Moisturizers: An effective agent to treat dry skin
- Moisturizers help in treating dry skin and prevent it from drying out again. Moisturizers hold water in the stratum corneum which is the outermost layer of the skin. Apart from preventing skin from drying out, moisturizers also help in protecting the skin by creating a barrier that keeps oil from escaping and harmful outside elements from causing dryness or irritation.
- Numerous types of moisturizers are available in the market as per different skin types such as dry, oily, and sensitive skin. People with normal skin require a light moisturizer that contains natural oils, whereas people with dry skin require heavier lotions with humectants to lock in moisture. For oily skin, oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizers, which do not clog the pores are required. People with sensitive skin look for moisturizers that are fragrance-free.
Key Drivers of the Global Moisturizers Market
- Increasing awareness about the benefits of healthy skin due to rising skin concerns has resulted in consistent rise in demand for a variety of skin care products. Demand for anti-aging products, and sun screen lotions and creams as moisturizers have seen exponential growth in the last couple of years, with rising aging population globally and extreme weather conditions.
- Additionally, rise in demand for male grooming products, especially facial care products is one of the key driving factors for the growth of the global moisturizers market. Younger population aged above 15 years is becoming more proactive in the facial skin care category. Increasing awareness regarding the benefits of grooming among men has led to the growth of the moisturizers market.
- Growth of online platforms such as Amazon and Alibaba and various other social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram have also helped in propelling the growth of the moisturizers market. Growing number of beauty vloggers on YouTube, sharing product reviews as well as Instagram posts by celebrity stars influence users to opt for such products. This in turn has resulted in growth of the moisturizers market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Organic and Natural Moisturizers to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Rising awareness about the use of natural or organic products among millennial is anticipated to create new opportunities for organic based moisturizers. Additionally, manufacturers are moving toward green and organic products in order to tap a major chunk of population who favor such products.
Availability of Oil Based Substitutes to Hamper the Moisturizers Market
- Moisturizers face stiff competition from various natural oil based substitutes such as coconut oil, almond oil, Aloe Vera gel, and cocoa butter. This is likely to hinder the market during the forecast period.
- Oil based substitutes prove to be best alternatives for the mass market. Additionally, these products are less expensive and are readily available in the market. This is anticipated to restrain the growth of the moisturizers market.
Asia Pacific Offers Growth Avenues for the Global Moisturizers Market
- Beauty industry in the Asia Pacific region is expected to be very promising for the next couple of years. Growing economies in China, India, and many other Southeast Asian countries has resulted in improved living standards. Increasing disposable income coupled with increasing awareness among all age groups about better skin care is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period.
- North America and Europe are becoming saturated markets for skin care products manufacturers who are shifting toward developing economies having high purchasing capacity.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global moisturizers market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 10% - 15% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global moisturizer market are:
- L’Oréal Group
- ELCA Cosmetics Pvt. Ltd.
- Procter & Gamble
- Coty Inc.
- Shiseido Co., Ltd.
- Beiersdorf AG
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Amorepacific Corporation
- Kao Corporation
- New Avon Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Moisturizers Market, ask for a customized report
Global Moisturizer Market: Research Scope
Global Moisturizer Market, by Product Type
- Humectants (Moisture Absorbers)
- Emollients (Space Fillers)
- Ceramide (Glue Skin)
- Occlusives (Moisture sealers)
Global Moisturizer Market, by Skin Type
- Dry Skin
- Sensitive Skin
- Oily Skin
- Normal Skin
Global Moisturizer Market, by End-user
Global Moisturizer Market, by Age
- Less than 15 years
- Between 15-25 years
- Between 26-30 years
- Between 30-50 years
- Above 50 years
Global Moisturizer Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company Owned Portals
- E-commerce Portals
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Other retail based stores
Global Moisturizer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.