Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market: Introduction
- Diagnostic testing is the backbone of a successful health care system which provides exact information that patients and health care providers need to make the right medical decisions. Diagnostics also offer accurate, quantitative metrics that guide the prevention, prediction, diagnosis, care, and effective management of health problems at any level.
- Molecular testing is a revolutionary and complex diagnostic field, contributing to understandings of many disease-revolutionizing health care systems in study and diagnosis. Molecular testing identifies and tests the involvement of proteins or genetic material associated with a particular clinical disorder or illness, seeks to reveal the root causes of the disease and allows physicians to adapt patient treatment and promote the practice of ‘personalized medicine’.
- Technological advancements coupled with government funding are expected to trigger the growth of the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market. Additionally, reduction in time and cost coupled with increase in need of customized molecular testing for infectious diseases augments the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market
- Rise in Prevalence of Infectious Diseases
- According to the WHO infectious disease surveillance data, infectious diseases such as gonorrhea, tuberculosis, campylobacteriosis, covid-19 or coronavirus, and salmonellosis account for a majority of the infectious diseases throughout the globe, and E. coli infection is the most common food-related infection.
- Thus, rise in prevalence of infectious diseases is likely to contribute to the growth of the molecular testing for infectious diseases market as these tests are among the most preferred methods for the detection of these diseases.
- Increase in Public and Private Funding
- The molecular testing for infectious diseases market witnessed a surge in funding that has expanded the real-time PCR research. Participants from different industries have funded several real-time PCR projects in academic and research institutions.
- Further, Europa Organisation, the European funding organization, supports innovative companies in the development of new products and conducts annual PCR conferences to identify potential innovators of PCR technology
- Similarly, in July 2016, Mobidiag Oy, a Finland-based molecular diagnostic company, received EUR 15 Mn loan (US$ 16.5 Mn) from European Investment Bank (EIB). This funding is expected to enable Mobidiag Oy to enhance its Amplidiag system, which includes multiplex tests for gastrointestinal infections. These tests employ real-time PCR to generate results.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market Report
Insulin Infusion Pumps Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of application, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be classified into HIV, hepatitis, sepsis, respiratory diseases, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted diseases, and others
- Based on test type, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be categorized into polymerase chain reaction, mass spectrometry, transcription mediated, amplification (TMA), hybridization, and others
- Based on end-user, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be divided into hospitals, research & academic institutes, diagnostic laboratories, and others
Europe to Dominate Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market by End of Forecast Period
- In terms of region, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The molecular testing for infectious disease market is largely centered in the U.S. The country’s dominance is due to major players such as Agilent Technologies and Abbott Laboratories that are based in the U.S.
- The U.S accounts for significant market share; however, it is anticipated to be overtaken by Europe, owing to the rise in number of manufacturers in the region. Moreover, the molecular testing for infectious diseases market in Europe is witnessing a high growth rate due to increase in prevalence of infectious diseases, advancements in molecular techniques, and growing awareness and acceptance of personalized medicine and companion diagnostics.
- Molecular diagnostics of infectious diseases, in particular, nucleic-acid-based methods, are the fastest growing field in clinical laboratory diagnostics. These applications are stepwise replacing or complementing biochemical, culture-based, and immunological assays in microbiology laboratories.
Leading Players Operating in Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market
The global molecular testing for infectious diseases market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market are:
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Alere, Inc.
- bioMérieux SA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Randox Laboratories, Ltd.
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market: Research Scope
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by Application
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by Test Type
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Mass Spectrometry
- Transcription Mediated Amplification (TMA)
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by End-user
- Research & Academic Institutes
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.