Global Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market – Introduction
- Military land vehicle electronics are used in military land vehicles to enable navigation, communication, and observation in the exchange of intra-vehicular or inter-vehicular information. They are used in the military to increase warfare capabilities in surveillance, intelligence, and reconnaissance missions. This is expected to enhance the demand for military land vehicle electronics across the world.
- The growing trend of an open reference architecture system is augmented by an increasing need for military land vehicle electronics, which is turn is expected to fuel the market. Besides, armored fighting vehicles (AFVs) are equipped with networked information technology, so as to provide them with combat capabilities and optimal situational awareness. This in turn is expected to boost the military land vehicle electronics market over the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market –Dynamics
Key Drivers of the Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market
- Significant demand for military land vehicle electronics is expected to drive the growth of the market across the world, due to rising population who need increased land protection.
- Rising demand for new sighting devices, infrared cameras, and thermal imaging systems is expected to contribute significantly to the growth of the global military land vehicle electronics market.
- Increasing complexities in war techniques has resulted in bigger requirement for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) activities, which is expected to drive the military land vehicle electronics market.
- Increasing research and development investment for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems, such as infrared vision systems, thermal sights, and laser target designators across developed and developing countries is expected to accelerate the growth of the military land vehicle electronics market.
Restraints of the Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market
- High cost of military land vehicle electronics and their maintenance is one of the negative factors that can restrain the growth of the military land vehicle electronics market.
- The new trend in developed countries to produce their own defense equipment is also an issue hampering the import of vehicles from other countries. This can adversely impact the global military land vehicle electronics market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market during the Forecast Period
- North America is expected to hold significant share of the military land vehicle electronics market over the forecast period. In Addition to it, the U.S. is mostly maintaining and upgrading its existing military fleets rather than replacing them with new ones.
- Europe is projected to hold substantial share in the global military land vehicle electronics market during the forecast period owing to increased investment in research and development for the growth of advanced military land vehicle electronics.
- The military land vehicle electronics market is likely to grow at a significant rate in Asia Pacific during the forecast period due to rising terrorist attacks across the region.
Global Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market –Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global military land vehicle electronics market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 35%–40% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global military land vehicle electronics market are listed below:
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- General Electric
- Gresham Power Electronics Limited
- Kalyani Strategic Systems Ltd.
- Leonardo DRS, Inc.
- Mahindra Emirates Vehicle Armouring
- Rheinmetall AG
- Saab AB
- Thales Group
- Thomas Electronics
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
In September 2017, Kongsberg and Thales Group signed an extension to their agreement for providing remote weapon systems to British defense forces, which was made in 2007.
Global Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market –Research Scope
The global military land vehicle electronics market can be segmented based on:
- Vehicle Type
- System Type
Global Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market, by Vehicle Type
- Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Vehicles
- Main Battle Tanks
- Armored Personnel Carrier
- Light Protected Vehicles
- Infantry Fighting Vehicles
- Amphibious Armored Vehicles
Global Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market, by System Type
- Observation, Display & Computing Systems
- Weapon Control Systems
- Vehicle Protection Systems
- C3 & C4ISR/EW Systems
- Navigation Systems
- Sensor & Control Systems
- Power Systems
Global Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market, by Applications
Global Military Land Vehicle Electronics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.