Moisturizers: An effective agent to treat dry skin
- Moisturizers help in treating dry skin and prevent it from drying out again. Moisturizers hold water in the stratum corneum which is the outermost layer of the skin. Apart from preventing skin from drying out, moisturizers also help in protecting the skin by creating a barrier that keeps oil from escaping and harmful outside elements from causing dryness or irritation.
- Numerous types of moisturizers are available in the market as per different skin types such as dry, oily, and sensitive skin. People with normal skin require a light moisturizer that contains natural oils, whereas people with dry skin require heavier lotions with humectants to lock in moisture. For oily skin, oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizers, which do not clog the pores are required. People with sensitive skin look for moisturizers that are fragrance-free.
Key Drivers of the Global Moisturizers Market
- Increasing awareness about the benefits of healthy skin due to rising skin concerns has resulted in consistent rise in demand for a variety of skin care products. Demand for anti-aging products, and sun screen lotions and creams as moisturizers have seen exponential growth in the last couple of years, with rising aging population globally and extreme weather conditions.
- Additionally, rise in demand for male grooming products, especially facial care products is one of the key driving factors for the growth of the global moisturizers market. Younger population aged above 15 years is becoming more proactive in the facial skin care category. Increasing awareness regarding the benefits of grooming among men has led to the growth of the moisturizers market.
- Growth of online platforms such as Amazon and Alibaba and various other social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram have also helped in propelling the growth of the moisturizers market. Growing number of beauty vloggers on YouTube, sharing product reviews as well as Instagram posts by celebrity stars influence users to opt for such products. This in turn has resulted in growth of the moisturizers market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Organic and Natural Moisturizers to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Rising awareness about the use of natural or organic products among millennial is anticipated to create new opportunities for organic based moisturizers. Additionally, manufacturers are moving toward green and organic products in order to tap a major chunk of population who favor such products.
Availability of Oil Based Substitutes to Hamper the Moisturizers Market
- Moisturizers face stiff competition from various natural oil based substitutes such as coconut oil, almond oil, Aloe Vera gel, and cocoa butter. This is likely to hinder the market during the forecast period.
- Oil based substitutes prove to be best alternatives for the mass market. Additionally, these products are less expensive and are readily available in the market. This is anticipated to restrain the growth of the moisturizers market.
Asia Pacific Offers Growth Avenues for the Global Moisturizers Market
- Beauty industry in the Asia Pacific region is expected to be very promising for the next couple of years. Growing economies in China, India, and many other Southeast Asian countries has resulted in improved living standards. Increasing disposable income coupled with increasing awareness among all age groups about better skin care is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period.
- North America and Europe are becoming saturated markets for skin care products manufacturers who are shifting toward developing economies having high purchasing capacity.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global moisturizers market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 10% - 15% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global moisturizer market are:
- L’Oréal Group
- ELCA Cosmetics Pvt. Ltd.
- Procter & Gamble
- Coty Inc.
- Shiseido Co., Ltd.
- Beiersdorf AG
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Amorepacific Corporation
- Kao Corporation
- New Avon Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Moisturizers Market, ask for a customized report
Global Moisturizer Market: Research Scope
Global Moisturizer Market, by Product Type
- Humectants (Moisture Absorbers)
- Emollients (Space Fillers)
- Ceramide (Glue Skin)
- Occlusives (Moisture sealers)
Global Moisturizer Market, by Skin Type
- Dry Skin
- Sensitive Skin
- Oily Skin
- Normal Skin
Global Moisturizer Market, by End-user
Global Moisturizer Market, by Age
- Less than 15 years
- Between 15-25 years
- Between 26-30 years
- Between 30-50 years
- Above 50 years
Global Moisturizer Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company Owned Portals
- E-commerce Portals
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Other retail based stores
Global Moisturizer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.