Global Microbiology Diagnostic Devices Market - Introduction
- Microbiology diagnostic devices are used for microbiology testing, which conducts diagnostic assessments for micro-organisms, generally due to infections caused by bacteria, viruses, fungus, mycobacterium, and parasites
- Microbiology diagnostic devices help in the prevention, diagnosis as well as the treatment of infectious diseases
- These devices are employed to identifying micro-organisms rapidly in order to treat the contagious diseases initiated by bacteria, fungus, viruses, parasites and other micro-organism
Key Drivers of Global Microbiology Diagnostic Devices Market
Rising incidence of infectious diseases
The microbiology diagnostic devices market is being driven by a rising incidence of various infectious diseases caused by bacteria, fungus, viruses, parasites, and other micro-organisms. For instance, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 2 million infections, which are hospital acquired, occur in the U.S. alone each year, causing more than more than 90,000 deaths in the country. Such instances have fueled the demand for microbiology diagnostic devices.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Microbiology Diagnostic Devices Market Report from this Brochure
Growing outbreaks of epidemics
The microbiology diagnostic devices market is being driven by a rising incidence of various epidemics occurring in certain regions. For instance, in 2019, Ukraine witnessed a large outbreak of measles that infected more than 25,000 people. Furthermore, as per the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 83,540 measles cases were registered in Europe in 2018. Such instances are fueling the demand for microbiology diagnostic devices.
Increased funding and public-private investments
The microbiology diagnostic devices market is also being driven by increased funding provided for diagnostic services by both public and private sectors. For instance, in 2016, Core Diagnostics, a specialized diagnostics services company based in India, raised a funding of approximately US$ 12 million from private investors. Such instances have further propelled the demand for microbiology diagnostic devices.
North America and Europe dominate the global microbiology diagnostic devices market, Asia Pacific to witness significant expansion
- North America and Europe account for prominent share of the global microbiology testing/clinical microbiology market, due to the presence of advanced healthcare infrastructure, rising incidences of infectious diseases, increasing investments by public and private sectors in life science research and increased funding in these regions
The market in Asia Pacific region is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period owing to leading product development initiatives in the region and rising adoption of new technologies, resulting in a high conversion rate from traditional testing methods to newer and more advanced testing technologies.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Microbiology Diagnostic Devices Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Microbiology Diagnostic Devices Market
- The global microbiology diagnostic devices market is concentrated, with a few players accounting for a significant share of the global market. Demand for microbiology diagnostic devices has increased in both emerging and developed markets. Key growth strategies such as product launches and enhancements have been adopted by major players in order to consolidate their position in the global market. Furthermore, strategies such as agreements, partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions were also adopted by several market players to remain competitive in the market. Key players operating in the global market are:
- BioMérieux SA
- Danaher Corporation
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Bruker Corporation
- Hologic, Inc
- Qiagen N.V.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Shimadzu Corporation
- 3M Company
- Neogen Corporation
Global Microbiology Diagnostic Devices Market- Research Scope
- The global microbiology diagnostic devices market can be segmented based on product, disease type, end-user, and region.
Global Microbiology Diagnostic Devices Market, by Product
- Laboratory Instruments
- Gram strainers
- Autoclave sterilizers
- Bacterial colony counters
- Microbial air samplers
- Blood culture counters
- Microbial culture systems
- Anaerobic culture systems
- Petri dish fillers
- Other laboratory instruments
- Microbiology Analyzers
- Molecular diagnostic instruments
- Advanced microscopes
- Mass spectrometers
- Pathogen-specific kits
- General reagents
Global Microbiology Diagnostic Devices Market, by Disease Type
- Respiratory diseases
- Bloodstream infections
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Urinary tract infections
- Periodontal diseases
- Other diseases
Global Microbiology Diagnostic Devices Market, by End-user
- Hospitals and diagnostic centers
- Custom diagnostic lab service providers
- Academia & research institutes
Global Microbiology Diagnostic Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.