Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market: Introduction
- Diagnostic testing is the backbone of a successful health care system which provides exact information that patients and health care providers need to make the right medical decisions. Diagnostics also offer accurate, quantitative metrics that guide the prevention, prediction, diagnosis, care, and effective management of health problems at any level.
- Molecular testing is a revolutionary and complex diagnostic field, contributing to understandings of many disease-revolutionizing health care systems in study and diagnosis. Molecular testing identifies and tests the involvement of proteins or genetic material associated with a particular clinical disorder or illness, seeks to reveal the root causes of the disease and allows physicians to adapt patient treatment and promote the practice of ‘personalized medicine’.
- Technological advancements coupled with government funding are expected to trigger the growth of the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market. Additionally, reduction in time and cost coupled with increase in need of customized molecular testing for infectious diseases augments the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market
- Rise in Prevalence of Infectious Diseases
- According to the WHO infectious disease surveillance data, infectious diseases such as gonorrhea, tuberculosis, campylobacteriosis, covid-19 or coronavirus, and salmonellosis account for a majority of the infectious diseases throughout the globe, and E. coli infection is the most common food-related infection.
- Thus, rise in prevalence of infectious diseases is likely to contribute to the growth of the molecular testing for infectious diseases market as these tests are among the most preferred methods for the detection of these diseases.
- Increase in Public and Private Funding
- The molecular testing for infectious diseases market witnessed a surge in funding that has expanded the real-time PCR research. Participants from different industries have funded several real-time PCR projects in academic and research institutions.
- Further, Europa Organisation, the European funding organization, supports innovative companies in the development of new products and conducts annual PCR conferences to identify potential innovators of PCR technology
- Similarly, in July 2016, Mobidiag Oy, a Finland-based molecular diagnostic company, received EUR 15 Mn loan (US$ 16.5 Mn) from European Investment Bank (EIB). This funding is expected to enable Mobidiag Oy to enhance its Amplidiag system, which includes multiplex tests for gastrointestinal infections. These tests employ real-time PCR to generate results.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market Report
Insulin Infusion Pumps Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of application, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be classified into HIV, hepatitis, sepsis, respiratory diseases, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted diseases, and others
- Based on test type, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be categorized into polymerase chain reaction, mass spectrometry, transcription mediated, amplification (TMA), hybridization, and others
- Based on end-user, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be divided into hospitals, research & academic institutes, diagnostic laboratories, and others
Europe to Dominate Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market by End of Forecast Period
- In terms of region, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The molecular testing for infectious disease market is largely centered in the U.S. The country’s dominance is due to major players such as Agilent Technologies and Abbott Laboratories that are based in the U.S.
- The U.S accounts for significant market share; however, it is anticipated to be overtaken by Europe, owing to the rise in number of manufacturers in the region. Moreover, the molecular testing for infectious diseases market in Europe is witnessing a high growth rate due to increase in prevalence of infectious diseases, advancements in molecular techniques, and growing awareness and acceptance of personalized medicine and companion diagnostics.
- Molecular diagnostics of infectious diseases, in particular, nucleic-acid-based methods, are the fastest growing field in clinical laboratory diagnostics. These applications are stepwise replacing or complementing biochemical, culture-based, and immunological assays in microbiology laboratories.
Leading Players Operating in Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market
The global molecular testing for infectious diseases market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market are:
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Alere, Inc.
- bioMérieux SA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Randox Laboratories, Ltd.
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market: Research Scope
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by Application
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by Test Type
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Mass Spectrometry
- Transcription Mediated Amplification (TMA)
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by End-user
- Research & Academic Institutes
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Highlights of the report:
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.