Global Military Body-worn Camera Market: Snapshot
Body worn cameras are video recording systems that are typically used by military and law and order personnel to record communications of the general population or collect video confirmations at various circumstances. These are the closed circuit TV that contain a camera, an amplifier and an inward information stockpiling enabling the video and sound to be broken down and put away with good programming. The size of the cameras are small.
The market for military body worn camera is benefitting from the rising need for accountability and transparency in police conduct. Apart from that, their use in supporting military training and operations is also driving demand. Posing a challenge to their sales, on the other hand, is the high cost of body worn cameras. As a result the products have not been able to make much headway in sales in developing regions of the world.
The market for global military body-worn camera is highly competitive on account of the presence of a copious number of multinational and local players. The multinational players account for a dominant share in the market due to their wide-ranging product portfolio.
With varied emerging needs in the defense and security sector, the market is seeing healthy demand in more sophisticated products outfitted with cutting-edge technology. Sensing an opportunity in this, keen players in the market are seen expending time and money on product development.
Body worn cameras are the video recording system that are usually utilized by the law enforcement and military personnel to record interactions with the public or to accumulate video evidences at different situations. These are the closed circuit television that comprises of a camera, a microphone and an internal data storage allowing the video and audio to be analyzed and stored with compatible software. These cameras are small in size and are clipped on the uniform, glass integrated, button pinhole, mounted on the helmet, and clipped on the holster depending on the mission type that is undertaken.
Auto recording body worn cameras are cameras with several storing and data sharing facilities and these cameras are integrated into eyewear which is an important trend in the global military body worn camera market. Cameras integrated into eyewear is an important trend in this market since they are much convenient and are not visible to other persons.
The military body worn camera market is primarily driven by the increasing need for accountability and transparency of the police conduct. Another important driver in this market is that it supports military training and operations. Use of body worn cameras by security guards and transit security is also bolstering the demand of military body worn cameras in the global market during the forecast period.
High cost of these body worn cameras is one of the most important factors setting back the growth of military body worn cameras in the global market. Due to this factor, penetration of this product is less globally, especially in the developing regions. Another important restraining factor in this market is the continuous operation of these cameras leads to wear out of the product quickly which is unfavorable for the market growth.
The military body worn camera market is bifurcated based on end user into defense sector and homeland security sector. The homeland security market accounted for the highest market revenue share in 2016 and is likely to continue to lead the market during the forecast period. The homeland security consists of law enforcement agencies such as crime investigators, traffic police, security officers, guards, city police force and intelligence gathering departments. These departments work with the police department on a regular basis and are essential to gather and safeguard evidence to support claims. Additionally, numerous law enforcement agencies across the globe have been taking initiatives to reinforce public confidence in police forces and to increase the communication between the public and police that is likely to head to the increased acceptance of military body-worn camera over the next couple of years. Based on components, the market is bifurcated into cameras, sensors, microphones, battery, and data storage among others.
The geographical split of the market comprises of North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Latin America. North America held the highest market revenue share followed by Europe and Asia Pacific.
The global military body-worn camera market is very competitive with the existence of numerous regional and multinational players. The multinational players proposes heterogeneous services and products like tailored products according to the necessity of clients and the nature of duties. With varying requirements in the defense and security sector, the market is experiencing a growing demand for newer technologies and products. The consequent increase in security needs and the growing global urban population is likely to have a positive influence on the progress of the market in the coming years. The vendors are likely to register a significant increase in the demand for their services and products.
Some of the major players in the global military body worn camera market are Digital Ally, VIEVU, GoPro,Wolfcom, B-Cam, TASER International, Black Mamba Protection, Martel Electronics BODYCAM, and Reveal Media among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.