Modular Contactor Market: Introduction
Modular contactor is a remote controlled electromagnetic device. It is used as a switching device (to turn power on and off in a circuit). The force to close and open the contact is generated by an electromagnet. There are several types of contactors such as electromagnetic, electro-pneumatic, pneumatic, and interlocking contactors. These use AC and DC networks (depending on the type). Modular contactor is primarily used to control a powerful electric motor
- Modular contactor is a switching device used to control small capacitance loads without buzzing sound during operation. It can be installed on din rails. It is compact and can be used in small control cabinets. The functionality of a module contactor is the same as the power contactor.
- The module contactor coil is energized
- The main contact position changes (from normally open to normally close or from normally close to normally open)
- Electric energy is transmitted from the power supply end to the load end
- The power contactor generates a buzzing sound during the switching process. This disturbing noise can be heard even when the cabinet door is closed. Modular contactors ensure quiet operation. Hence, it is also called a silent switch. This is the key feature that distinguishes the module breaker from the circuit breaker.
- Modular contactors are the first choice in indoor applications due to their quiet operation. They are utilized in various applications in hotels and residences to control the lighting load. These devices can also be used to control small fans, water pumps, elevators, and radiators.
Rise in Demand for Modular Contactors in Railway Industry
- In terms of end-use industry, railway is projected to be the fastest growing segment of the global modular contactor market during the forecast period due to increase in use of modular contactors for door control on trains and mobile device charging.
- A modular contactor can be utilized in advanced technological applications such as cooling & refrigeration, solar power system, air conditioning, street light, and car park lighting
- Rise in adoption of modular contactors in street lights, car park lighting, and solar power systems propels the market
Europe to Lead Global Modular Contactor Market
- In terms of region, the modular contactor market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The modular contactor market in Europe is projected to grow at a rapid pace from 2021 to 2031. This is attributed to increase in applications in industries such railway because of technological advancements. The modular contactor market in the region is anticipated to witness strong growth due to presence of major players and increased competition among them.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to experience steady growth during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Modular Contactor Market
The global modular contactor market is highly fragmented due to presence of large number of medium and large enterprises. Rise in demand for modular contactors in the railway industry has induced companies to invest in the development of technologically advanced products.
Key players operating in the global modular contactor market are:
- Eaton Corporation
- FINDER S.p.A.
- ABB Ltd.
- Schneider Electric
- ETI Elektroelement d.o.o.
- LOVATO Electric S.p.A.
- R. STAHL AG
- Zhejiang ETEK Electrical Technology Co, Ltd.
- Yueqing Boomgi Electric Co, Ltd.
Global Modular Contactor Market: Research Scope
Global Modular Contactor Market, by Type
Global Modular Contactor Market, by Application
- Mobile Charging
- Others (lighting control, air conditioning, etc.)
Global Modular Contactor Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverage
- Oil & Gas
- Others (mining, metals, and minerals, etc.)
Global Modular Contactor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.