Microfluidic Immunoassay Market: Overview
- The immunoassay is one of the important analytical techniques based on molecular recognition between antibody and antigen that allows for detection of molecules with high specificity and sensitivity. Immunoassays are being widely used for the quantification of target molecules in many applications, such as proteomics, clinical diagnostics, pharmaceutical research, and basic biological investigations.
- In recent years, the use of microfluidic chips for immunoassays has been extensively explored. Combination of microfluidics and immunoassays provides a promising platform for various sensitive and automatic point-of-care (PoC) diagnostics.
- Microfluidic systems, also termed as lab-on-a-chip and the micro total analysis system, have shown promising results in immunosensor platforms. Microfluidic immunosensors provide significant advantages over conventional immunoassay methods, such as a high surface-to-volume ratio for efficient mass transport in immunoreactions, thus allowing for fast analysis; a miniaturized micro channel dimension to minimize the consumption of samples and reagents; and automated integration with other functions, such as pumps, valves, detectors, and mixers to attain a point-of-care (PoC) goal.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Microfluidic Immunoassay Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market
- Advancements in microfluidic immunosensors, rise in burden of diseases, and need for novel diagnostic techniques are expected to drive the global microfluidic immunoassay market
- Fast and progressive growth in the field of pharmaceutical and biotechnology drives the development of innovative and powerful sensing technique for detection and process optimization of biomolecules at very low concentrations. Microcantilever is one of the promising label-free techniques for biosensing applications, which has gained attention due to its fast response, small size, high sensitivity, and compatible integration into lab-on-a-chip devices.
- Microfluidic immunosensors possess remarkable features that surpass those of conventional immunosensing systems. These features include operational automation, reduced consumption of reagents and samples, compact size, cheap unit cost, and low power consumption.
- Increase in technological advances in instruments and label-free detection technologies and advantages of microfluidic immunosensors over conventional techniques are some of the factors anticipated to drive the global microfluidic immunoassay market during the forecast period
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period. Increase in research & development activities in the field of diagnostics, adoption of advanced testing techniques and presence of major players in life sciences industry, large number of research institutes, and growing need for new and improved therapies to address medical conditions, are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
- Economic growth in India, China, Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has improved the health care infrastructure and accessibility to innovative products and health care services. Moreover, rise in incidence of non-communicable and infectious diseases along with aging population and increase in disposable income are expected to drive the microfluidics immunoassay market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Forestry Machinery Market, Ask for a Customized Microfluidic Immunoassay Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market
Major players operating in the global microfluidic immunoassay market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Nan?mix, Inc.
- Micropoint Bioscience, Inc.
- Biosurfit SA
- Quidel Corporation
Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market: Research Scope
Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market, by Product Type
- Microfluidic Analyzers
- Microfluidic Cartridges
Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market, by Technology
- Optical Immunosensors
- Electrochemical Immunosensors
- Mechanical Immunosensors
Global Microfluidic Immunoassay Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.