The military light utility vehicle is a small in size manufactured for military. They are relatively light and short compared to other cars and trucks. The military light utility vehicles are unarmored and have small body projections for all-terrain mobility and capacity of at least 4 passenger.
Based on product, the military light utility vehicles market is segmented into jeep, SUV, bus and others. Among various product, in 2016, the jeep segment dominated the military light utility vehicles market and expected to be the same during the forecast period of 2017 – 2025. The growing demand for military light utility vehicle from commercial sector is one of the major factor boosting the market. In addition, SUV segment is also anticipated to witness the highest growth in the coming years.
Based on end user, the military light utility vehicles market is segmented into defense and commercial. Among various end user, in 2016, the defense segment dominated the military light utility vehicles market followed by commercial and expected to be the same during the forecast period of 2017 – 2025. Increase in the demand of weapons in several developing countries such as China, India, Saudi Arabia and Brazil among others is one of the major factor boosting the demand of military light utility vehicles in defense segment.
The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to be the key growth area for armor in the coming years. India, China, Malaysia, the Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand and South Korea all have armored vehicle replacements in the coming years. Middle East nations such as the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia are re-equipping as conflict continues in Iraq and Syria.
By geography, the military light utility vehicles market has been segmented into five regions namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Latin America. North America is a major customer and manufacturer of military light utility vehicles and it is distant first from other regions in terms of market share with only Europe next to it by a huge margin in the market share. The impact of its dominance is such that the military light utility vehicles market relies heavily on the U.S. defense budget and military spending. Europe is the second largest market in military light utility vehicles. In 2016, the U.K. holds highest share of the market among other countries in Europe and expected to be the same during the forecast period. Owing to rising number of conflicts, government concern to protect civilians from damages has increased in the recent years which in turn expected to boost the market for the military light utility vehicles in the coming years. Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period of 2017 – 2025. Emerging markets are anticipated to be prominent sources of defense spending on military light utility vehicles as their economies are expected to grow over the forecast period. Countries such as China, Japan, and India have increased their defense spending significantly over the past decade, thus creating significant scope for adoption of military light utility vehicles. Rapid technological developments, potential conflicts, re-alignment of forces, and changing economic climate are some of the major factor boosting the market for military light utility vehicles in Middle East and Africa. In Latin America, high military spending in several countries such as Brazil, Ecuador and Chile among others has propelled the growth of military light utility vehicles market.
Some of the major players in the military light utility vehicles market include are BAE Systems (United Kingdom), General Dynamics Corporation (United States), Thales Group (France) and Lockheed Martin Corporation (United States). These key players are targeting the emerging economies and are applying several methods to increase their market share. In addition, some of the other major players Mercedes Benz (Germany), Volkswagen AG (Germany), Boeing International (United States), Elbit Systems Ltd. (Israel), International Armored Group (United States) and INKAS Armored Vehicle Manufacturing (Canada) among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.