Modular Anatomic Reconstruction Market: Introduction
- Reconstructive surgery is carried out to restore function and structure of a body. Reconstructive surgery is different from cosmetic surgery. Reconstructive surgery treats a wide range of congenital and acquired conditions. It is performed to repair and reshape body structures affected by birth defects, trauma/injuries, developmental abnormalities, tumors, infections, and diseases.
- Reconstructive surgeries correct deformities (due to birth defects) ,trauma, or medical conditions such as cancer. Examples include cleft lip and palate repair, breast reconstruction, reconstructive surgery after burn injuries, etc.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Modular Anatomic Reconstruction Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Modular Anatomic Reconstruction Market
- Increase in the number of reconstructive surgeries is driving the modular anatomic reconstruction market. For instance, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, historically, less popular procedures increased in popularity significantly in 2018. These include thigh lifts, (up by 24%), chin augmentation, (up by 20%), and breast reduction (up by 18%).
- Technological advancements, including the development of a synthetic material called hyperelastic bone – readily produced by 3D-printing, offers a powerful new tool for use in reconstructing skull, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Recent technological advancements in biomedical engineering software have led to high-performance of various implants using cutting guides, which are specifically designed using 3D modelling of patients affected area, such as the knee.
- Shortcomings of graft materials regarding reconstructive surgery is anticipated to hinder the growth of the global modular anatomic reconstruction market. Some of the demerits associated with grafts are immunogenic rejection, disease transmission, infection, etc. These factors are expected to hamper the growth of the modular anatomic reconstruction market.
- Emerging countries, such as India, Brazil, etc., are anticipated to be highly lucrative modular anatomic reconstruction markets offering significant opportunities. Growth in geriatric population, rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, requirement for surgical procedures, increase in the number of trauma cases, initiatives by government etc., are factors that are likely to offer growth opportunities to the players operating in the modular anatomic reconstruction market.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Modular Anatomic Reconstruction Market
- In terms of region, the global modular anatomic reconstruction market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global modular anatomic reconstruction market. Rise in patient population, technological advancements, increase in reconstructive surgeries, growth in the number of skilled medical professionals, etc., are expected to propel the growth of the modular anatomic reconstruction market in North America.
- The modular anatomic reconstruction market in Asia Pacific is likely to witness rapid growth during the forecast period due to awareness about minimally invasive procedures and reconstructive surgeries. The prevalence and incidence of trauma cases is increasing in the region. According to the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, in India, in 2017, of the total 4,64,910 road accidents recorded in the country, 1,41,466 (30.4%) took place on National Highways (NH), including Expressways, 1,16,158 (25.0%) on State Highways (SH), and 2,07,286 (44.6%) on other roads. In case of fatalities, accidents on the NH accounted for 53,181 (36.0%) deaths, SH recorded 39,812 (26.9%), and other roads witnessed 54,920 (37.1%) deaths.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Modular Anatomic Reconstruction Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players are focusing on technological advancements and efficiency in the modular anatomic reconstruction market. The demand for reconstructive surgeries has increased in emerging as well as developed economies. Industry players are adopting inorganic growth strategies, such as partnerships, mergers, products approvals, acquisitions, etc. to grow in the global market. For instance, in September 2016, Stryker's Endoscopy division announced that it has acquired Ivy Sports Medicine, LLC, whose portfolio comprised a comprehensive minimally invasive meniscal repair platform. The addition of Ivy Sports Medicine's portfolio enables Stryker to provide customers with a complete meniscal platform to serve their patients better. Leading players operating in the global modular anatomic reconstruction market are:
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
- DePuy Synthes
- Zimmer Biomet
- Japan MDM, Inc.
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- CONMED Corporation
- Other Prominent Players
Global Modular Anatomic Reconstruction Market: Research Scope
Global Modular Anatomic Reconstruction Market, by Type
- Implants or Prostheses
- Soft Tissue Grafts
- Tissue Expanders
- Others (Mesh, Flap Surgery, etc.)
Global Modular Anatomic Reconstruction Market, by Application
- Bone Reconstruction
- Joint Reconstruction
- Tandem & Ligament Reconstruction
- Vascular Reconstruction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Facial Reconstruction
- Others (Abdominal, Heart, Hernia, etc.)
Global Modular Anatomic Reconstruction Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
Global Modular Anatomic Reconstruction Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.