- The microdialysis technique is an expensive, invasive, and a new real-time continuous in vivo sampling technique
- Microdialysis is a minimally invasive sampling method that is used for continuous measurement of unbound, free analyte concentrations in the extracellular fluid of any tissue
- Analytes may include exogenous compounds to determine their distribution within the body or endogenous molecules to measure their biochemical functions in the body
- This method requires the insertion of a small microdialysis probe or catheter into the tissue of interest
- The technique was first applied in the early 1960s. Microdialysis techniques are extensively employed for sampling extracellular fluid in living organs. The first target for application of microdialysis technique was the central nervous system (CNS) of experimental animals.
- The microdialysis technique has been used to study brain neurophysiology and the release of metabolites, neurotransmitters, amino acids, monoamines, and other small endogenous compounds.
- It is a valuable tool for in vivo evaluation studies on drug metabolism, bioavailability, bioequivalence, and pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics, drug delivery, and pharmacological efficacy
Key Drivers of Global Microdialysis Market
- Increase in the usage of microdialysis technique in diverse applications is expected to drive the microdialysis market during the forecast period
- The technique is being utilized to monitor concentration of both exogenous and endogenous biomolecules in a range of tissue types such as reproductive organs, liver, blood, muscles, eyes, lungs, adipose tissues, and skin
- The microdialysis technique is also gaining popularity in the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) studies both in animals and humans is expected to drive the market during the forecast period
Clinical to be Highly Attractive Segment of Global Microdialysis Market
- In terms of application, the global microdialysis market can be classified into research and clinical
- The clinical segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rise in adoption of microdialysis in human clinical trials is a major factor that is estimated to drive the clinical segment during the forecast period.
- Increase in usage of microdialysis technique for various research applications in central nervous system is likely to drive the research segment during the forecast period
North America to Dominate the Global Microdialysis Market
- In terms of region, the global microdialysis market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global microdialysis market during the forecast period.
- New product launches, presence of favorable insurance coverage, technological advancements in microdialysis techniques, increasing focus on skin microdialysis, growing interest in online microdialysis-based analytical systems, and rising prevalence of chronic diseases in the region are expected to drive the microdialysis market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Microdialysis Market
The global microdialysis market is concentrated with the presence of international and few local players. Key players operating in the global microdialysis market are:
- Merck KGaA
- Microbiotech se AB
- Synaptech Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Amuza Inc.
- Bioanalytical Systems Inc.
- Charles River Laboratories International Inc.
- Harvard Bioscience Inc.
- Instech Laboratories Inc.
- M Dialysis AB
Global Microdialysis Market: Research Scope
Global Microdialysis Market, by Application
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.