Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market: Introduction
- Diagnostic testing is the backbone of a successful health care system which provides exact information that patients and health care providers need to make the right medical decisions. Diagnostics also offer accurate, quantitative metrics that guide the prevention, prediction, diagnosis, care, and effective management of health problems at any level.
- Molecular testing is a revolutionary and complex diagnostic field, contributing to understandings of many disease-revolutionizing health care systems in study and diagnosis. Molecular testing identifies and tests the involvement of proteins or genetic material associated with a particular clinical disorder or illness, seeks to reveal the root causes of the disease and allows physicians to adapt patient treatment and promote the practice of ‘personalized medicine’.
- Technological advancements coupled with government funding are expected to trigger the growth of the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market. Additionally, reduction in time and cost coupled with increase in need of customized molecular testing for infectious diseases augments the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market
- Rise in Prevalence of Infectious Diseases
- According to the WHO infectious disease surveillance data, infectious diseases such as gonorrhea, tuberculosis, campylobacteriosis, covid-19 or coronavirus, and salmonellosis account for a majority of the infectious diseases throughout the globe, and E. coli infection is the most common food-related infection.
- Thus, rise in prevalence of infectious diseases is likely to contribute to the growth of the molecular testing for infectious diseases market as these tests are among the most preferred methods for the detection of these diseases.
- Increase in Public and Private Funding
- The molecular testing for infectious diseases market witnessed a surge in funding that has expanded the real-time PCR research. Participants from different industries have funded several real-time PCR projects in academic and research institutions.
- Further, Europa Organisation, the European funding organization, supports innovative companies in the development of new products and conducts annual PCR conferences to identify potential innovators of PCR technology
- Similarly, in July 2016, Mobidiag Oy, a Finland-based molecular diagnostic company, received EUR 15 Mn loan (US$ 16.5 Mn) from European Investment Bank (EIB). This funding is expected to enable Mobidiag Oy to enhance its Amplidiag system, which includes multiplex tests for gastrointestinal infections. These tests employ real-time PCR to generate results.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market Report
Insulin Infusion Pumps Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of application, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be classified into HIV, hepatitis, sepsis, respiratory diseases, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted diseases, and others
- Based on test type, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be categorized into polymerase chain reaction, mass spectrometry, transcription mediated, amplification (TMA), hybridization, and others
- Based on end-user, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be divided into hospitals, research & academic institutes, diagnostic laboratories, and others
Europe to Dominate Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market by End of Forecast Period
- In terms of region, the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The molecular testing for infectious disease market is largely centered in the U.S. The country’s dominance is due to major players such as Agilent Technologies and Abbott Laboratories that are based in the U.S.
- The U.S accounts for significant market share; however, it is anticipated to be overtaken by Europe, owing to the rise in number of manufacturers in the region. Moreover, the molecular testing for infectious diseases market in Europe is witnessing a high growth rate due to increase in prevalence of infectious diseases, advancements in molecular techniques, and growing awareness and acceptance of personalized medicine and companion diagnostics.
- Molecular diagnostics of infectious diseases, in particular, nucleic-acid-based methods, are the fastest growing field in clinical laboratory diagnostics. These applications are stepwise replacing or complementing biochemical, culture-based, and immunological assays in microbiology laboratories.
Leading Players Operating in Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market
The global molecular testing for infectious diseases market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global molecular testing for infectious diseases market are:
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Alere, Inc.
- bioMérieux SA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Randox Laboratories, Ltd.
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market: Research Scope
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by Application
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by Test Type
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Mass Spectrometry
- Transcription Mediated Amplification (TMA)
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by End-user
- Research & Academic Institutes
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Molecular Testing for Infectious Diseases Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.