Minimally Invasive Spinal Devices Market: Introduction
- Minimally invasive spinal devices are employed for the treatment of spinal disorders. Usage of minimally invasive devices has been increasing owing to minimal incisions made on the body by these devices, prevention of damage to the spinal muscles, faster recovery, and lesser pain
- Minimally invasive surgery, also known as less invasive spinal surgery, is commonly preferred when medication therapy and physical therapy are not successful in treating back pain
- Minimally invasive surgeries are primarily employed for the treatment of tumor conditions, disc herniation, infection, lumbar degenerative diseases, and fractures
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Minimally Invasive Spinal Devices Market
- Prevalence of degenerative spine conditions has been increasing and is known to be of common occurrence in the population. According to the WHO, 80% to 90% of the population in the U.S. is affected by degenerative spine diseases whose symptoms range from back pain to severe limitations in mobility. Rise in prevalence of spinal diseases is likely to propel the minimally invasive spinal devices market.
- Rise in interest toward minimally invasive procedures, owing to shorter scars of surgery, shorter hospital stays, reduced bleeding, and the lesser risk of infections further boost the minimally invasive spinal devices market. Furthermore, minimally invasive spine fusion procedures are known to reduce approach-related morbidity, prevent the disruption of tendon attachment sites of important muscles in the spine, avoid muscle crash injury, and minimize the collateral soft-tissue injury, which in turn boost the minimally invasive spinal devices market.
North America to Lead Global Minimally Invasive Spinal Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global minimally invasive spinal devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global minimally invasive spinal devices market in 2019, owing to an increase in product approvals in the region in line with the increasing demand for minimally-invasive surgeries in the region. For instance, in October 2017, NuVasive, a leading player in the market received U.S. FDA 510(K) clearance for its TLX interbody system, which are employed in a minimally invasive approach for the TLIF procedure, the MAS TLIF.
- Europe was the second-largest market for minimally invasive spinal devices in 2019. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Expansion of the market in India can be attributed to an increase in population and awareness among people in the country. Additionally, growing medical tourism in Asia Pacific, owing to the low cost of treatment, further boosts the market in the region. Growing focus of governments of countries in Asia on enhancing healthcare facilities, increase in focus of market players on Asia Pacific to leverage growth opportunities, and increase in the patient pool propel the global minimally invasive spinal devices market.
Key Players Operating in Global Minimally Invasive Spinal Devices Market
Major market players are focused on expansion of their presence in the minimally invasive spinal devices market primarily by adopting inorganic growth strategies. Leading players in the global minimally invasive spinal devices market are:
- NuVasive, Inc.
- DePuy Synthes
- Stryker Corporation
- Globus Medical
- Cook Medical
- Alphatec Spine Inc.
Global Minimally Invasive Spinal Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Minimally Invasive Spinal Devices Market, by Technique
- Percutaneous Pedicle Screw-Rod Fixation
- Cervical Fixation
- Trans-sacral Fixation
Global Minimally Invasive Spinal Devices Market, by Application
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal tumors
- Spinal deformities
Global Minimally Invasive Spinal Devices Market, by End-user
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!