Mixed-signal Integrated Circuits Market: Introduction
- Mixed-signal integrated circuit is a combination of an analog integrated circuit and digital integrated circuit on a single semiconductor chip. Mixed-signal ICs are widely used to convert analog signals to digital signals for processing by digital devices.
- These ICs are utilized for dual capabilities of conversion of signals, i.e. digital into analog and analog into digital conversions
- Mixed signal devices are available as standard components; however, custom designed application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) are designed for new applications, new standards are emerging, and new energy source(s) are implemented in the system. Therefore, it is estimated that the production volume is high.
- ICs are generally categorized as digital (such as microprocessor) or analog (such as operational amplifier). Chips in this category are increasing in capacities, especially with the increased use of 3G, 4G, 5G, Smartphones, and other portable technologies.
- Mixed signal IC are an integral part of FM (Frequency Modulation) tuners for digital products such as media players, with digital amplifiers. Any analog signal (FM radio transmission, a light wave or a sound) can be digitized with a very simple analog-to-digital converter. The smallest and most energy-efficient of these is the mixed-signal IC.
- Mixed-signal ICs are important features in various applications in consumer electronics, security and surveillance, automotive, healthcare, telecommunications, IoT, and industrial equipment
- Mixed signal integrated circuits are extensively employed in consumer electronics applications. Thus, a rise in penetration of smartphones and other portable electronics devices is particularly driving the production of mixed signal integrated circuits.
Rising Demand for Mixed-signal Integrated Circuits in Consumer Electronics and Telecommunication Industries
- Based on end-use industry, the global market can be segmented into consumer electronics, telecommunication, healthcare, automotive, aerospace and defense, industrial, and others
- The consumer electronics segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the increasing use of mixed-signal integrated circuits for smartphones, led drivers, tablets, notebooks, and other electronic devices, etc.
- Presently, 5G technology is driving the demand for high frequency switching circuits. These switching circuits are more commonly used in mixed-signal integrated circuits.
- Moreover, Adoption of 5G and other wireless technologies has made mixed-signal ICs more popular in the telecommunications industry
- Increasing use of mixed-signal integrated circuits for advanced technology in 5G Network and low power consumption devices is further propelling the market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Mixed-signal Integrated Circuits Market
- In terms of region, the global mixed-signal integrated circuits market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The mixed-signal integrated circuits market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the high growth rate during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to extensive application of mixed-signal integrated circuits in various industries such consumer electronics and telecommunication because of the increasing use of 5G technology and wireless technologies, which increase the need for innovative and advanced technology in the telecommunication and consumer electronics industries. This is a key factor boosting the demand for mixed-signal integrated circuits across the globe.
- The mixed-signal integrated circuits market in Asia Pacific is also expected to expand in the near future due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in North America is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Mixed-signal Integrated Circuits Market
Major players engaged in the global mixed-signal integrated circuits market are focusing on advance functionalities, technological advancements and expansions to cater to the rising demand for mixed-signal integrated circuits. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technology products.
Key players operating in the global mixed-signal integrated circuits market include:
- Broadcom, Inc.
- Akronic, P.C.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- NXP Semiconductors
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- Telephonics Corporation
- Ensilica Limited
Global Mixed-signal Integrated Circuits Market: Research Scope
Global Mixed-signal Integrated Circuits Market, by Type
- Mixed Signal SoC
- Data Converter
Global Mixed-signal Integrated Circuits Market, by Application
- Led Drivers
- Others (Unmanned Arial vehicles, UART etc.)
Global Mixed-signal Integrated Circuits Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronic
- Others (Aerospace and Defense, Industrial etc.)
Global Mixed-signal Integrated Circuits Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!