Microfluidic Immunoassay Market: Overview
- The immunoassay is one of the important analytical techniques based on molecular recognition between antibody and antigen that allows for detection of molecules with high specificity and sensitivity. Immunoassays are being widely used for the quantification of target molecules in many applications, such as proteomics, clinical diagnostics, pharmaceutical research, and basic biological investigations.
- In recent years, the use of microfluidic chips for immunoassays has been extensively explored. Combination of microfluidics and immunoassays provides a promising platform for various sensitive and automatic point-of-care (PoC) diagnostics.
- Microfluidic systems, also termed as lab-on-a-chip and the micro total analysis system, have shown promising results in immunosensor platforms. Microfluidic immunosensors provide significant advantages over conventional immunoassay methods, such as a high surface-to-volume ratio for efficient mass transport in immunoreactions, thus allowing for fast analysis; a miniaturized micro channel dimension to minimize the consumption of samples and reagents; and automated integration with other functions, such as pumps, valves, detectors, and mixers to attain a point-of-care (PoC) goal.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Microfluidic Immunoassay Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market
- Advancements in microfluidic immunosensors, rise in burden of diseases, and need for novel diagnostic techniques are expected to drive the global microfluidic immunoassay market
- Fast and progressive growth in the field of pharmaceutical and biotechnology drives the development of innovative and powerful sensing technique for detection and process optimization of biomolecules at very low concentrations. Microcantilever is one of the promising label-free techniques for biosensing applications, which has gained attention due to its fast response, small size, high sensitivity, and compatible integration into lab-on-a-chip devices.
- Microfluidic immunosensors possess remarkable features that surpass those of conventional immunosensing systems. These features include operational automation, reduced consumption of reagents and samples, compact size, cheap unit cost, and low power consumption.
- Increase in technological advances in instruments and label-free detection technologies and advantages of microfluidic immunosensors over conventional techniques are some of the factors anticipated to drive the global microfluidic immunoassay market during the forecast period
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period. Increase in research & development activities in the field of diagnostics, adoption of advanced testing techniques and presence of major players in life sciences industry, large number of research institutes, and growing need for new and improved therapies to address medical conditions, are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
- Economic growth in India, China, Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has improved the health care infrastructure and accessibility to innovative products and health care services. Moreover, rise in incidence of non-communicable and infectious diseases along with aging population and increase in disposable income are expected to drive the microfluidics immunoassay market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Microfluidic Immunoassay Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market
Major players operating in the global microfluidic immunoassay market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Nan?mix, Inc.
- Micropoint Bioscience, Inc.
- Biosurfit SA
- Quidel Corporation
Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market: Research Scope
Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market, by Product Type
- Microfluidic Analyzers
- Microfluidic Cartridges
Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market, by Technology
- Optical Immunosensors
- Electrochemical Immunosensors
- Mechanical Immunosensors
Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.