic Packaging Industries
- Montebello Packaging Inc.
- Frigo Glass
- Glenroy, Inc.
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, Amcor plc, Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Gerresheimer AG, and Schott AG are identified as Tier 1 players. In 2019, these companies hold a cumulative market share of ~10-15%. The Tier 2 players are Berry Global, Inc., Huhtamaki Flexible Packaging, AptarGroup, Inc., ProAmpac LLC, etc. Tier 3 players are UDG Healthcare plc, Winpak Ltd., Stevanato Group S.p.a., Frigo Glass, and many other players from across the globe.
COVID-19 to Offer New Growth Prospects for Monodose Packs Market
- Post COVID-19, the global monodose packs market is expected to nurture in 2021 with a year-on-year growth rate of nearly 6.4% for flexible packaging formats such as blister packs & sachets and almost 12.9% for rigid packaging formats including vials and ampoules. This forecast is as per the better growth of key end-use industries, including pharmaceuticals, food & beverage, and cosmetics and personal care, which are the prime consumers of monodose packs.
- Sales of drugs and medicines for COVID-19 preventive and treatment are directly fueling the demand for monodose packs including blister packs, vials, and ampoules
- At the initial phases of lockdown, the supply chain for the monodose packs was disrupted due to an exponential increase in the cases caused due to pandemic; onset of time and government strategies to provide requirements started the economies once again and gradually the sales have increased
Monodose Packs Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global monodose packs market, providing forecast for the period of 2021-2029. In the study, growth opportunity for the monodose packs market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the monodose packs market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Monodose Packs Market Report
- What will be market size for monodose packs by the end of 2029?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the monodose packs market?
- Which packaging type is expected to be most preferred for monodose packs? What was its market size in 2020?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which are the top five countries of monodose packs market?
- Which end use holds maximum market share in the global monodose packs market?
- Who are major key players in the monodose packs market?
Key indicators associated with the monodose packs market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global monodose packs market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of monodose packs. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the monodose packs market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the monodose packs market are provided on the basis of packaging type, material type, product form, end use, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The monodose packs market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the monodose packs market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of monodose packs manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for monodose packs.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the monodose packs market report include Gerresheimer AG, Berry Global, Inc., AptarGroup, Inc., Amcor plc, UDG Healthcare plc, Huhtamaki Flexible Packaging, Schott AG, SGD S.A., Stevanato Group S.p.a., Nipro Corporation, Klockner Pentaplast Group, Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Winpak Ltd., Piramal Glass Private Limited, Hindustan National Glass & Industries Limited, ProAmpac LLC, Sonic Packaging Industries, Montebello Packaging Inc., Frigo Glass, and Glenroy, Inc.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the monodose packs market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the monodose packs market. The report has further gone through a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the monodose packs market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Monodose Packs Market – Segmentation
The global monodose packs market has been divided on the basis of packaging type, material type, product form, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.